Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confession!?

Options
  • 28-05-2018 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭

IF..... I voted yes!?
    I didn't vote for a religious or moral reason. Abortion was already available in Ireland(for special cases)and was already available(for everyone for any reason)if you were prepared to travel and all the stress, cost, logistics, sorrow etc etc that would come with travelling!?
    So IF I voted yes!? Then I only did so to make abortion a little less stressful for any girl/woman who had made the decision to abort less stressful and with less 'hassle'..
    I'm still a good Catholic and I am sorry if I upset the Catholic Church(my church)

http://www.thejournal.ie/bishop-catholics-who-voted-yes-sinned-4039904-May2018/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,309 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

does anybody take Kevin Doran seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Irrelevant man talks about stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Look.

It's over.

Lets all take the week off. I'm sick of these immature threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

does anybody take Kevin Doran seriously?

Does anyone take anybody serious?
    I can see his point, be it's kinda one sided or whatever. As a Catholic I would have sympathy and empathy for anyone having to travel, so why not take the stress and cost away from those women and just vote yes.. It's not remotely 'non' religious if you voted YES for that reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Irrelevant man talks about stuff...

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Oh Cheesus, not another obliquely-about-abortion thread. I'm seriously considering closing my acount. This place is gone to ****e.

Look.

It's over.

Lets all take the week off. I'm sick of these immature threads.

Your so mature that you couldn't ignore this thread and move on.
    You probably need yoga to control your urge to not comment on immature threads!?
    Lmao.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Classic Monday morning poo thread which takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Christ, if this is what you have to worry about OP, you must have a great life!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I don't get the logic of voting yes on Friday with the intention of confessing on Monday to stay down with the big man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Probably not worthy of another thread but...

I did like the way he said the catholic church is a family and no-one gets kicked out. Because I've wanted to leave for ages and I can't. There's no way to leave the catholic church in Ireland.

Ahhhh here will yis all féck off with your BIG hangover heads.
    It's not my fault I worked all weekend and am off now for a couple of days.
    Yeeee-haasaa
    Ahhhh I love Mondays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm still a good Catholic and I am sorry if I upset the Catholic Church(my church)

Are you sure youre old enough to vote? Stop being afraid of other adults giving out to you.

Yeeee-haasaa

Grand day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are you sure youre old enough to vote? Stop being afraid of other adults giving out to you.

Are you still here?
    I thought I told you to take up yoga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Are you still here?
    I thought I told you to take up yoga.

The priests don't like that much either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Grayson wrote: »
    Probably not worthy of another thread but...

I did like the way he said the catholic church is a family and no-one gets kicked out. Because I've wanted to leave for ages and I can't. There's no way to leave the catholic church in Ireland.

it's a pretty dysfunctional family isn't it?

You could always try to get yourself excommunicated?

Although I don't know what that would take. Could have to go through some serious effort

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Yeeee-haasaa

Well now you spend some of that free time taking out your sole and giving it a good scrub with dettol before the baby jesus sees it and starts his whinging again..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

It's classic catholicism. Sin first. Repent later.

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    it's a pretty dysfunctional family isn't it?

You could always try to get yourself excommunicated?

Although I don't know what that would take. Could have to go through some serious effort

Declaring yourself a same sex marriage supporter, abortion loving atheist isn't enough. They didn't even kick out child abusers.

I may have to declare myself pope.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Well now you spend some of that free time taking out your sole and giving it a good scrub with dettol before the baby jesus sees it and starts his whinging again..

Foot or fish? ;)

Yis can all frig off now, I'm going fishing.
    I'll speak to yis egits later when you all have a good sup of wine in yis... Yis winos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Plenty of things are considered sins by the church. If you consider yourself a Catholic that's something you have to deal with.

He's giving his opinion. So what? He's not holding a gun to anyones head to go to confession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Yis can all frig off now, I'm going fishing.
    I'll speak to yis egits later when you all have a good sup of wine in yis... Yis winos :)

With the weather like this it's gonna be beer tonight for me :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Grayson wrote: »

It's a good analogy though in fairness. No matter how fucked up your family is you can't officially leave them either. You can estrange yourself from them, and that's about as far as it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

For forgiveness of sin in confession you must acknowledge the sin and be truly sorry. His premise that those voting Yes should go to confession is flawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

. His premise that those voting Yes should go to confession is flawed.

Yup, a bit of a "flawed pedigree" in the words of a former Fine Gael Taoiseach here.

For forgiveness of sin in confession you must acknowledge the sin and be truly sorry. His premise that those voting Yes should go to confession is flawed.

So the sin is unforgivable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Nice day out.

Advertisement