Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit poll: The post referendum thread. No electioneering.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Look, I earlier expressed my pride and delight that the yes side has won emphatically.

Reading some of the sneering triumpalist (and frankly immature) commments on here from some of the Yes voters is making me feel very queasy.

This is not a time for slagging people off or for doing a lap of the stadium with your shirt off!!

Agreed and good to hear it from a yes voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Benteke wrote: »
    Donegal letting the country down again, I expect nothing more from the backward county
    Thats not called for and is just an ignorant statement.
    Nearly 50% voted yes, more in the urban centres. Donegal is a big county with a large rural population that has suffered terribly from depopulation.
    Plenty of people in Donegal voted yes.
    However the demographics are such that close to 50% is very good and a sign of real progress.
    I like living in Donegal, it can be a great place

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

and that makes it alright?
    Where did I say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Agreed and good to hear it from a yes voter.

Is it not being a sore loser though?

"Don't celebrate too hard lads, you'll hurt my feelings".

We've moved on from mothers dying unessecarily and you don't want celebrations?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,692 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anyone else watching RTÉ ? I didnt get her name but she seemed to be saying that members of the committee told her how she vote. And MMOC told them to go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

blueser wrote: »
    Where did I say that?

you referenced other comments in justification.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

enda1 wrote:
    If the foetus reaches a viable age and is given birth to, then it is a baby. And then the father does have a say.

Lol. You'd wanna check the legislation for unmarried couples before making such a bold statement.

Fathers have fcuk all rights unless married. It's at the woman's behest.
    Maybe a progressive society like Ireland is showing itself to be should look at this issue next....

But that's a different argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Time to legalize the weed next

joe40 wrote: »
    Nearly 50% voted yes, more in the urban centres. Donegal is a big county with a large rural population that has suffered terribly from depopulation.
    However the demographics are such that close to 50% is very good and a sign of real progress.

What has depopulation got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CruelCoin wrote: »
    What is it with the whesht and norn-iron counties being a bit backwards?

Northern Irish counties didn't vote. If you're gonna call people backwards, probably best to get your own facts in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

South east dublin unsurprisingly highest YES vote so far in the country at 77.1%.
    All other dublin constituencies following closely behind it, the lowest so far being dublin bay north at 74.7% in favour of repeal

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Benteke wrote: »
    Donegal letting the country down again, I expect nothing more from the backward county

And don't forget the town's in a different constituency that voted yes. I will cling on to that when I go back later in the year. Great county!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Why are people on a witch hunt for counties who share a different trend in their stance on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

What has depopulation got to do with it?
    Young people leaving. In the exit poll over 65 were just about 40% yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

you referenced other comments in justification.
    Read my post again; I didn't justify anything. I said the gloating on here, which is distasteful btw, isn't as bad as surmising on a poster being aborted. Which it isn't.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Northern Irish counties didn't vote. If you're gonna call people backwards, probably best to get your own facts in order.

There is a connaught-ulster constituency, which perfectly fits what i said (i lump donnegal in with the norns).

Doesn't change the facts though. Still backwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

how long will the no brigade continue to whine and moan and not accept the vote of the people of Ireland ?

I reckon they will still be crying, making excuses, and trying to belittle others for months to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Watching RTE1 now - Never realised before - either Brenden Howlin is very small or Michael Martin is very tall! :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

CruelCoin wrote:
    There is a connaught-ulster constituency, which perfectly fits what i said (i lump donnegal in with the norns).

Are you just making up stuff to sound clever?

Sheeps wrote: »
    Why are people on a witch hunt for counties who share a different trend in their stance on this?

Agreed. Calling counties backwards that bloody had a majority YES vote too. Even if every constituency went with YES, one still has to be the lowest! Silly carry on.

• Advertisement

Sheeps wrote: »

Just lifting the rug and shining a light.

Sometimes the dirty patches need to be examined before you clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Is it not being a sore loser though?

"Don't celebrate too hard lads, you'll hurt my feelings".

We've moved on from mothers dying unessecarily and you don't want celebrations?

Wtf?
    This has nothing to do with winning or losing.
    There has to be a sensitivity around abortion. The existance of potential human beings will be ended and in the vast majority of cases nothing to do whatsoever with dangers of mothers dying.
    Whether you voted yes or no the mature response is sensitivity. The immature response is wildly celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Roscommon-Galway.
    57.2% yes vs 42.8% no.

One of the lowest rates.

What is it with the whesht and norn-iron counties being a bit backwards?

They are not backward. In fact they show true civilisation

• Registered Users Posts: 39,692 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watching RTE1 now - Never realised before - either Brenden Howlin is very small or Michael Martin is very tall! :eek:
    Michael is fairly tall. Well he looked tall standing a bit away from him last Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

ricero wrote: »
    Time to legalize the weed next

Nope, I hope its religious out of schools.

What I plan on doing in the next week is finding out what you need to do to become a charity and try and find out what charity work IONA do. Where are they when the homeless need them, the walk into night mental health services, I have them in my sights.

I'm in Mattie's constituency, what's my chances of getting him to help me. :D

Doesn't change the facts though. Still backwards.

Except it doesn't. Ulster does not equal Northern Ireland, or Norn Iron as you put it. Secondly, all results so far show majority YES votes. Ignorant comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Graces7 wrote: »
    They are not backward. In fact they show true civilisation

And how did they do that?

By voting yes?

CruelCoin wrote:
    Just lifting the rug and shining a light.

You'd wanna start dealing in facts then, because you're making an absolute fool of yourself.

Rug, shining light indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Has Mayo come in yet please?

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Are you just making up stuff to sound clever?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North-West_(European_Parliament_constituency)

Apologies. It's now called North-west.

You can be as salty and chippy as you like, but when you consistently vote in lower proportion in favour of progressive change, then people have a right to question why that is.

Advertisement