Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi 4 camera cctv kit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    This CCTV system is coming back as a special buy next Thursday April 5th..No price up online yet.. Might be on leaflet, anyone know?

€199.99

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

€199.99
    Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dinamit875

Hi everyone. Just bought this kit today, connected one of the cameras to see bow it works, everything is done correctly, camera is working because I can see infrared lights are on, BUT for some reason when I turn on DVR it beeps once(should be like that) and theres coloured bars on my TV after few seconds black screen no menu to set it up etc. Would any of ye know whats the problem? And how to fix it, please. Thank you very much. TV used, Panasonic HD vierra.

dinamit875 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just bought this kit today, connected one of the cameras to see bow it works, everything is done correctly, camera is working because I can see infrared lights are on, BUT for some reason when I turn on DVR it beeps once(should be like that) and theres coloured bars on my TV after few seconds black screen no menu to set it up etc. Would any of ye know whats the problem? And how to fix it, please. Thank you very much. TV used, Panasonic HD vierra.

The DVR video output is too high a resolution for the TV you are using.Connect to a full hd or a 4k TV via HDMI or a pc monitor..You will then be able to lower the video output of the DVR to match the TV you are currently using.

Thank you. I will try it as soon as I find my old pc monitor.

• Advertisement

dinamit875 wrote: »
    Thank you. I will try it as soon as I find my old pc monitor.

You're welcome..I didn't buy this exact system but got a similar spec one from Amazon..Seems the video output is set to high definition by default...Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Installed this system a few weeks ago in my sister's new boutique/shop.
    Got the same issues with the HDMI connection with a HD ready TV.
    Ended up getting a VGA cable and it works perfectly.
    You can then go in and fix the output to suit your TV or monitor.

Great system. Very comprehensive and loads of options.
    Took a bit of fiddling with the phone app but got there in the end.

Need to go back and set up alerts and stuff but working well so far

Found my old monitor today, got it connected to DVR via VGA cable(theres no HDMI) got a message "not in range", must say alteast I got a message, not like on my HD 4K TV just a black screen. Tomorrow will try to connect my sisters monitor, its HD and has HDMI and VGA, she uses it for games. Hopefully it will work and I will be able to change resolution to suit TV, I just dont want to keep extra monitor.

everything is working great all cameras. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bawney

Hi lads I know this is a old post but do any of ye know how to record on the aldi CCTV can't seem to record on it ha. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cordangan

Aldi home protector cctv kit has npview remote viewing software. The remote viewing with NPview just stopped working. The login is no longer working and one cannot register a new account. It appears thè cloud viewing NPview software no longer is supporting these cameras for remote viewing . Anybody else experiencing this issue?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jonners21

I'm in the same position.
    My remote viewing software has stopped working too
    Seems like the app isn't connecting to the cloud anymore
    No solutions available yet
    Pity because its a great little system

cordangan wrote: »
    Aldi home protector cctv kit has npview remote viewing software. The remote viewing with NPview just stopped working. The login is no longer working and one cannot register a new account. It appears thè cloud viewing NPview software no longer is supporting these cameras for remote viewing . Anybody else experiencing this issue?.

Download xmeye. It night soy you or just work as a temporary solution

Unfortunately this solution did not work at all. Thanks for suggestion
    Download xmeye. It night soy you or just work as a temporary solution

Unfortunately this solution did not work at all. Thanks for suggestion
    A solution that was suggested was an app called MkVsion. This is the replacement app for NPView. Works fine. Thanks all for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intercepter

Hi, saw this post tonight. I had exact same problem a few weeks ago. Spent 2 full days trying to reset password to no avail. Finally figured that home protector had probably gone out of business and someone somewhere just closed down the cloud website. Very frustrating as I can no longer view remotely. I managed to find some phone numbers and a web site but all lead to dead ends so pretty sure the service is gone.
    I tried suggestion of MKVISION but couldn’t even find the app on App Store. If anyone has any suggestions for alternative mechanism of getting remote viewing via an app it would be appreciated

Interceptor you are going to love this solution. I initially made the exact same mistake as you. The app spelling you have is incorrect. It should be mkvsion. Ďownload and register with mkvsion as old login details were for npview only. Hopefully you remember how to register using QR code etc Same register procedures as npview.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intercepter

Interceptor you are going to love this solution. I initially made the exact same mistake as you. The app spelling you have is incorrect. It should be mkvsion. Ďownload and register with mkvsion as old login details were for npview only. Hopefully you remember how to register using QR code etc Same register procedures as npview.

@Cordangan - absolute legend.
    I was indeed making that mistake. My dyslexia must’ve kicked in as misread all the posts and was sure it was vision.

This is fantastic that it’s working again. Very useful to have the remote viewing again !

Seems this software, whilst very similar has a better look and feel too.

Thanks so much Cordangan. Yah can’t beat Boards.ie ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

Hi pal,

im in the same boat and am trying to register on the Mkvsion app but it wont let me register as it says my email is already registered which i dont believe to be correct. I tried it with 2 other emails and getting the same message, any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks.

I have no idea what is going on there

• Advertisement

I have no idea what is going on there

I eventually got it downloaded, very strange. Would you have the instructions for how I can add the system to it please? Thanks

Adding cameras to the system, same process as the npview setup.
    https://docplayer.net/32985681-User-guide-4-camera-cctv-kit.html

Adding cameras to the system, same process as the npview setup.
    https://docplayer.net/32985681-User-guide-4-camera-cctv-kit.html

Thanks pal, i cant seem to add the cameras to work on the app, it says its offline, any idea how to overcome this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cheesy231

Hi guys, spent a few weeks now trying to overcome this exact issue regarding the home protector cctv. I have mine back up and functioning remote view via setting the device up in another app (FSeye) using just my external IP address and forwarding the 5800 port temporarily. My box will not connect to the cloud. Default server is hpview dot net is this the same for everyone else? Anyone got a workaround? Thanks in advance (edit… cloud was working previously and somewhat coincidently hasn’t worked since I had to change out the power supply, no settings have changed)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cheesy231

prince20 wrote: »
    Hi pal,

im in the same boat and am trying to register on the Mkvsion app but it wont let me register as it says my email is already registered which i dont believe to be correct. I tried it with 2 other emails and getting the same message, any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks.

I had same issue. Log in using the exact details you previously used on NPview

Cheesy231 wrote: »
    I had same issue. Log in using the exact details you previously used on NPview

Any idea how to view on my smartphone? it keeps saying that its offline though i can view it on the monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dobskidd

I have this system too, iv encountered a problem with the password. I can’t remember it to access everything. Any one any idea how to reset password? Or even to factory reset the whole system?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Raffster

Hi,
    I emailed technical@philex.com and they sorted me out with a new passcode. They asked for a photo of the QR code. Hope this helps you out! Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Dobskidd

Raffster wrote: »
    Hi,
    I emailed technical@philex.com and they sorted me out with a new passcode. They asked for a photo of the QR code. Hope this helps you out! Good luck!

Thanks for reply.
    Would you Have any idea how I would get to the QR code? As I can’t get into any settings whatsoever. I have the app on my phone which is working perfect, I can use playback etc. Just no settings.

Advertisement