Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2018 campaign

Options
  • 15-12-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

After the devastating news of failing stage 3 yesterday, I’m just wondering when the next campaign is? I heard it’s September 2018?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    After the devastating news of failing stage 3 yesterday, I’m just wondering when the next campaign is? I heard it’s September 2018?

You can appeal to PAS to resit the stage 3, complain that your result should have been higher etc

Think the deadline for appeals is Monday around 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

D Trent wrote: »
    You can appeal to PAS to resit the stage 3, complain that your result should have been higher etc

Think the deadline for appeals is Monday around 10am

I didn’t know u can apple? Thanks for letting me know.

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    I didn’t know u can apple? Thanks for letting me know.
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away

Email them before Monday

An apple a day keeps the doctor away

Email them before Monday

Sorry apple wasn’t meant to be in there .

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Would a new recruitment campaign not start in January, February, at least I couldn't see it not happening before September 18? Thats over 9 months away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

vardy98 wrote: »
    Would a new recruitment campaign not start in January, February, at least I couldn't see it not happening before September 18? Thats over 9 months away.

Going off of Jan 16, Sep 16, Jun 17, it seems to be 9 month gaps so probably March 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Andrei.tfn

Hi , anyone know when they will be open for new applications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

P1nkr0ses wrote: »
    Regarding age, I'll be 34 in August so I'm getting pretty damn close to the cut off. Do you only have to be under 35 at the point of application?

Like, if the next applications are accepted in September 2018 I'll be 34 but what if I wasn't called for training until after I turned 35...?

I assumed it was up to 35? Meaning that your application wouldn't be accepted if you were 36..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jack53

It's our age at the closing date of campaign . So you could be 34 and 11/12. And it could take u 2 years to get in so ideally you could be 37

• Advertisement

Jack53 wrote: »
    It's our age at the closing date of campaign . So you could be 34 and 11/12. And it could take u 2 years to get in so ideally you could be 37

Scrap what I said, Jack is correct.

I'd say tomorrow Thursday will be a new campaign ..

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

God I hope your rIght lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Why do you say that?

userunkown wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

Almost a week ago and no sign of a new campaign yet. I'd say nobody knows for sure. Until it's officially launched. Other wise it's all just speculation imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shaneoc42

Hi lads, I'm very much looking forward to recruitment opening this year. However I do have one question that I just can't seem to find the answer to anywhere else, where do you find the application itself once it is possible to apply?

I'm also somewhat concerned my age may have a big enough deal to play in selection, I'm only 19 years of age as of now. Do you think that will play a role in how they look at the application or how they respond to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

shaneoc42 wrote: »
    Hi lads, I'm very much looking forward to recruitment opening this year. However I do have one question that I just can't seem to find the answer to anywhere else, where do you find the application itself once it is possible to apply?

I'm also somewhat concerned my age may have a big enough deal to play in selection, I'm only 19 years of age as of now. Do you think that will play a role in how they look at the application or how they respond to it?

You need to register with publicjobs.ie. Then sign up for alerts.

19 year olds have been recruited in the last couple of years, so no issue there.

Just make sure you have some sort of voluntary/community experience and you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

And it still hasn't happened...
    Anybody got any info?
    Or is it still anybody's guess

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Catepillar1994

Anyone else contentiously refreshing to see if a new campaign has been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

Anyone else contentiously refreshing to see if a new campaign has been announced yet?

They shared a link on Facebook yesterday about the process involved if your intrested in applying. Im sure thats a sign there will be one soon on the link there was an optiom to sign up to get notified when the campaigns open

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2054889564751483&id=1666364440270666

• Advertisement

Sue93 wrote: »
    They shared a link on Facebook yesterday about the process involved if your intrested in applying. Im sure thats a sign there will be one soon on the link there was an optiom to sign up to get notified when the campaigns open

Thank you :D

Guys I read on Facebook on the Garda recruitment pages the next drive is in the summer months of '18! So keep your eyes peeled while enjoying the Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

New campaign announced for people waiting to apply this year.... it’s on public’s Jobs.

Is anyone having an awful time trying to download step 1 or is it just me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

I was able to fill out the application form online, and then it only gave the option to upload it. However, the only file that appears to be uploadable is the Step 3 (info for the interview).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

How proficient in a 2nd language would you need to be for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Anyone else having trouble downloading the PDF application form? It keeps giving me an error message!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Is anyone having an awful time trying to download step 1 or is it just me :(

No, I’m having the same trouble, I keep getting an error message when I try download the application form

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Spunter

User2206 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble downloading the PDF application form? It keeps giving me an error message!

Hey you must have Adobe Reader downloaded on your machine, If you download the application form as usual then right click the file and select "Open in Adobe Reader" this should work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

I know I posted above, but just to clear something up: Is the PDF application form the one with the details for the interview stage (ie. jobs, hobbies)? That is the one I downloaded and am currently filling out to put in with the online application form. The last recruitment drive I took part in (September 2016) that particular form wasn't filled out until you were called for an interview.

Advertisement