Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magnum P.I. - US-Pace- CBS (**Spoilers**)

• 14-05-2018 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭

First look at the new Magnum
    magnum-pi.jpg?w=605&h=438

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

No tache no deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Sacrilege.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I expect a Hawaii Five-0 crossover with in the first few episode as it will turn out Magnum and McGarrett were Navy SEALs together or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,498 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Jay Hernandez looks too young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Never knew this was being remade.  How long before they remake the A-Team for TV?!  I know they tried and failed with Knightrider a few years back, wonder how this will go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Was this not gonna be with Magnum's daughter or something? Yer man in the OP's pic isn't suited anyway!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Was this not gonna be with Magnum's daughter or something? Yer man in the OP's pic isn't suited anyway!

That pilot reboot didn't get picked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

CBS, do they have any good shows?

Was gonna say not even Herc could get me to watch this, but the trailer kind of ruined that. In fact it kinda ruins the whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I like the music...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Trailer gives away FAR too much. Has it's moments, but overall I'm not sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Higgins is now a woman

wtand-f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭squonk

LOL! Looks to be the same formula as H50 and MacGyver. Take an original show, throw out its setup, make it a team with a techie, a shïtkicker, a resourceful one and let’s make the boss female. Hilarity ensues. Ok H50hasnt a female boss but I’d bet if it was launched today it’d be Cmdr Stephanie McGarrett. Do they ever get tired of cut and paste show development? Let’s hope it’s better than McGyver. That show is awful poor.

Started last night going to stick it on in a bit and give it a try at least.

Zeus & Apollo were the best thing.

The cast lack the presence and charisma however it fits well into the bland/slick/multicultural/non discrimination casting PC rebooting/reimagining CBS universe of Hawaii Five O and MacGyver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have it ready to watch this evening. I'll be honest and say I remember little about the original apart from Selleck, tache, shirt and car. And the theme song.

So will watch it and Manifest later

Well they're definitely not hiding the fact they're in the same world as Hawaii Five-0. But if the first time we see them meet is the first time they actually meet, I would be surprised. Steve would have to know him at least. Ex marine. PI. run-ins with cops. Being reminded it's 5-0's jurisdiction. Of course he would have to be introduced on that show and they would have to be introduced on tis one.
    Knew that guy was either going to die or be the bad guy, since he wasn't in the opening credits. If it was the pilot that was killed, I would have suspected Kamekona.
    And he deserved to lose the first Ferrari, blocking a drive that had an ambulance in it.

Think 5-0 is enough CBS procedural for me, so will pass on this show. Easy watch but don't need to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well they're definitely not hiding the fact they're in the same world as Hawaii Five-0. But if the first time we see them meet is the first time they actually meet, I would be surprised. Steve would have to know him at least. Ex marine. PI. run-ins with cops. Being reminded it's 5-0's jurisdiction. Of course he would have to be introduced on that show and they would have to be introduced on tis one.
    Knew that guy was either going to die or be the bad guy, since he wasn't in the opening credits. If it was the pilot that was killed, I would have suspected Kamekona.
    And he deserved to lose the first Ferrari, blocking a drive that had an ambulance in it.

Think 5-0 is enough CBS procedural for me, so will pass on this show. Easy watch but don't need to watch.

Same guy behind the new Hawaii Five-0 is thought they'd knock it out of the park (as the Yanks say) with the first episode, but wasn't a patch on Five-0.

It wasn't great, but wasn't bad either - just a bit ho-hum. Cast is decent (including the hounds) and I like they made it action show. The flashback to the Afghanistan prison makes no sense -
    where did Nuzo stash the bullet and firefighter?:rolleyes:

The producers confirmed ages ago it was a part of the Hawaii Five-0 world but said a crossover was a long way off, but they mentioned Five-0 in the pilot and Cunhu appeared, Kamekona is in the next episode and McGarret is already set to appear late in the season.

I'll watch it if it shows up on Netflix or something but I'm a couple of seasons behind on Five-0 so I'm in no hurry to watch Magnum in case of spoilers in any crossovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I dont hate it.

But it just needs Tom Selleck to appear in at least 1 episode as Robin Masters

It starts on Sky1 on Wednesday January 16th at 9pm

• Advertisement

Higgins is now a woman

wtand-f.jpg

So how long before her and Magnum are getting jiggy on the beach :P

I like Zachary Knighton as Rick, could be as I am a Happy Endings fan

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

I thought this would be an easy breezy show to enjoy, but it's taking so much effort to watch lately.. just checked and there are only a few more ep's left of the season, might as well finish it out but definitely won't be sticking with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

This is quite possibly the worst thing that’s ever appeared on a tv screen and before you ask, no I haven’t seen a single second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Higgins is now a woman

wtand-f.jpg

I can forgive Higgins being a lady, and I can forgive a lack of Tom Sellek given his age.

However, I can NOT get past the lead actor not having a Tash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    I can forgive Higgins being a lady, and I can forgive a lack of Tom Sellek given his age.

However, I can NOT get past the lead actor not having a Tash

I’m sure he’ll sort it once he gets past puberty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's a real no brainer of a show, I guess the Hawaii Tourism Board has a massive budget to keep this and Hawaii-50 on the air. Saying that, I like watching those shows as it reminds me of my honeymoon.

Jordana Brewster to play Magnum's ex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭pah

I like 5-0 for the most part. Easy to watch with great chemistry on the team. Only ever saw snippets of MacGyver I'm afraid to ruin my childhood as that along with the ATEAM was the gold standard for me. I watched Magnum a bit as a kid but not as much as the other 2.

If I start watching something and get past 3 eposodes I usually commit unless it's absolutely godawful. Last thing I abandoned was Taken, the series after 5or6 episodes.

I suppose I'll give it a whirl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

pah wrote: »
    I like 5-0 for the most part. Easy to watch with great chemistry on the team. Only ever saw snippets of MacGyver I'm afraid to ruin my childhood as that along with the ATEAM was the gold standard for me. I watched Magnum a bit as a kid but not as much as the other 2.

If I start watching something and get past 3 eposodes I usually commit unless it's absolutely godawful. Last thing I abandoned was Taken, the series after 5or6 episodes.

I suppose I'll give it a whirl.

MacGyver isn't too bad because it's not a reboot more the next generation.

Hawaii Five-0 crossover this week

Felt like Hawaii Five-0 set up a different story then Magnum went another way with it
    Things like
    They needed to break the hacker out of prison which they failed at, yet were still able to decrypt the card

I do always find it funny when people who work in professions such as law enforcement and spywork leave their laptops as insecure as possible, never mind the fact that they tear Steve's house apart but leave the laptop behind.

Is Higgins hair a wig?

3 starts tomorrow night on Sky 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,671 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's brainless entertainment - doesn't try to be anything more and it's enjoyable enough

• Advertisement

They are running out of ideas though. Like the twist in the first episode of the season was obvious because they've done it plenty of times before. And between this and Five 0, how many times have they been stuck in the jungle while being hunted like in episode 2?

I don't watch MacGyver, but I assume Microsoft are involved with that as well.
    I was watching this week's episode of Magnum and wondered why they continue to be involved with the series. Using their products is one thing, but the fact a lot of investigations involve hacking into other people's email (outlook) and cloud storage (OneDrive), you'd think they wouldn't exactly want that shown.

Renewed for a 4th season.

Devon Sawa joins in a multi episode arc

Watching this week's Magnum

The bad guys were supposedly pros at their job, tearing the house apart searching for something and didn't think to search the purse that was sitting on the counter?

Bit like that episode of Police Squad where they take a car apart looking for drugs and they were just in the glove box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I saw the first episode and new Magnum and it was okay but just didn’t hook me.

New Hawaii 5-0 is great fun. Or it was - I haven’t seen it since the season that ended with Steve sick from radiation and Kino leaving. Stopped using a VPN on Netflix and nowhere else to see it.

Don’t know what it was like without Kono or Chin Ho but they had a lot of supporting characters in the show more often than they needed be. Hurley from Lost didn’t need to be in every episode .

I turned off a few minutes McGyver into the first episode when he killed people and used a gun (I think). MacGyver doesn’t do that.

It grows on you. I like the new Higgins even tho everyone seems to hate her, they should have gone back and watched some of the originals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

i did like the new Higgins plus she is gorgeous - she was in the last season of Penny Dreadful.

They don’t make her and Magnum a couple do they?

I’m hoping Hawaii 5-0 (both of them) will be on Paramount+ when it comes here. I will give Magnum a look at some stage.

But my current watchlist is over populated as it is.

They don’t make her and Magnum a couple do they?

It's played with but never goes there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That's a damn shame

Just rotating the Hawaii shows. Five-0 overlapped with Magnum before cancellation and now Magnum overlapped with NCIS before cancellation and also before any crossover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Surprising to hear. Thought it would have gotten a few more seasons as hey, it lasted 4. It had some audience but I guess that audience wasn't big enough to warrant more.

Always thought that Tom Sellick would have appeared as Robin in the final episode or something. Even tho he said he would never appear on the show - nice payday would change that. Guess we will never know.

I notice CBS have higher expectations than other networks. They're so used to NCIS level numbers that they cancel shows with numbers other networks would be delighted with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Its cancellation came after lengthy and complex talks between CBS and lead studio Universal Television, which also is behind CBS’ FBI franchise and The Equalizer. Following tough negotiations, the other four series, which are among CBS’ top ratings performers, received multi-season renewals.

I hear Magnum P.I.’s cancellation was a business decision after the two sides could not come to an agreement on the license fee as lower overall linear ratings have been pushing down on what networks are willing to spend on shows. The problem is most pronounced when a series comes from an outside studio as is the case with Magnum P.I.

Also likely factoring into the decision to cancel Magnum P.I. is the strength of CBS’ crop of drama pilots this season, which put additional pressure on the hourlong bubble series.

Looks like it came down to a business decision

• Advertisement
Advertisement