Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Magnum P.I. - US-Pace- CBS (**Spoilers**)

• 14-05-2018 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭

First look at the new Magnum
    magnum-pi.jpg?w=605&h=438

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

No tache no deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Sacrilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I expect a Hawaii Five-0 crossover with in the first few episode as it will turn out Magnum and McGarrett were Navy SEALs together or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,789 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Jay Hernandez looks too young

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Never knew this was being remade.  How long before they remake the A-Team for TV?!  I know they tried and failed with Knightrider a few years back, wonder how this will go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Was this not gonna be with Magnum's daughter or something? Yer man in the OP's pic isn't suited anyway!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Was this not gonna be with Magnum's daughter or something? Yer man in the OP's pic isn't suited anyway!

That pilot reboot didn't get picked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

CBS, do they have any good shows?

Was gonna say not even Herc could get me to watch this, but the trailer kind of ruined that. In fact it kinda ruins the whole season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I like the music...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Trailer gives away FAR too much. Has it's moments, but overall I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Higgins is now a woman

wtand-f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭squonk

LOL! Looks to be the same formula as H50 and MacGyver. Take an original show, throw out its setup, make it a team with a techie, a shïtkicker, a resourceful one and let’s make the boss female. Hilarity ensues. Ok H50hasnt a female boss but I’d bet if it was launched today it’d be Cmdr Stephanie McGarrett. Do they ever get tired of cut and paste show development? Let’s hope it’s better than McGyver. That show is awful poor.

Started last night going to stick it on in a bit and give it a try at least.

Zeus & Apollo were the best thing.

The cast lack the presence and charisma however it fits well into the bland/slick/multicultural/non discrimination casting PC rebooting/reimagining CBS universe of Hawaii Five O and MacGyver.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have it ready to watch this evening. I'll be honest and say I remember little about the original apart from Selleck, tache, shirt and car. And the theme song.

So will watch it and Manifest later

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they're definitely not hiding the fact they're in the same world as Hawaii Five-0. But if the first time we see them meet is the first time they actually meet, I would be surprised. Steve would have to know him at least. Ex marine. PI. run-ins with cops. Being reminded it's 5-0's jurisdiction. Of course he would have to be introduced on that show and they would have to be introduced on tis one.
    Knew that guy was either going to die or be the bad guy, since he wasn't in the opening credits. If it was the pilot that was killed, I would have suspected Kamekona.
    And he deserved to lose the first Ferrari, blocking a drive that had an ambulance in it.

Think 5-0 is enough CBS procedural for me, so will pass on this show. Easy watch but don't need to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well they're definitely not hiding the fact they're in the same world as Hawaii Five-0. But if the first time we see them meet is the first time they actually meet, I would be surprised. Steve would have to know him at least. Ex marine. PI. run-ins with cops. Being reminded it's 5-0's jurisdiction. Of course he would have to be introduced on that show and they would have to be introduced on tis one.
    Knew that guy was either going to die or be the bad guy, since he wasn't in the opening credits. If it was the pilot that was killed, I would have suspected Kamekona.
    And he deserved to lose the first Ferrari, blocking a drive that had an ambulance in it.

Think 5-0 is enough CBS procedural for me, so will pass on this show. Easy watch but don't need to watch.

Same guy behind the new Hawaii Five-0 is thought they'd knock it out of the park (as the Yanks say) with the first episode, but wasn't a patch on Five-0.

It wasn't great, but wasn't bad either - just a bit ho-hum. Cast is decent (including the hounds) and I like they made it action show. The flashback to the Afghanistan prison makes no sense -
    where did Nuzo stash the bullet and firefighter?:rolleyes:

The producers confirmed ages ago it was a part of the Hawaii Five-0 world but said a crossover was a long way off, but they mentioned Five-0 in the pilot and Cunhu appeared, Kamekona is in the next episode and McGarret is already set to appear late in the season.

I'll watch it if it shows up on Netflix or something but I'm a couple of seasons behind on Five-0 so I'm in no hurry to watch Magnum in case of spoilers in any crossovers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I dont hate it.

But it just needs Tom Selleck to appear in at least 1 episode as Robin Masters

It starts on Sky1 on Wednesday January 16th at 9pm

• Advertisement

Higgins is now a woman

wtand-f.jpg

So how long before her and Magnum are getting jiggy on the beach :P

I like Zachary Knighton as Rick, could be as I am a Happy Endings fan

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

I thought this would be an easy breezy show to enjoy, but it's taking so much effort to watch lately.. just checked and there are only a few more ep's left of the season, might as well finish it out but definitely won't be sticking with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

This is quite possibly the worst thing that’s ever appeared on a tv screen and before you ask, no I haven’t seen a single second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Higgins is now a woman

wtand-f.jpg

I can forgive Higgins being a lady, and I can forgive a lack of Tom Sellek given his age.

However, I can NOT get past the lead actor not having a Tash

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    I can forgive Higgins being a lady, and I can forgive a lack of Tom Sellek given his age.

However, I can NOT get past the lead actor not having a Tash

I’m sure he’ll sort it once he gets past puberty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's a real no brainer of a show, I guess the Hawaii Tourism Board has a massive budget to keep this and Hawaii-50 on the air. Saying that, I like watching those shows as it reminds me of my honeymoon.

Jordana Brewster to play Magnum's ex

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭pah

I like 5-0 for the most part. Easy to watch with great chemistry on the team. Only ever saw snippets of MacGyver I'm afraid to ruin my childhood as that along with the ATEAM was the gold standard for me. I watched Magnum a bit as a kid but not as much as the other 2.

If I start watching something and get past 3 eposodes I usually commit unless it's absolutely godawful. Last thing I abandoned was Taken, the series after 5or6 episodes.

I suppose I'll give it a whirl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

pah wrote: »
    I like 5-0 for the most part. Easy to watch with great chemistry on the team. Only ever saw snippets of MacGyver I'm afraid to ruin my childhood as that along with the ATEAM was the gold standard for me. I watched Magnum a bit as a kid but not as much as the other 2.

If I start watching something and get past 3 eposodes I usually commit unless it's absolutely godawful. Last thing I abandoned was Taken, the series after 5or6 episodes.

I suppose I'll give it a whirl.

MacGyver isn't too bad because it's not a reboot more the next generation.

Advertisement