Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IAA Student Controller Programme 2018

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mauramol

Just a quick question- my son is applying for the student controller program and when completing the application form he was unable to input all his LC results. Maths was already input and he could only add 1 more subject. He chose English as his subject. Anyone able to shed any light on this? Thanks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jobinphilip

Mauramol wrote: »
    Just a quick question- my son is applying for the student controller program and when completing the application form he was unable to input all his LC results. Maths was already input and he could only add 1 more subject. He chose English as his subject. Anyone able to shed any light on this? Thanks ðŸ‘

I only had two options as well. I think this new 2018 application form is only looking for the Maths and English results.

Did anyone that applied receive back a confirmation email?

Mauramol wrote: »
    Did anyone that applied receive back a confirmation email?

No, I don't think you will receive a confirmation email. I Read about it somewhere that you will not receive it after applying. Applications close on 11th May, you can then expect any email after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 underdog2005

Good morning,

I have applied for this year's intake. If successful I will have to leave my current job. Is there anywhere where I can access the following.
    1. Current salary scale.
    2. Is their a pension (and type) for new ATCO
    3. Shift pattern in Dublin and Shannon

I have seen older pay scales, read that there is a new pension scheme and new shift patterns but I can't locate current ones.

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Address: Irish Aviation Authority, The Times Building, 11-12 D'Olier Street, Dublin 2.
    Tel: +353 1 671 8655

Ring the above number.
    Ask for HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LorcanMull

I am in the same position as Underdog2005. It says on website applications for 2018 now closed? I only applied today, anyone know if it is closed or aare they still looking?

LorcanMull wrote: »
    I am in the same position as Underdog2005. It says on website applications for 2018 now closed? I only applied today, anyone know if it is closed or aare they still looking?

Depends on the number of applications recieved, they will accept it in occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Got an Email this morning, invitation to the FEAST aptitude test for the 15th June in the Gresham.

I sent in an application a couple of months ago, got an Email this morning with an invitation to the FEAST aptitude test on the 15th June in the Gresham.

• Advertisement

Gweedling wrote: »
    I sent in an application a couple of months ago, got an Email this morning with an invitation to the FEAST aptitude test on the 15th June in the Gresham.

yah same here on the 18th June. Tell me how it goes and what to expect, if you dont mind.

yah same here on the 18th June. Tell me how it goes and what to expect, if you dont mind.

Will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stotes

Hi, I also received my invitation for the 20th. Good luck to everyone doing the test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

marketty wrote: »
    arccosh wrote:
    NATS are hiring also, along with Eurocontrol, if you fancy getting out of Ireland.....

arccosh wrote:
    both paid, although wages are pants until first rating (18 months to 2 years)

Under 25 only for Eurocontrol. NATS seem to have a good approach, trainee wage with an accommodation allowance.
    they're not only training NATS staff too, other air nav providers & airports are sending them to NATS to be trained... same sort of deal too I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

arccosh wrote: »
    they're not only training NATS staff too, other air nav providers & airports are sending them to NATS to be trained... same sort of deal too I believe
    Can you please post the links to other European countries who are recruiting.
    Especially the bit regarding salary and that they will send students to the UK for training.

I don't know who is currently recruiting... Avinor have students there at the moment though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

I done these exams today. Anyone who passes both of these should be given a job straight away!

hunter164 wrote: »
    I done these exams today. Anyone who passes both of these should be given a job straight away!
    Can I ask - were the exams extremely hard ? My son is going to attempt the test next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Not so much hard as quite intense, especially the morning section.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

arccosh wrote: »
    NATS are hiring also, along with Eurocontrol, if you fancy getting out of Ireland.....

both paid, although wages are pants until first rating (18 months to 2 years)

If you qualify with NATS, at some point could you apply for a job in Ireland?
    Or to work in Ireland must you be trained by the IAA?

• Advertisement

answered in other thread... but, yes

My son got notified today that he didn’t pass the 2nd part of the test. Best of luck to you who did ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 26 friday one

I did the tests a few weeks ago. Seemed to be 2 groups of 20 in the morning for the feast (which I thought I'd failed, but didn't)

It seemed the successful people (18 in all) were invited back for the Dart at 2.30.

I got an email telling me I passed.

Next is an online "work strength profile". Anybody any ideas what this is???

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

friday one wrote: »
    I did the tests a few weeks ago. Seemed to be 2 groups of 20 in the morning for the feast (which I thought I'd failed, but didn't)

It seemed the successful people (18 in all) were invited back for the Dart at 2.30.

I got an email telling me I passed.

Next is an online "work strength profile". Anybody any ideas what this is???

Questionnaire. Lots of “Agree strongly/somewhat/disagree” type statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 friday one

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Questionnaire. Lots of “Agree strongly/somewhat/disagree” type statements.

Cheers,

Suppose it's just a case of getting into the mindset of what they want.

Got an email today saying it will be emailed out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

friday one wrote: »
    Cheers,

Suppose it's just a case of getting into the mindset of what they want.

Got an email today saying it will be emailed out this week.

Answer honestly. Psychological type assessments have the same questions worded differently a number of times in order to catch people who are attempting to answer as they think they should, rather than as they actually believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Phil1994

Has anyone got anymore information on start dates etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pat Mustard23

Hey guys. Going doing the FEAST tests in 2 weeks time. Just wondering if the multi pass control test is something any of ye had to do or was it just the DART test. Says on the email there will be DART in the afternoon for 2hours 10mins, if you pass the FEAST 1. Just wondering if it will just be the DART test we will be doing or will it be multi control test also. Any information would be greatly appreciated.!

Advertisement