Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trucking general chat - was Forum/Sub-forum proposal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Odelay

westgolf wrote: »
    If he was working you'd be looking at his trailer back doors not the back of the cab.

Seen many with those back lights at night pulling flats. The don't always pull fridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

firstlight wrote: »
    That bottom bar give you any bother?
    Seems very low to the ground

The truck is on air in the front so that helps, can be a great bonus if you are backing into a spot off the road say and the kerbing is high, then you can let her up in the sky to avoid them, but there's the downside too, if you brake anyway hard then being on air she nose dives too so you can rub the tarmac.

Odelay wrote: »
    Seen many with those back lights at night pulling flats. The don't always pull fridges.

Very true, flats and low-loaders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Aska wrote: »
    A few shots of my old ladies before everything when pear-shaped. 161 can now be found on the M50 with scrap metal trailer with Wards. I know 'tang' machine, but no boots or cowboy hat in sight, never got into that bs.

161.jpg

1611.jpg

1612.jpg

1613.jpg

1614.jpg

Savage wagon.

I see applegreen on the n7 at rathcoole after redoing all there forecourts has got rid of sll truck parking😡😡😡. Was a handy place for a 45 most days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

I see applegreen on the n7 at rathcoole after redoing all there forecourts has got rid of sll truck parking������. Was a handy place for a 45 most days.

Just like garveys in dungarvin. Big hit to the pocket I bet

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Rave.ef wrote: »
    Just like garveys in dungarvin. Big hit to the pocket I bet

it sure is but then a few ruin it for all, dropping fridges and leaving them run all night etc, residents can't be blamed really. Co.Co. are in my opinion at fault, plus Verona and the boys do a savage job altogether in the defence of the driver !!!!

Oh ya I totally agree. But the council's and RSA should come to some solitions around the N and R roads. Sleeping on hard shoulders isn't ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

Did the second one go after?

• Advertisement

New Volvo 540. This lad used to do some real good vids before his ego and attention craving got in the way

neris wrote: »

I had a drive go lije that before I near crappes my pants I got such s shock.

New Volvo 540. This lad used to do some real good vids before his ego and attention craving got in the way

They have to rigid sin work with them engines and gearbox’s are there animals to go from the lights and move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

Had a right beauty the other morning. Was backing into a bay in limerick. Slightly awkward one but at the same time it's not. Anyway hazards on no one around the general area pulled out angled myself for it waited a second and started backing. Next thing *beeeeeeeeeeeeeep* so I think for a second s#!t jump out for a look. Some dips#!t starts mounting off your dangerous driving reversing blind. Now I won't say I lost my temper but told him how stupid he was. So he starts again with the dangerously reversing blind I'm calling the guards. I laughed so hard:pac: anyway a car behind me came over to me after he left said he had made it his business to get behind me before I started reversing. Pic of the spot below.

• Advertisement

Oh ya fine spot. It's on the ballysimon road in limerick. Huge wherhouse. To be honest was fairly pi$$ed till the lad behind him came over after he left. You know yourself we all make mistakes from time to time I was kinda questioning myself for a minute did I not see him when I pulled out but he came from a car park the other side of the estate.

It was but he was ok thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Just put it down to experience, Another clown on the road with no awareness for the space a truck needs
    Good reminder though never to stop checking the mirrors and to always keep your window down
    Hard to keep your cool
    Part of the reason i had to get away from it, Dont have patience for dealing with morons
    The amount of times i lost the head,Hard to get it out of your head then the rest of day
    End up bringing it home with you

• Advertisement

It was one of the rare opportunitys that I had a chance to have my say so was easy forget about it. What I find hard to let go sometimes is the idiot that squeezes past in your blind spot at a junction where the left lane is left turn only but people think they can bully they're way through because they are more important or something:rolleyes:

Your post Rave reminds me of this dashcam vid I saw yesterday. Go to 53 seconds. Dash cam driver been a Muppet trying to make the truck look bad

What a tool. I actually really love my job but it's dopes like this put a downer on your day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

It's hard to word this in a sensitive manner but cycle lane or not if a truck or a car is indicating left ahead of you under no circumstances is it safe to undertake. Now I don't know the circumstances of that accident yesterday but it's horrible to hear anything like that ever happened. No matter whos at fault there's a life lose and a life ruined.

They're trying to bring in lower cabs for tippers etc working in urban areas. The cabs would be similar to a bin lorry in their height of the ground. Also the passage door under the window to have amother pane of glass and lower mirrors. London are leading the way on this. But the amount of cyclists who go up the inside of anything bigger then a car is riduciulous. I drive a transit mini bus to a school. On the way there's a cycle lane and a left turn at lights that I take. The amount of times I've been 1st at the lights waiting only for a bike to come up the inside as im about to turn left

They're trying to bring in lower cabs for tippers etc working in urban areas. The cabs would be similar to a bin lorry in their height of the ground. Also the passage door under the window to have amother pane of glass and lower mirrors. London are leading the way on this. But the amount of cyclists who go up the inside of anything bigger then a car is riduciulous. I drive a transit mini bus to a school. On the way there's a cycle lane and a left turn at lights that I take. The amount of times I've been 1st at the lights waiting only for a bike to come up the inside as im about to turn left

That's a great idea to be fair but I can only imagine how often those glass panels are going to have to be changed:eek:
    I used to go to the no1 ballsbridge site nearly ever morning for a few months and once you get off the n7 as most will know there's cycle lanes all the way. Most people I meet them mornings were so dangerous I honestly don't know how there isn't more accidents.

Y should the lorry owners have to spend more money on equipping lorries with better vision etc. Lorry drivers are probably the most trained about between cpcs and everything.
    Is it not time cyclists were made to account fir there actions.
    More times I see the lemons coming up the inside of the truck car or jeep with the left indicator on. Instead of being going after the drivers go after the route cause of the problem the cyclists themselves.
    Then u have the likes of this one who won’t even use the cycle lane.

It’s not letting me post the pic.

Y should the lorry owners have to spend more money on equipping lorries with better vision etc. Lorry drivers are probably the most trained about between cpcs and everything.
    Is it not time cyclists were made to account fir there actions.
    More times I see the lemons coming up the inside of the truck car or jeep with the left indicator on. Instead of being going after the drivers go after the route cause of the problem the cyclists themselves.
    Then u have the likes of this one who won’t even use the cycle lane.

Because no matter how not at fault a high driver is for an accident they still get blamed. I know you get clowns going up the in side but there's some view that coz a driver is a professional and trained etc they should have 360 vision and mind reading powers

• Advertisement

There's comes a point that you know a dumb mother*****r is going to do something stupid before they know.

Spotted a Drom man with 20ft container not far from castletownbare heading towards cork this morning,think I remember someone on this saying they drove for them,nice looking wagon

Man or a Volvo. Wasn't me but few of the lads were below for sea weed alright. Just 're read the post:rolleyes: feel like a duma$$:pac:

Rave.ef wrote: »
    Man or a Volvo. Wasn't me but few of the lads were below for sea weed alright. Just 're read the post:rolleyes: feel like a duma$$:pac:

She was a Man,name plate in the window,think it said Buck,Well kept truck,passed him on my way to kenmare,some tastey roads

I was in castletownbere once, some trip off the beaten track.cant say I’ll be going back anytime soon.

I know what you mean,some tastey owl roads.Would not fancy driving an artic/ rigid on them.Nice pint of guiness down there though ha

It's not too bad once you take it handy. There's always timber lorries hopping off the road around coppeen.

• Advertisement

There’s a pub? :pac: I ended up in super Valu :o

Plenty of pubs Ye haha they have me in the cot early tonight

It is with some of those "cowboys" could meet the Spaniards during the week too after collecting a load of fish they only touch the road in places. We do the odd load from Baltimore too. It's easy get over the roads tho when you're looking out the window at West cork.

Urban tractor unit. Doubt this will be popular with the tangs

https://twitter.com/Dennis_Eagle/status/990131014969233415

Looks grand to me
    Main thing is it's comfortable and gets you from a to b

What a horrible looking piece of crap. If I was handed it I’d ask for my p45. Trying to mind that front would be impossible.

• Advertisement

What a horrible looking piece of crap. If I was handed it I’d ask for my p45. Trying to mind that front would be impossible.

It's the same cab as a bin wagon l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭westgolf

It's the same cab as a bin wagon l

Bin wagon cab bolted on to the front of a tractor unit. Would have to be issues if it was pulling a fridge or double decker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Brian Daly Transport gone to the wall ?
    One of the suppliers in work was telling us that they had to move all their stock to another warehouse.
    Hopefully not true

• Advertisement
Advertisement