Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trucking general chat - was Forum/Sub-forum proposal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

It is with some of those "cowboys" could meet the Spaniards during the week too after collecting a load of fish they only touch the road in places. We do the odd load from Baltimore too. It's easy get over the roads tho when you're looking out the window at West cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Urban tractor unit. Doubt this will be popular with the tangs

https://twitter.com/Dennis_Eagle/status/990131014969233415

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

neris wrote: »

Looks grand to me
    Main thing is it's comfortable and gets you from a to b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

What a horrible looking piece of crap. If I was handed it I’d ask for my p45. Trying to mind that front would be impossible.

• Advertisement

What a horrible looking piece of crap. If I was handed it I’d ask for my p45. Trying to mind that front would be impossible.

It's the same cab as a bin wagon l

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

It's the same cab as a bin wagon l

Bin wagon cab bolted on to the front of a tractor unit. Would have to be issues if it was pulling a fridge or double decker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Brian Daly Transport gone to the wall ?
    One of the suppliers in work was telling us that they had to move all their stock to another warehouse.
    Hopefully not true

• Advertisement

Always thought they were a big enough business with a decent fleet. Had a nice looking Renault premium

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bren11

Some of his trucks and trailers are out at Wilsons auctions

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bren11

westgolf wrote: »
    Bin wagon cab bolted on to the front of a tractor unit. Would have to be issues if it was pulling a fridge or double decker.

What issues. There seems plenty of room behind cab, or cant 5 wheel be moved. Cab would look tiny in front of a doubledecker tipping at Deals etc.

6X4 tag is a strange spec for urban where Dublin city centre is 4 axles max. So usually 2 +2 axles on a 10 metre fridge or box. Also long front overhang would be a pain for some of the tight yards at the back of some shops. Advantage only 2 steps in and out.

Brian Daly Transport gone to the wall ?
    One of the suppliers in work was telling us that they had to move all their stock to another warehouse.
    Hopefully not true

was just looking at their website earlier, companies not that old and seems to have started out with a few vans. quick expansion over 10 years probably ruined them financially with debt and other financing arrangements with customers and suppliers

Any one here drive for the RSA. Always wondered what happens if they come on an RSA check point. Also would they be exempt under the government rule or is that jus the likes of the local authority ect.

I'm assuming the artics I see the odd time are for those crash simulators. Doubt they're hauling ambient goods around the place.

The rsa trailers are pulled & operated by a 3rd party haulier. The rsa own the trailer. The job of pulling the trailer is tendered out publicly. Same with the trailer operated by bim for training fishermen

The rsa trailers are pulled & operated by a 3rd party haulier. The rsa own the trailer. The job of pulling the trailer is tendered out publicly. Same with the trailer operated by bim for training fishermen

Thought as much but I'd still be curious as to how the lads would be treated at a check point. That being said iv never had an issue with an rsa man. If someone is polite towards me I'll be the same they're only doing a job too.

There are a few horror stories too tho:pac:

You know that's something I never thought about how they handle that. Do they just ignore the people or what.

Bus load of tangs on a stag stopped by rsa would be amazing:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Due a visit in work from the RSA in a couple of weeks, wonder what that will involve ?

Everything. Make sure you have the walk around time on the card. Be careful with breaks. Don't be putting it to bed every time you stop. Use the P.O.A if you like but have other work when you can.

Happened to a crowd down our way last year or the year before and they got in serious s**t over not taking correct breaks. Everything else was on point but lads were on bed when they were filing diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Looks like Gillane Transport, one of the West's finer fleets is no more. Meeting of creditors scheduled for Tuesday 8th. Fine fleet, shame to see it go.

Ya sure you can make it out on the rear crash guard:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

****ing nuisances on the road. Always at the head of every rolling road block on the motorways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Just a quick question lads,have a chance to go driving 8 wheelers
    Any tips for driving them,haven't done tipper work before
    Cheers

Advertisement