Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bangladeshi Trainee Garda and His Sham Marriage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Read my posts Sam, Bangladeshi or other such nationals have no business here unless they are on holidays, working in Hospitals, Pharmacies, big tech firms or the like.
    Working in Spar etc is not the type of Visa we hand out which allows one to progress on to AGS.
    People attempting to access blue collar roles from places outside EU better have a great reason for being here. Married to women from Lithuania or Latvia should mean robust scrutiny immediately. It should not be on RTE news a year later that the chancer got that far as to be in Templemore.

I's still confused here, and I've read your posts, time I'm never getting back.

I asked if it was just immigration and you said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

We seriously have someone here suggesting that someone's nationality should dictate what occupations they can pursue. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum and I've read an awful lot of After Hours.

Bad news you jackeen bar stewards out there, there's no place on the country farms for you city slickers. And if you're from Korea, don't even try getting into journalism because your future remains strictly within mathematics, unless you're an attractive asian-american female of course.

Seriously, have a word with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

If he was trying to get on the social housing list and claim the dole after having a sham marriage people would be up in arms, and rightly so.

However, as he was trying to actually find gainful employment, I'm more inclined to shrug my shoulders at this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

We seriously have someone here suggesting that someone's nationality should dictate what occupations they can pursue. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum and I've read an awful lot of After Hours.

Bad news you jackeen bar stewards out there, there's no place on the country farms for you city slickers. And if you're from Korea, don't even try getting into journalism because your future remains strictly within mathematics, unless an attractive asian-american female of course.

Seriously, have a word with yourself.

He didn't say that in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

bigpink wrote: »
    Look at Limerick it’s a joke all the Non eu people here at present
    In fairness Limerick has always been a joke ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

kneemos wrote: »
    He didn't say that in fairness.

I don't know, it sounded like he was insinuating that by suggesting that someone from Bangladesh should be expected to be working within IT and couldn't possibly have any interest in applying for a job as a garda without some ulterior motive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If he was trying to get on the social housing list and claim the dole after having a sham marriage people would be up in arms, and rightly so.

However, as he was trying to actually find gainful employment, I'm more inclined to shrug my shoulders at this one.

Yes, because even more shady characters on the force is exactly what the Gardai needs. :rollseyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

We seriously have someone here suggesting that someone's nationality should dictate what occupations they can pursue.

That is not my point at all.

I am highlighting the fact that we have people in this country who are clearly blaggards and we are taking soft approaches on it.

There are plenty of Bangladeshis here legally, but they tend to be in Hospitals and other such high skilled jobs as I have pointed out.
    Where we have an eastern asian bloke sending in applications, with history that is not in a high skilled job, plus married to a poor eastern european, then that application should be immediately scrutinised.
    He should not be turning up for training months later in Templemore.
    It is PC ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That is not my point at all.

I am highlighting the fact that we have people in this country who are clearly blaggards and we are taking soft approaches on it.

There are plenty of Bangladeshis here legally, but they tend to be in Hospitals and other such high skilled jobs as I have pointed out.
    Where we have an eastern asian bloke sending in applications, with history that is not in a high skilled job, plus married to a poor eastern european, then that application should be immediately scrutinised.
    He should not be turning up for training months later in Templemore.
    It is PC ****e

So you would think it was fair in, for example the US, that someone with a greencard should have their marriage etc fully investigated by the company who they're applying for a job with.

Or it could be investigated by the INS just once. Like happened here. The guy was found out by our immigration services.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes, because even more shady characters on the force is exactly what the Gardai needs. :rollseyes:

are all bagladeshis who want to join the garda dodgy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

read his post. He said shady. Obviously it's a way of referring to dark skin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

bigpink wrote: »
    Look at Limerick it’s a joke all the Non eu people here at present

FFS like. Do you want to be a bit more specific you racist mongoloid?

I know multi nationals in Limerick that have had to go outside the EU to acquire different skillsets.

As long as the Immigration is controlled its fine. So you still dissing them people?

Mod-Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

No, not just the ones that want to join the gardai, ALL of the ones that don't work in either IT or hospitals apparently...

Also everybody who's married to a Latvian, Lithuanian or Estonian girl...

I'm sure I've missed a few there but that seems to be the general idea

We aren’t talking about all Bangladeshi’s though, are we. We are talking about a fraudster who entered a sham marriage to illegally stay in Ireland, then tried to join the GS on fraudulent grounds.

Would you not call that shady behaviour?

If you had 10 Bangladeshi guys in the queue tomorrow waiting to join AGS, then I would say that yes, 9 or 10 of them would have questionable stories about how they found themselves in a position that they are now joining AGS. Storiesd that likely are deportable offences.
    I am open to suggestions as to what legitimate reasons that more than perhaps one of them would have.

If you had 10 Bangladeshi guys in the queue tomorrow waiting to join AGS, then I would say that yes, 9 or 10 of them would have questionable stories about how they found themselves in a position that they are now joining AGS. Storiesd that likely are deportable offences.
    I am open to suggestions as to what legitimate reasons that more than perhaps one of them would have.

and what are you basing that on? apart from the colour of their skin of course.

and what are you basing that on? apart from the colour of their skin of course.

They are from outside the EU and so as far as I am aware, AGS is not recruiting outside EU and issuing visas for same.

Oh, and I couldn't give two shíts about the colour of their skin. We could be talking about Australians for all I care, we are however discussing the proven fraudster from Bangladesh

We aren’t talking about all Bangladeshi’s though, are we. We are talking about a fraudster who entered a sham marriage to illegally stay in Ireland, then tried to join the GS on fraudulent grounds.

Would you not call that shady behaviour?

well actually that was suggested by the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Would it be any different if 10 Bengali's were waiting in line to work at a hospital?

I'm not sure what the relevance of the position being applied for has.

They are from outside the EU and so as far as I am aware, AGS is not recruiting outside EU and issuing visas for same.

if they are applying for AGS they already have visas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A Bangladeshi married to an east European looks dodgy to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

How about if they have a partner who's working in IT or a hospital...
    Would that be okay?

well actually that was suggested by the OP.

No it wasn’t, in fact the opposite was said in the OP, that Bangladeshis that are here are more likely too highly skilled to be Gardai. Talk about twisting the facts.

No it wasn’t, in fact the opposite was said in the OP, that Bangladeshis that are here are more likely too highly skilled to be Gardai. Talk about twisting the facts.

maybe you read a different OP
    Are the Garda not a bit extra suspicious when bringing these guys for interview that broadly, they are spurious characters who shouldn't really be here in the first place.

maybe you read a different OP

“Bangladeshis who are here legitimately tend to be working as doctors, IT engineers and Pharmacists for example, not call centres and farm hands.”

We call all selectively quote. :rollseyes:

amcalester wrote: »
    Would it be any different if 10 Bengali's were waiting in line to work at a hospital?

I'm not sure what the relevance of the position being applied for has.

If AGS sent for police force workers to Bengali, then no, no issue there.
    If however Bengali lads are trying to enter AGS, then since they are outside if EU, they should be robustly scrutinised as to how they are able to apply with Irish citizenship.
    They may be given the benefit of the doubt for a more generous period, since we do not have a recognised problem with Bengali lads marrying eastern European women for cash.

“Bangladeshis who are here legitimately tend to be working as doctors, IT engineers and Pharmacists for example, not call centres and farm hands.”

We call all selectively quote. :rollseyes:

and anybody who doesn't fit into these groups and applies to AGS is dodgy. Big sweeping brush much?

if they are applying for AGS they already have visas.

Yes, and my point is, how they got the citizenship should be scrutinised immediately. They should not be in training a year later.

wexie wrote: »
    How about if they have a partner who's working in IT or a hospital...
    Would that be okay?

Absolutely. Of course.
    If their partner is from Belarus though, I would probably be asking tougher questions.

• Advertisement

That is a better way of putting it thanks.
    The Bangladeshis that are here, legitimately, are more than likely too highly skilled to be applying to be part of AGS. Of course you may have the odd one.

Advertisement