Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 team draft pay league - €50

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Smug ?

Do you just be acting the dick or are you really one ?

Little from column A, little from B

Let’s not get our panties in a twist at this stage of the season

It’s a real shame that there is so much luck involved with the draft system.

I understand you can play smart and stay involved but even if you had first 3 picks, on draft day, there is nothing stopping all 3 players getting season long injuries.

I like the draft and the idea of owning a player solely but the draft system seems to lack competitiveness and involves too much luck.

It’s not very user friendly either.

When I search for a player using the search function its annoying as.

Forwards only. Available only. Point per game. Then I find a guy and trade him then go back and the search function has reverted. So so fcuking annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It’s a real shame that there is so much luck involved with the draft system.

I understand you can play smart and stay involved but even if you had first 3 picks, on draft day, there is nothing stopping all 3 players getting season long injuries.

I like the draft and the idea of owning a player solely but the draft system seems to lack competitiveness and involves too much luck.

It’s not very user friendly either.

When I search for a player using the search function its annoying as.

Forwards only. Available only. Point per game. Then I find a guy and trade him then go back and the search function has reverted. So so fcuking annoying.

There is as much luck involved with Draft as the main FPL. I.e captains choices, WC and then a couple of injuries, etc etc..

The strategy at the beginning is key and I feel my strategy is beginning to benefit.. I loaded on midfielders, premiumish defenders and City players. As you can see I have no forward line (this is also to do with being 7th pick). But I recall players drafting in 2nd & 3rd strikers when midfield & defence not filled.

There is also the rewards for watching football... I brought Richarlison in after Liverpool game felt he would be a great FPL asset but never stuck to my guns and drafting him out.

There is then the option for loading up on Dycheball, Utd defenders etc...

Plenty of ways to play the game and not as much luck as people think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Chesty08 wrote: »
    There is as much luck involved with Draft as the main FPL. I.e captains choices, WC and then a couple of injuries, etc etc..

The strategy at the beginning is key and I feel my strategy is beginning to benefit.. I loaded on midfielders, premiumish defenders and City players. As you can see I have no forward line (this is also to do with being 7th pick). But I recall players drafting in 2nd & 3rd strikers when midfield & defence not filled.

There is also the rewards for watching football... I brought Richarlison in after Liverpool game felt he would be a great FPL asset but never stuck to my guns and drafting him out.

There is then the option for loading up on Dycheball, Utd defenders etc...

Plenty of ways to play the game and not as much luck as people think.

I didn't bother with defense during the draft picks, I had the thinking that on any week there will be at least 2 - 3 games that will likely have a mid to lower level team that have a good chance of a clean sheet.

I only suffer when all the big teams are home against the bottom half, which is not that often. Aguero , Morata Sane gone cold thou which is hurting me. I'd love the option of being able to swap them with another managers players.

Getting the likes of Sane is complete luck, Salah another, the reverse being Alli and Sanchez, both completely underperforming

Green&Red wrote: »
    Getting the likes of Sane is complete luck, Salah another, the reverse being Alli and Sanchez, both completely underperforming

Ya 100%, I closed my eyes and randomly clicked.

We'll say Ramsey who I have was ranked 34th in mids, hes the 10th highest scorer. Alli 4th and 18th highest
    Theres a large element of luck to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

We'll say Ramsey who I have was ranked 34th in mids, hes the 10th highest scorer. Alli 4th and 18th highest
    Theres a large element of luck to it

Ramsey is an 8 season PL veteran, Alli had one good season behind him. There were plenty of reasons to pick Ramsey over Alli, not all down to luck. The rankings were compiled as a guide, the 'skill' was to look beyond that and comile your own rankings.

Obviously there is luck involved as there is in the main game but there is definitely skill as well, I know if I was doing the draft again I would do things very different, the main thing being to concentrate on the balance of my team as opposed to neglecting the defense and midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Definitely more luck than skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Alli will do well in the end as he's a top player in my opinion, Sanchez always looked like he was not going to live up to his rank if he stayed at Arsenal. Ramsey was showing signs of getting among points at end of last season in new 343 formation.

Man City clicking and winning the league comfortably with Sane, Sterling, KDB etc scoring well was certainly a strong possibility at start of season.

And agree Richardilson was another player who ya could have got based on his first 2 games.

Salah is probably the player mentioned there who has massively exceeded expectations but maybe an avid Seire A fan would tell you differently. I wouldn't have had him as highly ranked as an Alli/Eriksen/Mane as he was going to a new club he was more of risk, on the flip side you could have thought the same about Siggy and avoided a bullet.

Injuries to premium players is one area that could completely screw ya - Pogba, Heaton, Bailly, Alderweiled, Zaha are all good picks who have missed big chunks of the season - a bad combination of premium players like these could seriously hamper your progress.

I do think they will improve the draft over time as they have Mark and co from FFS employed at fpl so they will be getting plenty of feedback about how to improve the game. I do think that for an organistation as big as the Premier League and a game as popular as fpl the website's look and usability has always been pretty sub par.

Salah & Sane pure luck..... not having this one bit! As I said Salah was my 2nd pick.... I was 7th pick in the draft so he was the 10th player picked.... Give me some credit FFS

I guarantee that Sanchez was still on the list too!!!

Complete luck I left him. Good man

10 points for me this week, Sane left

10 points for me this week, Sane left

I haven’t even looked.

More or less lost all interest.

It’s a very boring and flawed game.

Ha. Just checked to see if I still have Gray in my team after that goal against City.

Looks like there’s a glitch in the matrix.

All the players with a DGW have double their actual score currently.

Ha. Just checked to see if I still have Gray in my team after that goal against City.

Looks like there’s a glitch in the matrix.

All the players with a DGW have double their actual score currently.

Seen this. Couldn't believe my score when I first seen it

• Advertisement

Lost Coutinho, my time at the top might be coming to an end - new the risks when I signed him but thought I'd dodged the bullet once the August window closed. Bought both Chamberlain and Lallana this week in hope of filling the Liverpool shaped vacum in my midfield.

Managed to get Everton's new striker Tosun too, hopefully he hits the ground running as that 3rd striker spot is a nightmare to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Managed to get Everton's new striker Tosun too, hopefully he hits the ground running as that 3rd striker spot is a nightmare to fill.

Nice pick, I forgot about him. I brought in PVA and Walcott hoping he'll be joining Tosun at Everton next week.

And there is me bringing in Ayoze Perez & Smalling :)

I wonder could some of the flaws in the game be balanced out in a H2H format ?

I’d have zero interest in partaking again next year but I would consider a H2H.

What would you think of having a 5 player limit that you can hold week to week, everyone else must be redrafted.
    It would balance things out with the lowest always getting the pick of decent players. There would probably be less quality but closer scoring

• Advertisement

What would you think of having a 5 player limit that you can hold week to week, everyone else must be redrafted.
    It would balance things out with the lowest always getting the pick of decent players. There would probably be less quality but closer scoring

Sounds messy if I’m understanding it.

So you’d have to transfer out 10 players every week ?

Also, players drafted out don’t become available until the following week.

Sounds messy if I’m understanding it.

So you’d have to transfer out 10 players every week ?

Also, players drafted out don’t become available until the following week.

It would be messy and would mean delving a lot deeper into the transfer market

It would be messy and would mean delving a lot deeper into the transfer market

I think that would be too interactive.

I reckon a H2H could balance it all out but I’m not experienced enough with FPL to know. It’s jus a guess/hunch.

Busy transfer day for me
    Masuaka, Williams and Martina coming in at the back
    Welbeck and Okazaki up front
    Silva round the middle

Didn’t even realise it was Friday.

Going with 4 City midfielders!! WTF

****ers, ye all realised it was Friday this week

I doubt the leader is too concerned about the guy 233 points behind picking up Aubameyang.

Wonder have any of the other draft leagues gone H2H.

It would be interesting to see their league table and look at some of the overall scores.

Would be interesting to see if someone was 150-200 points behind in the overall score but more competitive in the league.

I doubt H2H would solve the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

My plan all along was to be last going into the January Window.....Welcome Pierre-Emerick!

• Advertisement

So who else is thinking of getting in 11 starters for GW 31, to try and make up some serious ground, even if it means selling current good quality first 11 players ?

So who else is thinking of getting in 11 starters for GW 31, to try and make up some serious ground, even if it means selling current good quality first 11 players ?

I will be going with this plan. I started last GW and sold Kyle Walker FFS!!

I will be going with this plan. I started last GW and sold Kyle Walker FFS!!

Aye but no need to build up a team with us having unlimited transfers. Can do it the week of or maybe the week before 31. I’d be looking at the week of.

I’ve noticed a few guys at the bottom have not made transfers for a bit.

I wonder if will they release their star players back in to the player pool to maybe spice it up a bit (if they have stopped playing of course).

Aye but no need to build up a team with us having unlimited transfers. Can do it the week of or maybe the week before 31. I’d be looking at the week of.

I’ve noticed a few guys at the bottom have not made transfers for a bit.

I wonder if will they release their star players back in to the player pool to maybe spice it up a bit (if they have stopped playing of course).

I’d expect this to happen around the DGW’s, ditching premium players with only 1 game & potentially in Europe... still loads to play for in my book

I’d expect this to happen around the DGW’s, ditching premium players with only 1 game & potentially in Europe... still loads to play for in my book

That’s not exactly what I meant.

I mean if someone has genuinely given up and has stopped playing I’m wonder would they release their star players back into the pool, and replace them with non starters, for others to choose from.

I mean if someone has genuinely given up and has stopped playing I’m wonder would they release their star players back into the pool, and replace them with non starters, for others to choose from.

I'm still playing I'm just not bothering with the waivers lately. You're not getting Mané 😀

I'm still playing I'm just not bothering with the waivers lately. You're not getting Mané :-)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm still playing I'm just not bothering with the waivers lately. You're not getting Mané 😀

Ha.

I did notice a few at the bottom haven’t used the waivers so I was hoping they’d throw a few gems back into the pot.

Got my first LFC player this week with Ox.

Still can’t believe I didn’t get any of the front 4 on draft day.

Ha.

I did notice a few at the bottom haven’t used the waivers so I was hoping they’d throw a few gems back into the pot.

Are you suggesting the people at the bottom sell their premium strikers and midfielders for no other reason than to sabatoge the leaders and to help you get from third into the money places?!

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting the people at the bottom sell their premium strikers and midfielders for no other reason than to sabatoge the leaders and to help you get from third into the money places?!

Ha.

I thought sabotage was a tad strong and then I looked at where you are in the league.

I don’t see anything wrong with people making players available if they are not using them anymore.

I suppose a vantage point can skew an opinion.

I think this is exactly what he is suggesting. I wouldn’t condone this, I still think there is plenty of football to be played and deficits overhauled.

The worst draft team ever

Foster
    Butland

Monreal
    Kolasinac
    Rudiger
    Walker
    Milner

KDB
    Salah
    Sterling
    Mata
    Ayew

Sturridge
    King
    Gayle

It’s a funny old game football.

It’s a funny old game football.

GK, Defenders and forwards contributed feck all.

Salah De Bruyne & Sterling my main lights and a couple nice punts.

The next 3 GW’s will be interesting

Are we ready to pay out on this?

Feels like it’s been over for quite a while now.

Would have very little interest in another draft league next season unless it was a H2H.

I can see it being more competitive in a H2H league but I don’t have lots of info to base that on.

I just looked through a few head to head leagues and I see some people with lower overall scores are still being competitive despite that.

• Advertisement

I actually enjoy the draft leagues but I do agree in that a H2H would be much more competitive/interest. 

I'm happy enough if people want to start paying out now :)

I still haven’t given up on my 2% chance of catching the leader - I do have Harry Kane who’ll need 10+ goals in these last 5 games for golden boot so I won’t give up yet!

I still haven’t given up on my 2% chance of catching the leader - I do have Harry Kane who’ll need 10+ goals in these last 5 games for golden boot so I won’t give up yet!
    No I agree, with all your Utd players and Kane I was very weary of this GW. The first half was beyond anything I could of hoped for, the second is very important as I dont have many double playing players.

Exactly a 100 point lead going into the final 3 GW's.

With all those City players say it could be 200 by the end of the DGW in 37! Im 75 ahead of third but looking over my shoulder - Klopporamas team is full of Spurs and City.

Have to say I like the draft too - it does need improvements but regardless I would play again next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement