Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 team draft pay league - €50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wonder if recent activity in this thread has reminded people free agency is now open.

I think a few didn’t use waiver so they may have forgot.

I've stuck to free agents the last few weeks anyway, waivers fairly pointless at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've stuck to free agents the last few weeks anyway, waivers fairly pointless at the top

Well thats just a nonsense statement, the free agents are the dreggs left after everyone else has picked up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd choices. You might have missed out on the first 20 players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Somebody please shoot Christian Benteke and put him and me out of his misery.

Dearg81 wrote: »

I dodged a bullet there.

What happened to the guy that used to destroy teams.

What happened to the guy that used to destroy teams.

He's definitely lost his confidence. I'm surprised he even started after he stole and missed that penalty. I suppose Palace have no other options upfront so he's safe enough for 2 points for me.

• Advertisement

Looking like a big 64 points this week. Okazaki is my new hero

Green&Red wrote:

Great pick. I didn't even consider him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Green&Red wrote: »

Think il finish on 65... Aurier my hero !!

62, not all that great after all!
    Ground made up on the leader by all though

62, not all that great after all!
    Ground made up on the leader by all though

Yeah gap down to 16 now for me.

Only 3 weeks ago 70 points behind and people thought it was over. Still a long way to go

• Advertisement

Game on alright, some very high scores in our league this week compared to the template teams in real fantasy....

Leader still able to amass 42 with Morata and Sane on his bench. Impressive.

I’ll not be looking to do any transfers now barring injury or players losing first team football.

Happy enough with my squad of 15 for the first time this season.

Leader still able to amass 42 with Morata and Sane on his bench. Impressive.

I’ll not be looking to do any transfers now barring injury or players losing first team football.

Happy enough with my squad of 15 for the first time this season.

You take a step back and this is where you fall

So backing Everton and their cleansheetiness this weekend, three at the back
    Strikers are really hard to come by. Solanke seems to be replacing Sturridge as a rotation possibility so I've brought him in. Holding onto Okazaki
    Allen, meh, Dacoure, meh

So serious jammy c**ts this week with big points coming off the bench

Really need Everton to keep things out tonite

8 on mine that i won't be getting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Hope your not referring to your new leader - have Lingard coming in on mine but he was essentially starting as I had left Pogba in my first 11 just for aesthetics.

Hope your not referring to your new leader - have Lingard coming in on mine but he was essentially starting as I had left Pogba in my first 11 just for aesthetics.

He might be referring to me (although not sure he bothered looking all the way down the table to my team).
    Dearg81 wrote: »

I benched him and Benteke responded with 11 points - he must read boards!

436527.jpeg

Theres a few of ye. Klopp has 7 to come in although he does have -3 from two of his strikers - LOL
    I wonder will he be quiet as smug about keeping his squad to the end of the season now?

Theres a few of ye. Klopp has 7 to come in although he does have -3 from two of his strikers - LOL
    I wonder will he be quiet as smug about keeping his squad to the end of the season now?

Smug ?

Do you just be acting the dick or are you really one ?

• Advertisement

Smug ?

Do you just be acting the dick or are you really one ?

Little from column A, little from B

Let’s not get our panties in a twist at this stage of the season

It’s a real shame that there is so much luck involved with the draft system.

I understand you can play smart and stay involved but even if you had first 3 picks, on draft day, there is nothing stopping all 3 players getting season long injuries.

I like the draft and the idea of owning a player solely but the draft system seems to lack competitiveness and involves too much luck.

It’s not very user friendly either.

When I search for a player using the search function its annoying as.

Forwards only. Available only. Point per game. Then I find a guy and trade him then go back and the search function has reverted. So so fcuking annoying.

It’s a real shame that there is so much luck involved with the draft system.

I understand you can play smart and stay involved but even if you had first 3 picks, on draft day, there is nothing stopping all 3 players getting season long injuries.

I like the draft and the idea of owning a player solely but the draft system seems to lack competitiveness and involves too much luck.

It’s not very user friendly either.

When I search for a player using the search function its annoying as.

Forwards only. Available only. Point per game. Then I find a guy and trade him then go back and the search function has reverted. So so fcuking annoying.

There is as much luck involved with Draft as the main FPL. I.e captains choices, WC and then a couple of injuries, etc etc..

The strategy at the beginning is key and I feel my strategy is beginning to benefit.. I loaded on midfielders, premiumish defenders and City players. As you can see I have no forward line (this is also to do with being 7th pick). But I recall players drafting in 2nd & 3rd strikers when midfield & defence not filled.

There is also the rewards for watching football... I brought Richarlison in after Liverpool game felt he would be a great FPL asset but never stuck to my guns and drafting him out.

There is then the option for loading up on Dycheball, Utd defenders etc...

Plenty of ways to play the game and not as much luck as people think.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    There is as much luck involved with Draft as the main FPL. I.e captains choices, WC and then a couple of injuries, etc etc..

The strategy at the beginning is key and I feel my strategy is beginning to benefit.. I loaded on midfielders, premiumish defenders and City players. As you can see I have no forward line (this is also to do with being 7th pick). But I recall players drafting in 2nd & 3rd strikers when midfield & defence not filled.

There is also the rewards for watching football... I brought Richarlison in after Liverpool game felt he would be a great FPL asset but never stuck to my guns and drafting him out.

There is then the option for loading up on Dycheball, Utd defenders etc...

Plenty of ways to play the game and not as much luck as people think.

I didn't bother with defense during the draft picks, I had the thinking that on any week there will be at least 2 - 3 games that will likely have a mid to lower level team that have a good chance of a clean sheet.

I only suffer when all the big teams are home against the bottom half, which is not that often. Aguero , Morata Sane gone cold thou which is hurting me. I'd love the option of being able to swap them with another managers players.

Getting the likes of Sane is complete luck, Salah another, the reverse being Alli and Sanchez, both completely underperforming

Getting the likes of Sane is complete luck, Salah another, the reverse being Alli and Sanchez, both completely underperforming

Ya 100%, I closed my eyes and randomly clicked.

We'll say Ramsey who I have was ranked 34th in mids, hes the 10th highest scorer. Alli 4th and 18th highest
    Theres a large element of luck to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

We'll say Ramsey who I have was ranked 34th in mids, hes the 10th highest scorer. Alli 4th and 18th highest
    Theres a large element of luck to it

Ramsey is an 8 season PL veteran, Alli had one good season behind him. There were plenty of reasons to pick Ramsey over Alli, not all down to luck. The rankings were compiled as a guide, the 'skill' was to look beyond that and comile your own rankings.

Obviously there is luck involved as there is in the main game but there is definitely skill as well, I know if I was doing the draft again I would do things very different, the main thing being to concentrate on the balance of my team as opposed to neglecting the defense and midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Definitely more luck than skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Alli will do well in the end as he's a top player in my opinion, Sanchez always looked like he was not going to live up to his rank if he stayed at Arsenal. Ramsey was showing signs of getting among points at end of last season in new 343 formation.

Man City clicking and winning the league comfortably with Sane, Sterling, KDB etc scoring well was certainly a strong possibility at start of season.

And agree Richardilson was another player who ya could have got based on his first 2 games.

Salah is probably the player mentioned there who has massively exceeded expectations but maybe an avid Seire A fan would tell you differently. I wouldn't have had him as highly ranked as an Alli/Eriksen/Mane as he was going to a new club he was more of risk, on the flip side you could have thought the same about Siggy and avoided a bullet.

Injuries to premium players is one area that could completely screw ya - Pogba, Heaton, Bailly, Alderweiled, Zaha are all good picks who have missed big chunks of the season - a bad combination of premium players like these could seriously hamper your progress.

I do think they will improve the draft over time as they have Mark and co from FFS employed at fpl so they will be getting plenty of feedback about how to improve the game. I do think that for an organistation as big as the Premier League and a game as popular as fpl the website's look and usability has always been pretty sub par.

Advertisement