Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

I see an Open Day in Druids Glen this Friday.
    Singles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SolarStoned

My friend and I wish to play the audi hole in one mixed fourball competition in druids glen anytime during july, if 2 ladies out there would like to join us. more info @ the brs site linked below. I play off 13 and my friend plays off 7
    https://www.brsgolf.com/druidsglen/opens_home.php

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

moved Druids Glen Mixed 4 ball request to here, you might have better luck finding players here.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Is it definitely compulsory for ladies to be on the team? Does it specify that somewhere? I would have thought any combination? 4 men, 4 ladies, 3 men 1 lady etc etc.

• Advertisement

I think thats why its called mixed. I'm not 100% on how the setup goes...ie 3 men 1 lady? im not sure. i thought it was 2 men 2 women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Does anyone know if Tinhalla golf is still open in Carrick on Suir? Looking for a game in the morning with the FIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Quahog217

Anyone interested in playing in munster tomorrow in open singles? Lee valley bunclody mount wollsley all open along with many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

If anyone is interested in putting in a team for our Annual Classic we'd be delighted. Chance to win a Renault Clio included in the entry fee.

Booking available here - https://www.brsgolf.com/moate/opens_home.php

20476326_1642722232428499_3813951768261770423_n.jpg?oh=7248f9a88d8ab25d7635de47928af98f&oe=5A358101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Wicklow Golf Club have just opened up the timesheet for their 1-2-3 Showcase Day. Only €1 to play. Great prizes on the day 1-6, gross, longest drive and nearest the pin as well as extra prizes for visitors. Book on BRS https://www.brsgolf.com/wicklow/opens_day.php

426830.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Anyone around for a game tomorrow 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dar_cool wrote: »
    Anyone around for a game tomorrow ��������

I would :D

Played after a Cat 5 once - long story.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sneeky1986

Any1 around meath louth area fancy a game tommorw? Think weather due to calm to approx 20kmph winds

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Any decent opens worth playing around Dublin and the surrounding area at the beginning of November? Have a week off work and would like to take in a few new courses

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

There's a 4ball open in the European club every Thursday, anyone interested for some Thursday before Christmas?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Anyone interested in round in Mount Juliet next Friday around 12 in the winter series open comp, I have an additional free pass. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

At a bit of a loose end golf wise this week. Anyone up for a game in the Midlands or Dublin area on 28th or 29th? Plenty of opens on.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Grey Fox

Anyone interested in a few friendly/casual rounds in the Portlaoise area as the weather gets better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Grey Fox wrote:
    Anyone interested in a few friendly/casual rounds in the Portlaoise area as the weather gets better?

Yes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

GUI open at Ballyliffin Glashedy, next Friday 16th March. €30 for Irish Open venue.

I'm up that way for paddy's w/end, if anyone fancies it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

If any of you are interested in playing some €1 golf over the May Bank Holiday Weekend...

448530.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hickoryhack

I've got involved in organinising some soc outings around Dublin & Nth Wicklow. Mostly senior people & play Mondays. Tee off from c. 12 noon to 2 p.m. depending on course booking. In past few years have played Royal Dublin, St. Annes, Malahide, Roganstown, Edmondstown, Woodbrook, Old Conna, Luttrellstown, Charlesland, Arklow.
    Once a month between March/April to Sept or Oct. Seeking new members.
    Very relaxed. Use GUI handicap if held. Otherwise a soc h/c will be allocated.
    We try to have a mix of Northside, Southside, & Nth Wicklow outings.
    Anyone interested and available on Mondays please contact me here or PM?
    2018 DATES: May 14, June 11, Aug. 27, Sept. 17, Oct. 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Castlewarden Open Week Fixtures
    • Saturday 16th June - 3 Person Champagne Scramble
    • Sunday 17th June - Junior, Intermediate & Minor Scratch Cup
    • Monday 18th June - Open Singles
    • Tuesday 19th June - Open 3 Person Team (2 to score)
    • Wednesday 20th June - Open Singles (Mens)
    • Thursday 21st June - Open Singles (Ladies) / 3 Lady Team
    • Friday 22nd June - Open 4 Person Team (2 to Score)
    • Saturday 23rd June - Open Singles
    • Sunday 24th June - Open 4 Person scramble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Anyone around limerick area Saturday lunch time for a round ?

Anyone interested in playing Moate on Thursday late afternoon? Had a look at online time sheet and its fairly empty.

^ Course is in good nick Charlie - understandably a bit brown on fairways and rough - but the greens are good. There will be a few knocking about in the afternoon although timesheet doesn't always reflect that as unfortunately despite requests that they should use it some members just won't bother with the timesheet on Thursday. They just turn up and form an orderly queue if there are others ahead of them. I rarely get to play Thursdays but as it happens this week I might get out myself though it will probably be after 5.30

I hope you enjoy it if you go.

^ Course is in good nick Charlie - understandably a bit brown on fairways and rough - but the greens are good. There will be a few knocking about in the afternoon although timesheet doesn't always reflect that as unfortunately despite requests that they should use it some members just won't bother with the timesheet on Thursday. They just turn up and form an orderly queue if there are others ahead of them. I rarely get to play Thursdays but as it happens this week I might get out myself though it will probably be after 5.30

I hope you enjoy it if you go.

Thanks for that. Still haven't found a playing partner yet so if you're heading out give me a shout, it could be 5:30 by the time i get there now.

What's the last tee time for entering the open singles?

I don't know guys, in the middle of the fine weather and two courses I've rang today to try get an open in have no afternoon bookings, all free. (Am on my own and looking to hop in on a line with someone)

What's up? Is there nobody out enjoying the dry weather golf?

^ I heard you got out in Moate. How did you get on?

I wasn't there until 6 and I didn't even have the clubs with me but will try and join you another time.

• Advertisement

^ I heard you got out in Moate. How did you get on?

I wasn't there until 6 and I didn't even have the clubs with me but will try and join you another time.

Got on great thanks, hopped in with a 3 ball that were playing at 6 thanks to the very helpful lad in the pro shop ;) He rang the lads that were booked in to see were they playing the 18 and was it ok to go out with them. Very friendly bunch of lads.
    Love the changes to the course, looks and plays a lot better since I was a member there. Sad to see some of the mature trees that were lost to the storm but the first is a much easier drive now!!

I played ok but some really silly scratches ruined my card. Like everywhere else, the course is rock hard so some bounces went into trouble and cost me to get out. I hit the slope at the left hand side of the 4th and the ball bounced down into the ditch and settled in between a few rocks! On the 6th hit a peach of a drive but got a massive bounce left and into the bushes, found the ball and had to hit backwards to get out. Same on the 15th, massive bounce to the right and into the water!! Course is in super condition considering the weather and the greens were fantastic……….. and fast!!

Won’t leave it as long to visit again.

Advertisement