Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halawa complaining about Late Late

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

I'd be sad too if I had to face the wailing sisters daily.
    should that not be every minute of every day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

kbannon wrote: »
    Which party is aligned closely to Muslim Brotherhood?

Based on those who made the most noise on his behalf, it would appear to be the shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Interesting & worthwhile debating issues,raised by Kevin Sharkey,a gent with,argueably far more intimate knowledge of abuse & torture right here in Ireland,than the Hawala's ever experienced on their Egyptian holiday ?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ireland-is-being-repopulated-and-it-doesnt-seem-to-matter-to-the-powers-that-be-who-is-coming-kevin-sharkey-calls-for-open-dialogue-on-immigration-36763433.html

This might result in a right old ding-dong,if Sharkey gets a nomination and the current incumbent decides to run again ???

I've heard Sharkey interviewed of late, he appears to have zero knowledge of what the role of the president entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Surpirsed that he is complaining about the Tubridy interview because he got off lightly! Now the Nial
    Boylan proper interview on the other hand :D
    http://www.theniallboylanshow.com/podcasts/ibrahim-halawa-boylan-4fm-podcast-prison-catholic-islam-egypt-religion-politics/

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

deco nate wrote: »
    The sister's are still suing the state, Yea the same state that bent over backwards to get him out.

All because the state has doubts about their arranged marriages and won't let their "husband's"
    In quick enough.

They really are a lovely family...never happy

Are the "husbands" Muslim Brotherhood as well? Last thing we need are more Islamic fascists getting free passes into the country.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭emeraldwinter

quintana76 wrote: »
    Are the "husbands" Muslim Brotherhood as well? Last thing we need are more Islamic fascists getting free passes into the country.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/ibrahim-halawas-sisters-sue-minister-for-justice-over-delay-in-husbands-visas-790743.html

Both men are Egyptian nationals currently residing in Turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

They really are a lovely family...never happy

Whinging, moaning and blaming the government for everything? Never heard of anything more Irish.
    Open to correction but did they not arrive after the laws on citizenship had changed. E.G being born here to none Irish parents.

Don't think so. All I know is that he was born in Dublin, is an Irish citizen and he definitely has an Irish passport. He was issued a new one just before he was released last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Berserker wrote: »
    Whinging, moaning and blaming the government for everything? Never heard of anything more Irish.
    Do you believe that the sisters fell in love at first sight, or were they arranged marriages?

Tell me how many Irish sue the state over there husbands not being allowed in the state quick enough, never happy is right with this family.

Berserker wrote: »

Don't think so. All I know is that he was born in Dublin, is an Irish citizen and he definitely has an Irish passport. He was issued a new one just before he was released last year.

Yes but I have asked and can be corrected. But did they not arrive after citizenship was changed. And got Irish passports from asylum ?

Yes but I have asked and can be corrected. But did they not arrive after citizenship was changed. And got Irish passports from asylum ?

He was born after they arrived over here. I'm not sure,But didn't familys get citizenship if a baby was born over here. But that law was changed.

I'm sure someone will come along and point out I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

He was born after they arrived over here. I'm not sure,But didn't familys get citizenship if a baby was born over here. But that law was changed.

I'm sure someone will come along and point out I'm wrong.

The law was changed to none Irish parents not getting citizenship from having a baby after coming over on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭emo72

I've heard Sharkey interviewed of late, he appears to have zero knowledge of what the role of the president entails.

im sure most of the population wouldnt be au fait with all the presidency entails. but anyone who got elected would have state appointed advisors. he'll be grand. if people start putting the boot into him at this early stage, it would make me sceptical of their (boot kicking) motives.

The law was changed to none Irish parents not getting citizenship from having a baby after coming over on a plane.

Yes, that was I was alluding to. The law was changed because of the amount of pregnant women flying in to get citizenship.

But I'm not sure if they got here before the law changed, I think they did. Open to correction

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Tubbs was very easy on him, as he tends to be. Halawa did himself no favours with that nonsense story about his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Oddly enough,that might not be an altogether bad thing.

I would suggest,that most Irish Adults,would have a degree of difficulty reciting the Role of an tUachtarain in modern Ireland.

It actually IS a serious role Constitutionally,but the sitting tenants in Dail Eireann have,over the decades,made sure the corset strings are pulled nicely taut,making a break for the hills a very difficult thing altogether.

Yep,the more I think about it,the better an attribute that "Zero-Knowledge" might just be....definitely a maybe from me,in an early Opinion Poll :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The media created the ****storm well before he was released from prison. If they had have just reported the story in a balanced manner and pulled the sisters up on their BS early on, he wouldn't have had the massive fall from grace.

My memory of the reaction from the late late show was that people who were not following the story as closely as others over the years were just dumbfounded by the stupidity of the story they created. When that happened and the likes of the Journal realised they pinned all their hopes on another fraudulent poster boy, they just abandoned him.

Now the Halawa Boy is seen as a joke figure. The chap will struggle to get a regular career job because of the Bull**** created by his sister's and the media (Especially the Journal). I still get the lolz about that Paper Mache, Tricolour that they claimed he made in Prison and smuggled out. They thought the Irish people were stupid because the remedial "journalists" were lapping it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Now the Halawa Boy is seen as a joke figure. The chap will struggle to get a regular career job because of the Bull**** created by his sister's and the media (Especially the Journal). I still get the lolz about that Paper Mache, Tricolour that they claimed he made in Prison and smuggled out. They thought the Irish people were stupid because the remedial "journalists" were lapping it up.

Unfortunately for the Halawa clan Irish people can see through a load of of bollix when it's presented to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

prinzeugen wrote: »

That link is not working

That link is not working

I know.. And you get buttered fluffy floors. Buttered toast and cats!

• Advertisement

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I know.. And you get buttered fluffy floors. Buttered toast and cats!

Wtf, If it's your take on an April fools joke. You are way too late....

Why derail the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I still get the lolz about that Paper Mache, Tricolour that they claimed he made in Prison and smuggled out.

Naw, I think the best B.S. fail was the series of smuggled out letters. Especially the one that was dated the same date as it appeared in the media and there wasn't the slightest crease on the page.

Indo - Halawa writes letter home

ibrahim-halawa-letter.jpg

Wtf, If it's your take on an April fools joke. You are way too late....

Why derail the thread?

You have in the guff at the bottom of every post, a thing about cats and toast.

Not derailing.. Just something that happened in the last hour with buttered toast and a cat

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Naw, I think the best B.S. fail was the series of smuggled out letters. Especially the one that was dated the same date as it appeared in the media and there wasn't the slightest crease on the page.

snip

Why is the year written with a gap and in a different colour ? Like you could stick 50 in there no problem. do they also teach right to left in trinity ?

K.Flyer wrote: »

ibrahim-halawa-letter.jpg

The best thing about that was the duvet, in a prison!
    Yea but no!! Never happened outside one of his sisters writing it. *don't post, but it was when he was in the vip prison *cos you will be torn apart

• Registered Users Posts: 45,274 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

An artists sketch of Ibrahim in letter writing mode

566px-Quill_%28PSF%29.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The best thing about that was the duvet, in a prison!
    Yea but no!! Never happened outside one of his sisters writing it. *don't post, but it was when he was in the vip prison *cos you will be torn apart

He no more wrote that than I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,708 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I doubt Miriam would be any better, but yet her name keeps coming up as a serious candidate as well... and yet people scoff at the Americans for electing a wealthy TV personality!

I don't know that much about him in truth, but Sharkey at least seems to be trying to start a discussion on the whole immigration issue, which is probably why he'll be shut down early.. The narrative that immigration is only a positive thing for Ireland MUST be maintained! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Bob Harris wrote: »
    He no more wrote that than I did.

Looking at the letter, I'm getting a greater understanding on why he wants to go back to his Egyptian jail.

With access to both blue and red pens, the place is probably a good place to start writing his book ....... which actually might do well in the fiction section of the bookshop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

quintana76 wrote: »

But...but...Ibrahim et al arent in the Muslim brotherhood...
    He only went out that night to catch a movie...

Advertisement