Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Providence Resources

• 24-12-2013 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Any view on Providence resources? Share prices have dropped significantly lately. Is it good thing to invest in this company? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

There is another thread already. Call a broker if you want someone to tell you whether to invest or not, or even better go off and do some research yourself. There is obviously a reason for the share price dropping so much and in this instance I think it is that the management team have a poor track record. If investing were as easy as investing in every share where a price drops off a cliff we could all be a Gordon Gekko.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 venividi

cais wrote: »
    Any view on Providence resources? Share prices have dropped significantly lately. Is it good thing to invest in this company? Cheers

Check out iii pvr discussion forum. Confidence is waning on barryroe farm out. Hasn't done well for me. More of a gamble than investment. Lots of upside and lots of downside. Personally won't be buying any more

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Nice little wiggle there last week. Read online forums that seem to think/know there'll be announcements in next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Providence is definitely not something that should be allowed in an investment market-Its not an investment, it's a total gamble. So liitle capital that a pump and dump is more likely than an upside for any reason to do with the well being of the company/stock.
    any news that i Have ever seen has been released by directors/shareholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Nice update this morning. Bought some at 9p, hopefully double up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Nice update this morning. Bought some at 9p, hopefully double up.

Well done, you are up 25%, SELL quickly

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Degiro been stuck on 0.00% change for the last 10 days or so - not showing anything on my portfolio after the announcement...

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Up 20% after being up 50% at open, all it takes is 10k to make a massive impact on share price.
    A weeks wages would be enough to raise that stock 10% - classic pump and dump stock.- imo. :-D

Up 20% after being up 50% at open, all it takes is 10k to make a massive impact on share price.
    A weeks wages would be enough to raise that stock 10% - classic pump and dump stock.- imo. :-D

Would be interesting to see who the seller(s) was/were this morning at 13p and when they bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Providence is an absolute hoot to invest in. You can make 15-20% in a couple of days if you get lucky ....and likewise lose it.

Its an absolute gamble, even though they have valuable exploration licenses, the company Mgmt are proven to be reckless and the future price for oil is unclear too, so pick your numbers, get in and get out, I wouldn't be buying for the 'long haul' though.

• Advertisement

Providence is an absolute hoot to invest in. You can make 15-20% in a couple of days if you get lucky ....and likewise lose it.

Its an absolute gamble, even though they have valuable exploration licenses, the company Mgmt are proven to be reckless and the future price for oil is unclear too, so pick your numbers, get in and get out, I wouldn't be buying for the 'long haul' though.

Even if the price of oil was skyrocketing, this stock would not follow suit, the company owns nothing of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

They have some Chinese crowd in drilling one off their fields of cork and the Chinese are providing the equipment

Degiro been stuck on 0.00% change for the last 10 days or so - not showing anything on my portfolio after the announcement...

Now it's shot up - DeGiro has a 24hr delay on it it seems.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/194261/providence-resources-set-for-value-catalysts-asbarryroe-breakthrough-has-fired-starting-pistol-on-a-busy-period-194261.html

Further, less costly and hence less risky drills ahead off West Coast. Analysts in UK putting target of 33p on its London listed shares - currently about 12 cent in Dublin.

?? Link clearly says it's the same.

?? Link clearly says it's the same.

I would prefer to see a recommendation from a broker with no skin in the game.

Looks like tony is back from China with a spring in his step. Two articles in the sindo, drilling in 2019 at barryroe and also interest in newgrange. Ramping it up hopefully.

Looks like tony is back from China with a spring in his step. Two articles in the sindo, drilling in 2019 at barryroe and also interest in newgrange. Ramping it up hopefully.

I just threw another €200 at them ta f*ck

I just threw another €200 at them ta f*ck

I hope I don't sound condescending, but what kind of an investment is e200? and to put it into something with the history of providence, where Tony is the only one to ever say anything about the company-good or bad.

• Advertisement

I hope I don't sound condescending, but what kind of an investment is e200? and to put it into something with the history of providence, where Tony is the only one to ever say anything about the company-good or bad.

You do sound condescending but then again that's the 5th or so negative post you've made about PR on this thread. And to answer your question €200 was 1500 shares that I think might double or better by this time next year if newgrange and barryroe work out which is nigh on infinity better than returns in a bank.

You do sound condescending but then again that's the 5th or so negative post you've made about PR on this thread. And to answer your question €200 was 1500 shares that I think might double or better by this time next year if newgrange and barryroe work out which is nigh on infinity better than returns in a bank.

I’m sorry, I guess I’m a believer in investing, I’ve been in stocks for over 15 years, I’ve made great returns, way way better than the market average, but I’ve been investing in blue chip companies when I started, then I would start taking on riskier stocks, but ones that had a track record or director or product that I believed would make a profit. I would normally no look at the price of share or the company which I could get most shares of.

To each their own, but by the time expenses etc are taken into account, you are not let with a lot.
    I would buy prize bonds until I had €2500+, then I would have my research done and buy a solid company.

PR is ultimately a penny stock.

I’m sorry, I guess I’m a believer in investing, I’ve been in stocks for over 15 years, I’ve made great returns, way way better than the market average, but I’ve been investing in blue chip companies when I started, then I would start taking on riskier stocks, but ones that had a track record or director or product that I believed would make a profit. I would normally no look at the price of share or the company which I could get most shares of.

To each their own, but by the time expenses etc are taken into account, you are not let with a lot.
    I would buy prize bonds until I had €2500+, then I would have my research done and buy a solid company.

Lovely. Thanks bud

Goldman Sachs just bought 5% of the shares...

Its up from 4.01%, i wonder how much do pi's own now?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

I am embarrassed for you with that post. It's just morto. If you are so good at investing and clearly so knowledgeable, I assume you are posting from your yacth in the Caribbean?

Can I ask why I should be embarrassed with that post?

Can you please point out a self educated investor, that has yachts etc? Lets put it this way, I don't have to work, I go on 3-4 foreign holidays a year, I have a hobby that costs about 8-10k a year, I have multiple properties that are mortgage free. I have 2 cars.

In the last 8 months, I have doubled my money from investing.

But if you can find any reputable, successful investor or trading pattern, that suggests you can make a steady income by investing in penny stocks-I will apologise and be mortified. ;)

If you can't see why you should be embarrassed about that post after reading it then me explaining it won't help. Keep up the good work Warren!

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    If you can't see why you should be embarrassed about that post after reading it then me explaining it won't help. Keep up the good work Warren!

Thanks, good luck with your long term hodl/penny stocks etc, in the meantime, I have rent to collect and dividends, oh, one of my blue chip stocks made 4% today, I'll do the math for you, that's 8% of my initial investment. ;)

.......but what do I know, I am obviously not as knowledgable as you :rolleyes:

I'll hit you up for advice - on what not to do- since you have trouble explaining even what comes out of your mouth, not to mind what's going on in your head ;)

P R up 40% since I got in ha ha

• Advertisement

Thanks, good luck with your long term hodl/penny stocks etc, in the meantime, I have rent to collect and dividends, oh, one of my blue chip stocks made 4% today, I'll do the math for you, that's 8% of my initial investment. ;)

.......but what do I know, I am obviously not as knowledgable as you :rolleyes:

I'll hit you up for advice - on what not to do- since you have trouble explaining even what comes out of your mouth, not to mind what's going on in your head ;)

Another weird response on a number of fronts such as
    1) I never said I have a share holding in Pro.
    2) not that my portfolio is any of your business but I currently only have a small shareholding in one penny stock, not pro and its purely speculative.
    3) you go around collecting rent? Weird given your such a high flyer, I would have thought you go the normal standing order route as opposed to door to door collecting but each to their own.
    4) you sell that blue chip then? Or you just oddly bragging about a standard day to day movement. No gain or loss realised until you sell but once again an equities whiz like yourself is fully aware of that so the weird brag about 4% gain doesn't tie in.
    5) not too sure what that math is showing? You sure your calculator is working?
    6) good luck with the online rich man persona, may it bring you endless hours of enjoyment.

That's me done anyways. All the best

Advertisement