Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Patrol - May Irish Tour

• 21-03-2018 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭

Thought these guys were bigger than this

Snow Patrol – Wilderness Tour: May, 2018. Tickets go on sale Friday 30th March at 10am from Ticketmaster.

Derry – Millennium Forum 11th May

Cork – Opera House 12th May

Killarney – INEC 14th May

Dublin – Olympia 15th May

Wexford – Opera House 16th May

Galway – Leisureland 18th May

Belfast – Ulster Hall 20th May

Tickets on sale Friday 30th March at 10am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Strange, they're off the scene a good whlie, but I'll definitely make an attempt to get to the Olympia gig. Trying to suss out if there's a pre-sale mailing list, but seems like you've to buy the physical album.

I remember being right up for the front for this and it'll always stay with me..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AlSnTcet4U

Granted I was a fair bit younger, it was a cracking experience.

"Pre-order* any format of WILDNESS from the official store by 5pm GMT on Tuesday 27th March for the chance to purchase exclusive first access tickets to their Irish and London shows in April and May.
    Pre-sale tickets will be available Thursday 29th March.

Please note that access to an exclusive pre-sale will not guarantee tickets.

*No purchase necessary. <- how does that work?
    Terms & conditions apply. Click Here for details"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Shlippery wrote: »
    Strange, they're off the scene a good whlie, but I'll definitely make an attempt to get to the Olympia gig. Trying to suss out if there's a pre-sale mailing list, but seems like you've to buy the physical album.

I remember being right up for the front for this and it'll always stay with me..

"Pre-order* any format of WILDNESS from the official store by 5pm GMT on Tuesday 27th March for the chance to purchase exclusive first access tickets to their Irish and London shows in April and May.

When i moved to Ireland i worked Security for 6 months at The Point and for Marlay Park gigs, SnowPatrol was one of them.
    Was put on the managers office/band production door and told not to let anyone in without an AAA pass, no bother i said.
    Some guy comes up and starts to walk in, refused him, said he needed an AAA pass, told me he needed to get in there, said not a hope without pass, so he wanders off, was only the singer of SnowPatrol :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 llarrocnairda

I was surprised that they're playing intimate shows (moreso that they're not playing the Milk Market/King Johns in Limerick), though it's more that band want to play the smaller shows first and test the waters for new material, and do the 3Arena/SSE and INEC shows at the end of the year. Tickets for the tour will fly out the door though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got a bloody wedding the night they start the tour in Derry.
    I hate weddings.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I was surprised that they're playing intimate shows (moreso that they're not playing the Milk Market/King Johns in Limerick), though it's more that band want to play the smaller shows first and test the waters for new material, and do the 3Arena/SSE and INEC shows at the end of the year. Tickets for the tour will fly out the door though.

Yea lots of bands do this when the new album comes out before coming back for the big shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would expect them to be rusty enough on this tour, been a while since they played live isn't it?

They'll use this tour to fine tune and see which songs are crowd pleasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Playing the Opera House in Cork on a Saturday night ,nice one lads .
    The Opera House has had some stellar acts in the last year .

7 years since the last album ,its been a long wait but looking forward to the new album ,the new single Don't Give In is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shane.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I would expect them to be rusty enough on this tour, been a while since they played live isn't it?

They'll use this tour to fine tune and see which songs are crowd pleasers.

Im sure they do a little bit of practice beforehand! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Remember been there to see them there aswel that year....Played to the crowd very well, Defiantly love to see them again because i haven't seen them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

This will sell out in seconds. E13 for a CD I'll never listen to is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I'm always whinging about ticket prices and again there fairly saucy for this - around €60

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

but1er wrote: »
    This will sell out in seconds. E13 for a CD I'll never listen to is worth it.
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

marvin80 wrote: »
    I'm always whinging about ticket prices and again there fairly saucy for this - around €60

I'm surprised the prices are up so early .
    67-72 euro inc fees ,that's a bit saucy allright.

Is the fact that they are doing a tour of Ireland and only 1 gig in the US and the UK a sign of lack of belief in the new album I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm surprised the prices are up so early .
    67-72 euro inc fees ,that's a bit saucy allright.

Is the fact that they are doing a tour of Ireland and only 1 gig in the US and the UK a sign of lack of belief in the new album I wonder ?

They are already confirmed for loads of festivals across Europe this summer:

BBC The Biggest Weekend - 27 May 2018

Rock am Ring Germany - 2 June 2018

Rock in Park Germany - 3 June 2018

Megaland (Holland) - 15 June 2018

Rock Werchter - 6 July 2018

NOS Alive - 12 July 2018

MadCool Madrid - 13 July 2018

They will be back to play 2 nights at least in the 3Arena late this year/early next year along with a couple of nights at the SSE in Belfast. They'll do the various arenas around Europe aswell.

This tour is an album test tour and will help in getting setlists confirmed for the festivals in the summer.

Kasabian released 48:13 in May 2014 and played the Opera House in Cork the same month. This was a few weeks before headlining Glastonbury and doing the summer festival circuit. They also played the Olympia last April before coming back to the 3Arena in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

This tour is an album test tour and will help in getting setlists confirmed for the festivals in the summer.

Kasabian released 48:13 in May 2014 and played the Opera House in Cork the same month. This was a few weeks before headlining Glastonbury and doing the summer festival circuit. They also played the Olympia last April before coming back to the 3Arena in November.

Just did a quick google and Kasabian tickets for those small gigs were €35 or so - just think the Snow Patrol ones are quite pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

marvin80 wrote: »
    Just did a quick google and Kasabian tickets for those small gigs were €35 or so - just think the Snow Patrol ones are quite pricey.

Agree with you on the ticket price but unfortunately, prices have been climbing steadily in recent years. I went to Aslan a few weeks ago at the Opera House and tickets were €32 so Snow Patrol can easily get away with it.

The last time I saw Snow Patrol live (excluding the Phoenix Park show) was in the 3Arena in January 2012, the ticket price was €44.05 plus booking fees that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

The no purchase necessary means that you have no obligation to buy the presale tickets. You still have to but the album though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Lets just hope they dont mess up sending out the codes this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

The no purchase necessary means that you have no obligation to buy the presale tickets. You still have to but the album though.

No it doesn’t. Means you can just sign up to the mailing list to get the presale link. I done it for elbow in the Olympia last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    No it doesn’t. Means you can just sign up to the mailing list to get the presale link. I done it for elbow in the Olympia last year.

It’s very clearly laid out in the terms and conditions that you do need to make a purchase of the album. You then will receive a code that will allow you to purchase tickets if you want, but you do not have to, hence no purchase necessary.

http://store.universalmusic.com/snowpatrol/*/Terms/

“Pre-order any format of Snow Patrols new album WILDNESS from their official store to have a chance to purchase tickets to their forthcoming shows in an exclusive pre-sale.

Transactions must be completed by 5pm GMT on Tuesday 27th March to be eligible for a passcode to access pre-sale tickets for select shows in April and May.”

Take your chances just signing up to the list but can’t see you getting a code without an album purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It’s very clearly laid out in the terms and conditions that you do need to make a purchase of the album. You then will receive a code that will allow you to purchase tickets if you want, but you do not have to, hence no purchase necessary.

http://store.universalmusic.com/snowpatrol/*/Terms/

“Pre-order any format of Snow Patrols new album WILDNESS from their official store to have a chance to purchase tickets to their forthcoming shows in an exclusive pre-sale.

Transactions must be completed by 5pm GMT on Tuesday 27th March to be eligible for a passcode to access pre-sale tickets for select shows in April and May.”

Take your chances just signing up to the list but can’t see you getting a code without an album purchase.

You will get a code ,its eu law that there has to be a no purchase necessary option.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Nope, you're way off. A lot of people fall for it though and buy the merchandise

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nope, you're way off. A lot of people fall for it though and buy the merchandise

I remember i was nearly gonna do that for the Kasabian gig last year but in the end it was pricey enough for the new album so i decided not to. Still got a presale link

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

How much are the galway tickets

cena wrote: »
    How much are the galway tickets

It's on the desktop version of ticketmaster
    I didn't check Galway but Wexford was around €60 from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just looked at the Dublin prices...Oof! New album better be a cracker!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Just looked at the Dublin prices...Oof! New album better be a cracker!

Theres 30 second clips of each song on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Name on card used to purchase ticket must match the name on the ticket. - Cardholder must attend on the night of the show

From website just in case.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Name on card used to purchase ticket must match the name on the ticket. - Cardholder must attend on the night of the show

From website just in case.

Good! The last time they played the Olympia the Touts got most of the tickets and genuine fans missed out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Anyone get the presale code yet?

Advertisement