Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol - May Irish Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Who are the support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Who are the support act?

Brand New Friend ,they were dreadful.

Zardoz wrote: »

Bad sound or bad songs?

Checked them out on Spotify and them seem ok

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ngunners

Zardoz wrote: »

That's a bit harsh. You could tell they're a young act but they're clearly talented musicians. If they can improve their songwriting, I could see them having some minor success.

They also brought a lot of energy which warmed the crowd up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

ngunners wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh. You could tell they're a young act but they're clearly talented musicians. If they can improve their songwriting, I could see them having some minor success.

They also brought a lot of energy which warmed the crowd up.

Agreed.

Very young act and you could see they were overwhelmed to be opening for a band the size of Snow Patrol. I actually enjoyed them as a warm up act.

Plenty energy and had a nice crowd in early to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Set from Derry, according to Setlist.fm. Have the other gigs been the same/similar?

Open Your Eyes
    Chocolate
    Take Back the City
    Empress
    Called Out in the Dark
    Crack the Shutters
    Heal Me
    I Think of Home
    Don't Give In
    Run
    Life on Earth
    Lifening
    Make This Go On Forever
    Shut Your Eyes
    Chasing Cars
    You're All I Have

Encore:
    What If This Is All the Love You Ever Get?
    Just Say Yes

🤪

Bought tickets off somebody. Does anybody know if they are enforcing the strict ID and ticket checks?

Bought tickets off somebody. Does anybody know if they are enforcing the strict ID and ticket checks?

In the Opera House you were lucky if they even checked your ticket not to mind ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Would like to have seen them play in my hometown of Wexford but tickets were too expensive. I pay at the most €30 for live music in Wexford but nearly €70 for Snow Patrol was far too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Set from Derry, according to Setlist.fm. Have the other gigs been the same/similar?

Open Your Eyes
    Chocolate
    Take Back the City
    Empress
    Called Out in the Dark
    Crack the Shutters
    Heal Me
    I Think of Home
    Don't Give In
    Run
    Life on Earth
    Lifening
    Make This Go On Forever
    Shut Your Eyes
    Chasing Cars
    You're All I Have

Encore:
    What If This Is All the Love You Ever Get?
    Just Say Yes

My friend was at the Cork gig
    from what I remember her posting on Facebook they left off Lifening and played Set the Fire to the Third Bar

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Would like to have seen them play in my hometown of Wexford but tickets were too expensive. I pay at the most €30 for live music in Wexford but nearly €70 for Snow Patrol was far too much.

It's for charity....
    And they knew it would sell out in seconds so they might as well make the most for the chosen cause as they can
    I'm so excited to get to see them in my hometown after travelling to Germany to see them twice and to the UK several times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I've been to see them 3 times, once in the old Point, once in The Odyssey and the reworked tour in the opera House in Belfast and was really looking forward to tomorrow night but can't make it mow due to a family funeral.

Is the best way to sell them on at cost price on Toutless? Mine are digital tickets so I'm just wary of anything that might mess me up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ngunners

cloneslad wrote: »
    I've been to see them 3 times, once in the old Point, once in The Odyssey and the reworked tour in the opera House in Belfast and was really looking forward to tomorrow night but can't make it mow due to a family funeral.

Is the best way to sell them on at cost price on Toutless? Mine are digital tickets so I'm just wary of anything that might mess me up on them.

Toutless is probably your best bet, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

ngunners wrote: »
    Toutless is probably your best bet, yeah.

Cheers, put them up earlier, and got a response on it but struggling for signal where I am so hopefully it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Anyone know the stage times for tonight in dublin?

Edit: Checked the olympia website it has the following details

http://olympia.ie/whats-on/snow-patrol/
    Approximate stage times are as follows: Doors 7pm, Support Act Brand New Friend on from 8pm, with Snow Patrol on approximately 9pm. We expect this show to finish around 10.45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

..that was class.

"Make this go on forever" - my highlight.

New stuff is great. Brought me back to Oxegen '09. Good banter. He said his voice was going but the crowd carried every fecking song, even the "guitar bits" as he said himself.

People may not have liked the ticket prices but I fcking loved the night.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Excellent gig. Unfortunately I was in the upper circle which meant waiting for the international space station to pass to see he gig, but what a fantastic show. Olympia is such a great venue for being "close" to the band. Look forward to their o2 show in late November!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Shlippery wrote: »
    ..that was class.

"Make this go on forever" - my highlight.

New stuff is great. Brought me back to Oxegen '09. Good banter. He said his voice was going but the crowd carried every fecking song, even the "guitar bits" as he said himself.

People may not have liked the ticket prices but I fcking loved the night.

Really enjoyed it and definitely felt the nostalgic trips of oxegen 07/09.
    Said they’re announcing gigs soon. Presume 3arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

antodeco wrote: »
    Excellent gig. Unfortunately I was in the upper circle which meant waiting for the international space station to pass to see he gig, but what a fantastic show. Olympia is such a great venue for being "close" to the band. Look forward to their o2 show in late November!

I was up there myself...Christ i didn't know you could go up so high in the Olympia...Great gig... Gary was great with the crowd and answering back to people like the "Mayor of Boston" :pac:

Already looking forward to what will more than likely be there next gig in dublin in the 3 arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Lavdogg

Did they check the names on the tickets etc? I have got two for Friday but not in my name...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Lavdogg wrote:
    Did they check the names on the tickets etc? I have got two for Friday but not in my name...

Never checked our tickets just scanned tickets and searched bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Just home from tonight’s show in the opera house in Wexford and I have to say I thought it was a brilliant show. Gary was in fine voice and full of craic. I absolutely loved What if this is all the love you ever get and to hear make this go on forever took me back a few years! The only downside to the show was the idiot sitting beside me recording the whole show on their phone with the flash on.

antodeco wrote: »

I heard Gary say Dublin would be announced soon - Where did you hear it was November?
    Cant wait! :D

Lavdogg wrote: »

You'll be fine they didnt even scan them in Wexford last night

Never checked our tickets just scanned tickets and searched bag.

They didnt even search bags for standing

Wellyd wrote: »
    Just home from tonight’s show in the opera house in Wexford and I have to say I thought it was a brilliant show. Gary was in fine voice and full of craic. I absolutely loved What if this is all the love you ever get and to hear make this go on forever took me back a few years! The only downside to the show was the idiot sitting beside me recording the whole show on their phone with the flash on.

JMD adds so much to that song, love it so much!
    Ahhh did the camera police not get onto her?
    We had staff shining torches at us anytime we even took our phones out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dragonfly! wrote: »
    JMD adds so much to that song, love it so much!
    Ahhh did the camera police not get onto her?
    We had staff shining torches at us anytime we even took our phones out

I said the exact same thing to my fiancé last night about JMD. I always enjoy a good snow patrol harmony! I was really unsure what to expect in the small venue but I have to say it worked. There was a really good mix of old and new and I look forward to seeing them when they hit the road later this year. Hopefully not on a school night the next time though!

Wellyd wrote: »
    I said the exact same thing to my fiancé last night about JMD. I always enjoy a good snow patrol harmony! I was really unsure what to expect in the small venue but I have to say it worked. There was a really good mix of old and new and I look forward to seeing them when they hit the road later this year. Hopefully not on a school night the next time though!

Aha thats funny I said to my other half I hope its a Sat the next time
    Work yesterday on 5 hours sleep was erm interesting but well worth it:D

New Album is out today .
    Heal Me is a right belter ,should really have been released as the first single.

• Advertisement

I see SP are opening for Ed on his North America tour :eek::eek:

Advertisement