Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hooray, finally hatched a Wynaut!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Chicorita and Swinub and who cares type stuff all day, seeing a lot of Anorith around Dublin City and Dorset Street and Finglas this evening caught a good few.

Hatched an Aron and got 50+ candy so finally got a Aggron, I am gonna go out early for the Bulba event seeing as the clock's go forward tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Angron wrote: »
    Got my fourth EX pass, Galway this time around.

Got one for the Arche in Cork. Old faithful seems to be on a once a month rota at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hatched a 100% Slakoth earlier. Now if only Slaking was useful :pac:

And to add to this, hatched a 100% Magby, no shiny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Another Ex raid pass for Waterford aswell ;)

• Advertisement

That was some community day, I reckon almost 250k in XP made.

Good few shinies , my small fella even got back to back shiny bulbasaur's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ok, community day. Great chance to get some walking done but I ended up without any eggs at all for parts of it (had 25 pokestops turned in a row with no eggs...). Overall it ended up as a good day however between the double exp (saw no notice of that one or I'd popped eggs) along with two legendary raids (and one more Lugia 87% compared to my previous 79%) along with one special capture and in total 154 Bulbasaurs (5 shiny)...

Anyway, tallied today's catch below:
    • 1x Wailmer
    • 1x Cleffa
    • 1x Igglybuff
    • 2x Togepi
    • 1x Corphish
    • 1x Chansey
    • 1x Ralts
    • 1x Beldum
    • 2x Slakoth
    • 1x Dratini
    • 1x Taillow
    • 1x Swinub
    • 1x Treecko
    • 2x Scyther
    • 1x Poochyena
    • 1x Smoochum
    • 1x Larvatar
    • 1x Mudkip
    • 2x Swablu
    • 2x Baltoy
    • 1x Snorunt
    • 1x Mareep
    • 1x Machop
    • 1x Torchich
    • 1x Mantine

Very few eggs anywhere got all my shiny bulba around O'connell bridge area ended up with 4 in total so have a shiny Venusaur, Ivysaur and two bulba, got 250 candy in total so two evolves one shiny one non shiny, best hatch was a tyrouge so nothing to write home about. The next day better be Eevee, maybe Leafeon and Glaceon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Next day will pribbly be squirtle or charmander.

Got back to back shinies...twice!

Overall got 13 shinies - am seriously considering transferring a few :D

Evolved 3 venasaurs - frenzy plant might be a better move than solarbeam but I just can't bear to part with my mvp 100% solarbeam veny - loyalty matters!

Got 13 shinies, and am now 3.1m towards level 40.

• Advertisement

Saw about 50 people at the war memorial ex raid eligible gym doing a lugia raid so hopefully we've triggered that :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Next day will pribbly be squirtle or charmander.

Got back to back shinies...twice!

Overall got 13 shinies - am seriously considering transferring a few :D

Evolved 3 venasaurs - frenzy plant might be a better move than solarbeam but I just can't bear to part with my mvp 100% solarbeam veny - loyalty matters!
    Got a 93% shiny so happy enough to evolve that one out; keeping two around for potential future uses and sent the low percentage once away as I'd never bother anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Saw about 50 people at the war memorial ex raid eligible gym doing a lugia raid so hopefully we've triggered that :)
    I was there too

My Balbasaur Day
    NllzvzV.jpg

Caught a Lugia and Jynx as well..... After shiny 8 I went to Tower Records and with 10 minutes left restarted and caught another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Much better shiny day today then Dratini - managed 9 Shiny Bulbasaur, should have been 10 though. First one I clicked on I backed out of so I could screen record it, bas***d despawned when I did :(

I’m guessing it’ll be Charmander for April, Squirtle for May.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

delly wrote: »
    I had x2 10ks on the boil.... I now have 128 additional Skarmory candy :(
    Happened to me 2 weeks ago. Why would they keep that in 10km!
    Got my fourth EX pass, Galway this time around.
    Well done, hard work does pay off.
    I got my 2nd less than an hour after doing the raid in Dublin at 5pm!
    However I cant make it as Im working, oh well. (I got Mewtwo on my 1st EX raid)
    Hooray, finally hatched a Wynaut!
    Lucky fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Managed to pick up 6 shiny Bulbas and 1 100% Bulba, kinda funny with that one, it was posted in the group chat, so flew back around with the young fella, catching every bulba (and everything else) i seen on the way, got to where it was said to be, several of the local group around telling where it was, the young fella had it show up on his phone and got it, i start searching around and couldn't find it, did a lap around in search still no sign, checked through recent catches, couldnt see a bulba of 560cp so thought crap ive missed it! :eek: only after finishing a lugia raid while searching through catches to evolve the best and highest shiny before the event was over, do i spot this 560cp bulba about 50-60 mon down the recent catches and there he was! :P

Great day for it in fairness, was a good few out in Limerick for it, good crowd finishing up the event down at a lugia raid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Got about 250 bulbasaur candy but no shinies.
    My brother who was walking beside me got 9...
    He also then got 2 shiny Lugia from 3 raids (and was only one from any of them to get a shiny).

On Saturday we had our Mewtwo raid in Celbridge, 100% catch rate this time, with just over 20 trainers I think. First Mewtwo for a few of us (including me who had it run last time!).

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Enjoyed the community day ,although didnt have the same excitement as the first two for me , im hoping they will come up with something around rarity/regionals/completing medals for next event rather than another starter/shiny combo ,although people seem very happy with current format.
    I would be happy to see a Ratta/Magicarp event to help complete those medals , but maybe wouldnt be too exciting to community as a whole!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

Got my first ex raid pass for next Saturday, its bang in the middle of my brothers stag on the other side of the country so that's a bit of balls.

• Advertisement

Got my first ex raid pass for next Saturday, its bang in the middle of my brothers stag on the other side of the country so that's a bit of balls.

Do you know anyone else who is going to be there? Depending on how much you trust them you could get them to login for you.

Hopefully the quests are reasonably achievable in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Hopefully the quests are reasonably achievable in rural areas.

Going off the screenshots, such as this one, you can bin/delete certain tasks that are part of a Quest. Given this, anyone should be able to complete Quests ;)

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Going off the screenshots, such as this one, you can bin/delete certain tasks that are part of a Quest. Given this, anyone should be able to complete Quests ;)

Wonder if the stamps you collect have to be 7 consecutive days or is it any 7 days. This line could be the 'gotcha' with the 7 day stamps, "You may even have an encounter with a Legendary Pokémon".

Might be a pool of pokemon you get a shot at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

syboit wrote: »
    Wonder if the stamps you collect have to be 7 consecutive days or is it any 7 days. This line could be the 'gotcha' with the 7 day stamps, "You may even have an encounter with a Legendary Pokémon".

Might be a pool of pokemon you get a shot at.

Your guess is as good as mine. Nothing's been confirmed yet, at least from what I've read so far. Also, the below text was missing from the English language announcement; it's in some of the other regions' announcements:

"While you can only carry up to 3 "Field Research Tasks" at once, you can complete as many as you want per day at your own pace."

Hoping there are single player incentives in this rather than just group outings I hate missing out on raids and other legendary stuff.

Loving my Shiny collection
    nzHdsA8.jpg
    su5KzNM.jpg

19 unique

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Next community day is Mareep. Not the Charmander I wanted, and a pretty bad bonus too.

• Advertisement

Shiny mareep (and its evolutions) are pink - some people will like that.

Advertisement