Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have no Lugia or Gardevoir, no strong Espeon (1694) best mon are Ttar 3140, Dragonite 3118, Gyarados 2859 and a Mewtwo 2850 my only recently evolved alakazam is 2384

This event should give me a chance to beef up my squad I've storage of 600 but it's full of duplicate of low level random mon, I need to do a clear out once this double candy starts later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

This event should give me a chance to beef up my squad I've storage of 600 but it's full of duplicate of low level random mon, I need to do a clear out once this double candy starts later.

Yeah, should be plenty of eevee, abra's and machops around. I find these can be the good basis for a strong squad to get things going.

Have about 150 pidgey's/weedle's/wurmples myself I was saving for an evolve, but reckon I might just transfer them all now just to get some extra candy and start the collection again.

This event runs through to next week so double candy sheep on Sunday will be bonkers

Found this site with full breakdown of the field research. spoilers spoilers SPOILERS

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/research-tasks-list

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm looking forward to pinapping my next Moltres (assuming it is so) and getting 12 candies.

• Advertisement

I'm curious on that will it continue to be Moltres for each 7 day stamp or will it change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Indeed, it could be one of the other birds. But I suspect we'll have a month or so of Moltres as some people won't be able to get a stamp every day and could miss out.

Indeed, it could be one of the other birds. But I suspect we'll have a month or so of Moltres as some people won't be able to get a stamp every day and could miss out.

There was something in the last apk mine that found 'april' mentioned with the field research so people reckon'd it will be moltres for the month and thats why a lot of fire pokemon like ninetales/typholsion/flareon are top encounters for quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭josip

I have no Lugia or Gardevoir, no strong Espeon (1694) best mon are Ttar 3140, Dragonite 3118, Gyarados 2859 and a Mewtwo 2850 my only recently evolved alakazam is 2384

If you're doing a touch and go raid, record it and watch the movie later.
    You'll be able to see who you might power up to get off an extra CM, the boss' CM, how far off the 90/45 yellow/red milestones you are and just generally refine your strategy in the cold light of day.

You don't need to get the stamp every day it is just one a day but you can miss one day and still not break the streak

• Advertisement

Offical english announcement is up

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/kantocelebration/

syboit wrote: »
    Offical english announcement is up

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/kantocelebration/
    ...This special celebration ends on April 17, so get out there and make some more discoveries. If all goes well, you may be able to finish your first Special Research request and encounter Mew!

Does this mean that there's only a week left to catch Mew?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

josip wrote: »
    No helps newbies get to gold badge for Kanto region.

Meanwhile Mareep will not have double candy, it seems it is only Gen1 that has that.

Also says new Kanto Gen1 may be available... Either new to you or possibly Regional..... I'm thinking Regionals will be Tier 3 Bosses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Niantic confirmed that there's no time limit on catching Mew.

nlQCpdo.png

Awwww they really want us to work on Sunday for shinies so. Still im going out for a walk straight after the football tonight and I hope I come back with shiny anything from kanto, that's the sort of optimisation I need for this event. :)

Event is on britches get out and catch em all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Event is on britches get out and catch em all

It wouldn't work for me today the app when I tried. Doesnt suit rural players. Kept freezing :/

Same in dublin depends on your phone good few places were saying iphone 7 upwards better suited im using two way out of date android bricks so getting what I'm getting really, I've it open 10 minutes now on one phone and no spawns yet, gonna go walking very soon with an incense on, Pikachu is on my nearby at nearest pokestop 1.5k away so I'm hoping it's a shiny and still there in 15 minutes

Buddy distance 1/2 makes my Machamp that much closer, loads of ekans popping up for me few Magikarp too .5k for them now per candy too gonna be a lot of walking put in this week.

Buddy distance 1/2 makes my Machamp that much closer, loads of ekans popping up for me few Magikarp too .5k for them now per candy too gonna be a lot of walking put in this week.

Plenty good gen1 spawns around. Quick run through town, ivysaur , electrabuzz, charmeleon, duduo, grimer, pinsir, digletts, sandshrew. Pikachu + starters.

Back in gen1 days it would have been pidgey/drowzee/poliwag. Anyone missing gold kanto medal should deffo put a good dent in it this week.

You also get double candy when catching mew, but the 20 extra are not doubled.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

syboit wrote: »
    ..........Anyone missing gold kanto medal should deffo put a good dent in it this week......

Can’t see too many half serious players actually missing that badge.

Same in dublin depends on your phone good few places were saying iphone 7 upwards better suited im using two way out of date android bricks so getting what I'm getting really, I've it open 10 minutes now on one phone and no spawns yet, gonna go walking very soon with an incense on, Pikachu is on my nearby at nearest pokestop 1.5k away so I'm hoping it's a shiny and still there in 15 minutes

Hopefully research doesnt reset. As in if I only get 6 days for Moltres I'll still have 6 days when it switches to Zapdos!

You have until you've gotten 6 stamps in a row built up its not like the streak this time round you just do the tasks in the field research and can take as long as you need. So not based on days rather it's based on completing the tasks. My dates last week were April 5 and April 7 for 5 and 6 stamp, I missed April 6 as I was home.

You have until you've gotten 6 stamps in a row built up its not like the streak this time round you just do the tasks in the field research and can take as long as you need. So not based on days rather it's based on completing the tasks. My dates last week were April 5 and April 7 for 5 and 6 stamp, I missed April 6 as I was home.
    Oh I know. Its just hard to get tasks. Havent been able to spin any pokestop last two days. I only have 3 stamps.

Apparently Charmeleon is somewhere around my house. Gotta find him!

I'd imagine they'll give at least 7 days notice when changing Moltres so that people theoretically have a chance to complete.

Well its failing miserably to find my location now as I'm ready to leave. Thought it'd be more fun than a pedometer app but obviously not made for this part of the country :/

I'm getting nothing up in Tolka valley in Finglas unless I am outside walking used up two incense one last night one this morning and no spawn from either while the phone was stationary on my pillow or counter. Got a couple of magikarp popping up pinap both so 24 candy towards my Mew quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

I'd imagine they'll give at least 7 days notice when changing Moltres so that people theoretically have a chance to complete.
    We'll find out if that is the way it works but I expect that your first 7 stamps unlock Moltres, second 7 stamps unlock something, third something new and so on then repeat the cycle.
    So you can take asong as you like with the stamps..... Well know in a couple of hours when it hits midnight in New Zealand.

I'm getting nothing up in Tolka valley in Finglas unless I am outside walking used up two incense one last night one this morning and no spawn from either while the phone was stationary on my pillow or counter. Got a couple of magikarp popping up pinap both so 24 candy towards my Mew quest.

It started randomly picking me up in the village. Went from no Staryu at all to 2 Starmie. Adds a bitta craic to the walk

• Advertisement

I'm off out now will be in city centre along the liffey in about an hours time so I'm sort of hoping for Gyarados spawns. :o:o

Advertisement