Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publishing - review articles?

Options
  • 07-03-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Myself and a fellow researcher are putting together a review article which is primarily aimed for in-house distribution - it's a niche area of research, that moves soooo slow and it should really help anyone following our footsteps in gaining an understanding of the broad range of sciences involved in our field, in a shorter time than it has taken for me - 18 months but who's counting....

Given that we've put this together from publicly accessible papers, is publication a possibility? I'm under the impression that this is usually done on an 'invite-only' bases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The standard answer for questions like this is that it depends.

A systematic review is methodology used to review and summarise published articles (I'm grossly simplifying here). If your article is written as a systematic review, and if the main journals in your area accept such articles, then you may get it published.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

To add to what Tom Dunne has said regarding systematic reviews, even if you've completed this more in the style of a narrative review, it may be possible to publish it. The main factor in determining this is the journals I'm your field and whether they accept submissions of narrative/systematic reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Take a look at the scholarly journals you wish to publish in. Do you find review articles or not? One type of article you may consider is a meta-analysis, where you examine, compare, and contrast the data and results of those articles that empirically examine a specific research problem.

Advertisement