Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor schemes & realignments

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

N77 Kilkenny Ballyragget-Ballynaslee 110,000 Planning

First I've ever heard of this scheme? This wouldn't be the worst section of the N77 Portlaoise-Kilkenny road, it's the part passing the Glanbia factory.
    I'd have thought the sections between Kilkenny and Ballyragget far worse and in need of a major upgrade first?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

road_high wrote: »
    N77 Kilkenny Ballyragget-Ballynaslee 110,000 Planning

First I've ever heard of this scheme? This wouldn't be the worst section of the N77 Portlaoise-Kilkenny road, it's the part passing the Glanbia factory.
    I'd have thought the sections between Kilkenny and Ballyragget far worse and in need of a major upgrade first?
    This is a new scheme and only starting off now. I'm guessing it'll connect the N77 Ballynaslee realignment and Ballyragget itself.

marno21 wrote: »
    This is a new scheme and only starting off now. I'm guessing it'll connect the N77 Ballynaslee realignment and Ballyragget itself.

Indeed. There is scope for improvement (pavement and widening). That must be the logic, connect the new scheme with the rest.

N70 Kilderry bends contract award:

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicTenders/ViewNotice/199512

Expect to see diggers in the next few months.

• Advertisement

I think this is just a signs/lines and resurfacing scheme which makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Check out this article: "Funding allocated for development of Listowel Bypass and Tralee Northern Relief Road" on the Radio Kerry app
    https://5uo3.app.link/XitF1LXcLJ

Good news for Kerry roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

And knowing Wills, will likely be finished ahead of schedule. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

joujoujou wrote: »
    And knowing Wills, will likely be finished ahead of schedule. :)

Have they much on at the moment... There a great crew to do work..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

N56 Letterkenny to Kilmacrennan looks to be progressing well, no works on the main carriageway yet but seems to be a lot of offline sections with vegetation clearance and topsoil stripping ongoing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

N56 Letterkenny to Kilmacrennan looks to be progressing well, no works on the main carriageway yet but seems to be a lot of offline sections with vegetation clearance and topsoil stripping ongoing

That's good news, when did that start? Must have been pretty recently.

spacetweek wrote: »
    That's good news, when did that start? Must have been pretty recently.

Tender was awarded just before Christmas so I'd imagine start of January

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

According to CIS Ireland, N61 Coolteige (Phase 1) started today.

Tender for N56 Coolboy-Kilmacrennan awarded to BAM Civil

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicTenders/ViewNotice/201202

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Did I read the tender correctly that points awarded for the tender was just the lowest bid?

N70 Kilderry bends contract award:

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicTenders/ViewNotice/199512

Expect to see diggers in the next few months.
    Quite a lot of work underway on this now with very visible earthworks at the Milltown end of the scheme, and also at the Killorglin side near the Golf Club road turn off.

Scheme is entirely offline so not very visible to motorists for a while yet and no disruption until they start on the tie ins.

Main contractor awarded for N56 Coolboy to Kilmacrennan, outside Letterkenny. Up to now site prep and topsoil strip were taking place so this looks like the start of main works.

• Advertisement

Drove both N63 Abbeyknockmoy and N61 Coolteige today. AKM looking well, mostly done and a welcome improvement. Have to say that most of the N63 to Roscommon is sh*te altogether and many changes are needed.

Couldn't see much of N61 as it's offline. Only construction signs at the northern end.

Main contractor awarded for N56 Coolboy to Kilmacrennan, outside Letterkenny. Up to now site prep and topsoil strip were taking place so this looks like the start of main works.

Yep awarded to BAM as per post #78.
    Drove both N63 Abbeyknockmoy and N61 Coolteige today. AKM looking well, mostly done and a welcome improvement. Have to say that most of the N63 to Roscommon is sh*te altogether and many changes are needed.

Couldn't see much of N61 as it's offline. Only construction signs at the northern end.

Totally agree on the N63 (in fact we were talking about this on SSC at the weekend). Next up on the N63 is a few km east of Abbeyknockmoy which will take out the bridge over the River Abbert which is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dev1234

Yep awarded to BAM as per post #78.

Totally agree on the N63 (in fact we were talking about this on SSC at the weekend). Next up on the N63 is a few km east of Abbeyknockmoy which will take out the bridge over the River Abbert which is a joke.

Hi Marno21,

Any idea of when the next Abbeyknockmoy works will start? I'd heard about the plans locally but wasn't sure if they were legit.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I was up around Letterkenny a couple of months ago and there looked to be topsoil stripping and clearance work already underway, how is the tender only being awarded now? Are the main works under a different contract?

Dev1234 wrote: »
    Hi Marno21,

Any idea of when the next Abbeyknockmoy works will start? I'd heard about the plans locally but wasn't sure if they were legit.

Thanks
    Scheme is at preliminary design stage, so will only be at route selection and design state in 2018. I'd imagine 2021 will be the earliest for a start on the scheme.

Painfully slow, but the Minister has confirmed that he has no interest in proceeding with these schemes even though they are part of the 2013-2020 Road Safety Strategy and are being heavily pushed by the RSA, TII, and the local authorities involved. NINE schemes will start in 2018, there are 62 active at present and at least 40 others being pursued by local authorities with no funding.

I was up around Letterkenny a couple of months ago and there looked to be topsoil stripping and clearance work already underway, how is the tender only being awarded now? Are the main works under a different contract?

Yes they are.

Sligo County Council progressing with a realignment of the N59 just west of Ballisodare

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=128413&B=ETENDERS_SIMPLE&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders

Reported on CIS Ireland:

11th May 2018: Gibson Brothers (Ireland) Limited, Co. Louth have been appointed for the N2 Corracrin to Emyvale Road Realignment.

• Advertisement

Seems like you could easily reinstate them after widening.

Advertisement