Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France vs England Sat 10 Mar 4:30

• 10-03-2018 5:00pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just one sentence.

"Allez Les Bleus!!!!!!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

England will be desperate. They need to win with a bonus point and start to reel in the points difference ahead of next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

come on France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

4-45 kick off lads

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

4-45 kick off lads

Im staying in the pub.

The oh has gone for a haircut #****eduppriorities

Stheno wrote: »
    Im staying in the pub.

The oh has gone for a haircut #****eduppriorities

Same here. Allllllezzzzzz les bluesssss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wasn’t going to watch this but then I realised I’ve a load more beers, not much else for doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Come on France. Beat England to win the Championship for Ireland. You can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some fine beards on the Frenchmen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Switched over to the BBC for this one.

That’s a heavyweight panel! St. Andre, Johnson, O’Connell and Guscott.

Blows the TV3 team of the inane Shane Horgan and two random dudes out of the water. Match commentary is bound to be superior too.

Seemed like TV3 were paying their production team per replay: missed out on reviewing a lot of penalties, good tackles and turnovers I’d like to have seen again. Instead they were broadcasting images of guys receiving medical attention and players milling around waiting for scrum resets.

Odd editing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Seems like a ton of English support travelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

DeadHand wrote: »
    Switched over to the BBC for this one, sorry I didn’t for the Ireland match.

That’s a heavyweight panel! St. Andre, Johnson, O’Connell and Guscott.

Blows the TV3 team of the inane Shane Horgan and two random dudes out of the water. Match commentary is bound to be superior too.

Seemed like TV3 were paying their production team per replay: missed out on reviewing a lot of penalties, good tackles and turnovers I’d like to have seen again. Instead they were broadcasting images of guys receiving medical attention and players milling around waiting for scrum resets.

Odd editing.
    Ireland's match was on ITV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

We will see how good this English side is.

Their championship is on the line here.

I have a feeling the pressure might be too much.

Jones may be a spoofer.

France might sneak this one.

France by 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭DeadHand

MJohnston wrote: »
    Ireland's match was on ITV

Ah. Sorry I didn’t watch it there then.

France were making good ground there even though the whistle had blown for a foward pass.

DeadHand wrote: »
    Ah. Sorry I didn’t watch it there then.

ITV weren't great - I heard the phrase "the Irish are still paying some fiddles" and the commentator made reference to "Jordi Henderson"

Jones may be a spoofer.

France by 9.

Here’s hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I see England getting five here. Tip the score board over until French legs give and then rampant second half!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

To be honest I'd like to see England get the bonus point so it'll be more exciting next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Wild offload from Bonneval...

Take it easy lad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Jones may be a spoofer.

France by 9.

I disagree with your comments bout how good england need to be. Since jones came in, they have a won a slam and equaled the all time record of consecutive wins plus won a series in Australia.

Ireland under schmidt have yet to do any of that.

• Advertisement

Ah. That ball was gifted to England with that pass to Robshaw earlier. France need to avoid making sloppy ball if they are to win in Paris.

With England gaining a lot of ground on the pitch; they could be very powerful in this match.

To be honest I'd like to see England get the bonus point so it'll be more exciting next week.

No. My heart wouldn't be able to take the pressure.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

England forcing it. C'mon the French defense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,198 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I enjoy watching Anthony Watson play.

Lightning when he gets going.

Subpopulus wrote: »
    No. My heart wouldn't be able to take the pressure.

I’d prefer to see England lose here as they are more likely to fold next week if things are going badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Reminds of 2015 when england nearly pulled off a miricale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

You're a masochist. I will be over the moon if we win the trophy today. Feck the excitement :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Thats clear taking out off the ball

France are showing signs of their last win against England in Paris yet again. It's good to see that happen in flow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

George Floored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Lol, have a couple of cups of sit the f**k down

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

France just woke up!

Also can you imagine the heat Eddie J will get if they lost 3 on the bounce....anyway that’s getting waaaaay ahead of ourselves.

Cmon France !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

Had to switch over to BBC from TV3 for this match, the main commentator for tv3 makes commentary on actua soccer for ps1 sound amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

POC doing a good job on the microphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Not like Peyper to ignore a player taking a bang straight to the head. :rolleyes:

Not sure it was a penalty or not - but a novice ref at any level should have been able to see straight away there was a head injury there and that play needed to be stopped. Disgraceful he needed tmo/tough judge to tell him about it there

There’s going to a bad outcome to one of Peyper’s matches someday - player safety never seems to be on his radar

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

rodge123 wrote: »
    Had to switch over to BBC from TV3 for this match, the main commentator for tv3 makes commentary on actua soccer for ps1 sound amazing!

Are the TV3 commentators in the stadium or do they have to report from a studio somewhere? They had no idea the whistle had gone for a forward pass there near the start.

Peyper continually amazes me that he keeps getting selected as a top level referee

C__MC wrote: »
    Reminds of 2015 when england nearly pulled off a miricale

Still the craziest game I've ever watched. It was like an episode of Wacky Races.

55 points for England.
    Nakaitaci almost forgetting to touch down and running into the dead ball area.
    France trying to play their way out of their own 22 in the 80th minute.
    All ending in a six nations victory for Ireland.

Mental stuff.

Despite everything, Farrell is a class act.

• Advertisement

Peyper continually amazes me that he keeps getting selected as a top level referee

The sooner he gets bumped off the list the better. Pedantic yet error prone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

C__MC wrote: »
    I disagree with your comments bout how good england need to be. Since jones came in, they have a won a slam and equaled the all time record of consecutive wins plus won a series in Australia.

Ireland under schmidt have yet to do any of that.

Ireland have done plenty well under schdmidt. Last year stopped England from getting a record run of wins. Having done that against New Zealand previously also.

Our summer tours have been fairly strong also.

What's wrong with 2 6 nations without grand slams?

Still the craziest game I've ever watched. It was like an episode of Wacky Races.

55 points for England.

Mental stuff.

I don't know, the Wales-France game that lasted 4 hours was pretty crazy too.

That attempt for a French try was unnecessary. They could avoid that by keeping the ball in hand by going under the posts. If France are nervy in scoring tries on the pitch; they should avoid making mistakes to make them learn next time.

France need the next score

I don't know, the Wales-France game that lasted 4 hours was pretty crazy too.

Yea, the 100-minute game was pretty surreal, but I wasn't as emotionally invested in it.

With the 2015 England-France game we seemed to be on the verge of losing the championship every two minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,198 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Hughes looks badly hurt.

Knee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

55 points for England.

Mental stuff.
    ‘‘Twas a great day, I was in murrayfield trying to drink the place dry ��

Come on!!!!!!

Clegg wrote: »
    Hughes looks badly hurt.

Knee?

Yep. He was being carried by shoulders of the medics.

France are now on the board with 3 points. England have 6.

• Advertisement
Advertisement