Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Beast in The Southeast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

sarah88 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any shops open in the Ardkeen area (other than Londis?)

World Wide Wines was open but might be closed now.

I got a half pounder in chipster and a bottle of Jameson in Madigans :D What more could you want? Going to get drunk and go play in the snow later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I got a half pounder in chipster and a bottle of Jameson in Madigans :D What more could you want? Going to get drunk and go play in the snow later

You, my friend, are living the dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Will the supermarkets or off licenses be open tomorrow in the city centre ?, off on Sunday and no booze in the fridge :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

World Wide Wines was open but might be closed now.

Thanks, went for a stroll on the hunt for some munchies, but they were cleared out. The Dunmore Rd looked like something out of an apocalypse very surreal with people trecking the snowy roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's like The Walking Dead, little groups of slow moving people huddled together outside empty shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

longshanks wrote: »
    It's like The Walking Dead, little groups of slow moving people huddled together outside empty shops.

I thought exactly that when I saw it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Things kicking off in Dublin with two Lidl's looted and one leveled with a JCB :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Whats rice bridge, the quays and road through new town out to the hospital like?
    Drivable? Surely they ploughed that at least.
    How about the outer ring road?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Whats rice bridge, the quays and road through new town out to the hospital like?
    Drivable? Surely they ploughed that at least.
    How about the outer ring road?

main roads have been ploughed, but i wouldnt be going out there in anything less than a jeep tonight, but in saying that, i seen a few cars making their way around the outer ring road. few stranded cars around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 X22Report

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    main roads have been ploughed, but i wouldnt be going out there in anything less than a jeep tonight, but in saying that, i seen a few cars making their way around the outer ring road. few stranded cars around the place.

Whats the new bridge and motorway like have they cleared the snow

X22Report wrote:
    Whats the new bridge and motorway like have they cleared the snow

Wasn't on them, but other major roads around the town have been cleared, but not fully, so I'd imagine they have been cleared

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dionysis

What’s the snow situation like in your area surrounding wate4ord city. Have to pass from Tramore through Waterford through new Ross to graignamanagh in kk late4 this morning. Will I get there, and is it worth getting there if everyone is in 4ft of snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Dionysis wrote: »
    What’s the snow situation like in your area surrounding wate4ord city. Have to pass from Tramore through Waterford through new Ross to graignamanagh in kk late4 this morning. Will I get there, and is it worth getting there if everyone is in 4ft of snow?

if you come in the tramore road and stick to the ring roads as far as the hospital roads are cleared in as far as town anyway.

id imagine getting to graig would be problematic!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Are tesco and the other shops open today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Tesco and Aldi saying 9.
    Lidl saying 10.
    Dunnes saying 1.
    Not seen Supervalu saying anything.

All subject to local conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Dionysis wrote: »

The main road between Waterford and New Ross has been cleared but there's still a lot of snow build up in the hard shoulder so just take your time. Obviously keep your eyes open for abandoned vehicles on the road, they may not be fully pulled in off the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

the thaw is on, very slowly but its deffo happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Iceland open and they have milk,

For now anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

How’s the Tramore Road looking?

• Advertisement

Any news on lidl or Aldi

Supervalu Kilbarry is open so I am told

How’s the Tramore Road looking?

was dodgy enough last night, was ploughed though, and traffic was passing through it relatively ok, even though there was a car abandoned on it, there was only one lane to. probably different story now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Londis at Ballinkill shopping centre is open as well - they also have a strict door policy.

Regulars only, neat dress essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

once I can get out and go to a supermarket/have away I'll be happy

have enough of dvds and netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Supervalu on Morgan Street and Aldi Glen is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Is the cleaboy chipper open today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Is Tesco poleberry and supervalu kilbarry open

Is the cleaboy chipper open today?

Yes just seen on facebook its open

Has anyone been out driving what are the roads around the city like?

• Advertisement

Has anyone been out driving what are the roads around the city like?

main Cork road into city is clearing

Advertisement