Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Beast in The Southeast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If anyone hears of a deli open please let me know asap :D

Just knock on a few neighbours doors and you'll find someone who's bought 8 loaves of bread and half a fruit & veg department.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Eistech have always treated their employees really bad, what more would you expect of such a company. I hope no one working there gets hurt going home.

Im worried about the eistex employees that stand around outside smoking and throwing their fag ends on the ground, they could get frost bite

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Please tell me Eistech is closed today and tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What are the main roads like? Just curious, I'm not moving until the thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭jmcc

What are the main roads like? Just curious, I'm not moving until the thaw.
    Only saw a few cars and lorries on the Dunm ore Road when normally it would be almost bumper to bumper.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Any chance I'll get a breakfast roll in the morning in town?
    That might depend on the humour the other half is in. There could be lot of little Emmas and Eamonns come the new year.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Probably not. They have a notorious name all over the country as an absolute scumbag of an employer and the way they treat their staff is appalling, from denying holidays to expecting people to work unpaid overtime etc etc.

If any of them had an ounce of common sense they would tell then to fcuk off if asked to work today and/or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

It's absolutely so quite out. I remember when I was young we had to be drag in from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Probably not. They have a notorious name all over the country as an absolute scumbag of an employer and the way they treat their staff is appalling, from denying holidays to expecting people to work unpaid overtime etc etc.

If any of them had an ounce of common sense they would tell then to fcuk off if asked to work today and/or tomorrow.

Closed today reopening tomorrow at 2pm weather permitting.

Closed today reopening tomorrow at 2pm weather permitting.

very unlikely they ll be reopening tomorrow, id say its gonna be a nasty night, roads will be lethal tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

If anyone hears of a deli open please let me know asap :D

Spar Barracks Street is open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

very unlikely they ll be reopening tomorrow, id say its gonna be a nasty night, roads will be lethal tomorrow

A lot of places are planning on reopening tomorrow around 1 - 3pm but I'd say that will change tonight/early tomorrow morn, places will be lethal tomorrow.

I think Friday should be considered a no drive day unless told otherwise by people better trusted than employers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

What's open today?

longshanks wrote: »
    What's open today?

Id say everywhere is closed by now

Spar Barracks Street is open

Maxol on the cork road was open and had a full deli...... Got me a bomb ass breakfast roll and got s bottle of whiskey in lidl :D

4 o'clock I'm done work, going to get drunk and watch the snow

Maxol on the cork road was open and had a full deli...... Got me a bomb ass breakfast roll and got s bottle of whiskey in lidl :D

4 o'clock I'm done work, going to get drunk and watch the snow

Is maxol closing do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

The blanket of snow will cover the beautiful collage of chewing gum stuck to the ground that their employees have created outside the building from spitting it from their gobs as they go to work

Is maxol closing do you know?

Not sure I got my roll an hour ago and they aren't closing at that time anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

not too bad out now

Thought the worst was happening at 4pm ??

• Advertisement

Not on the dot! :D Though yes it is quite quiet out there wind wise. Presumably it'll pickup, I was hopeing we'd get this blizzard bit over and done ASAP I have to go the back of beyond (Co Limerick) on Sunday at 8 AM and was hoping we'd be in milder air well before then but I'm starting to have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

feckin blizzard my arse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

I'm not in Waterford at the moment is there any cameras with live feed to be able to get an idea of what it's like there

Santan wrote: »
    I'm not in Waterford at the moment is there any cameras with live feed to be able to get an idea of what it's like there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwLpCkPUgEo

http://www.tramoresurfshop.com/tramore-webcam.html

http://78tramore.home.dyndns.org/view/index.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

feckin blizzard my arse :rolleyes:

Who needs Met Eireann when we have you.

Santan wrote: »

https://waterforddistillery.ie/watch-live-cameras/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fox Uniform

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

lertsnim wrote: »
    Who needs Met Eireann when we have you.

I've a large writ here with Evelyn Cusack's name on the top. I feel shortchanged.

Advertisement