Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Beast in The Southeast

• 26-02-2018 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Will it be as bad as they are predicting?,are you prepared?,are the Council prepared?,will Waterford shutdown for the week?

Maybe we could use this thread for people to update how bad the roads are around their areas :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Will it be as bad as they are predicting?,are you prepared?,are the Council prepared?,will Waterford shutdown for the week?

Maybe we could use this thread for people to update how bad the roads are around their areas :)

The roads are bad in most areas............oh, I see what you mean! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thursday and Friday will be a wipe er white out for about 18-24 hours, basically stay home as you may not be able to get home if you go anywhere in the morning. The main point of interest is if the air behind the snow front is warm enough to cause a quick or slow thaw, or if it stays cold enough to freeze over at which point all bets are off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

SuperValu Kilbarry was cleared out of bread and vegetables this evening and running very low on milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Milk and bread gets stocked up every morning. On most evenings and Sunday afternoons the fresh bread shelf is near empty anyway, The hysteria about seeing empty shelves is a bit over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

just wondering what garages in town sell Kerosene at the pump? Need to top up the tank with a couple of drums - jus in case :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

carolinej wrote: »
    just wondering what garages in town sell Kerosene at the pump? Need to top up the tank with a couple of drums - jus in case :D

Wish I knew! Don’t do it often but I go out to petrol station in Kilmeaden village.

morebarn2 wrote: »
    Wish I knew! Don’t do it often but I go out to petrol station in Kilmeaden village.

I know Kilmeaden sell it but I'm in the town and thought some of the garages might sell it. May as well spin out to Kilmeaden later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I was just talking to one of the Home Heating suppliers and he said he had 120 deliveries to do! Obviously can't do all them so people will have to wait. Could be a cold week or two for anyone who ran down their fuel hoping the Winter was finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

Ireland gone mad. Long queues in stores from early morning. Apocalypse is coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Uboat wrote:
    Ireland gone mad. Long queues in stores from early morning. Apocalypse is coming?

Very strange, for a couple of bad days, is it Christmas again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Is it expected to go to a red warning in Waterford?

dzilla wrote:
    Is it expected to go to a red warning in Waterford?

I'd say it will eventually, maybe for Thursday and Friday

Just in ardkeen Lidl not a single slice of bread to be had,!!

Ah people are gone weird again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The Beast has arrived!!

Didn't stick around. The bastard.

longshanks wrote:
    Didn't stick around. The bastard.

Patience

Sure twas only a scratch of snow! The level of buying when I was out (at lunchtime it should be said) was hilarious, a likely 24 hours of "no shopping" weather and it's mass panic. I'll now have to buy my bread first thing to beat the stampede

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

News and star have pics on their facebook of supervalu kilbarry and there's literally nothing left on the shelves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

carolinej wrote: »

Jones Oil - Manor St just behind Dunphys shop sell kero from the pump. c.74c/L

gman2k wrote: »
    Jones Oil - Manor St just behind Dunphys shop sell kero from the pump. c.74c/L

thanks. I went out to Kilmeaden earlier and filled up couple of drums. Have the milk and bread in too :D

What are people doing with all the bread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyHilfiger

longshanks wrote: »

It looks like there will be a lot of beans on toast the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

heard of one person buying 15 loafs of bread

not a big bread eater but got a loaf myself today just incase

Damnit, I forgot to get bread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Damnit, I forgot to get bread!

I went to Tesco's Ardkeen last night, completely cleaned out of bread.

I went to Lidl Ardkeen at 8.30 this morning, they had baked themselves plus had deliveries of bread but the chilled meats , yoghurts etc section was completely bare ass naked! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone know what main roads like, specifically the n24 and n25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Theres going to be a glut of stale bread in coming days.

Birds should do well out of it, not to mention shopkeepers.

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote: »
    Anyone know what main roads like, specifically the n24 and n25

They'll be open but I'd check AA site for latest.

Oh yes I got my bread, centra had one trolley and nothing else coming today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Azatadine

N25 is no problem at all. Drove to WX no problem at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Tesco Ardkeen must of had a delivery of Ryan bread this morning. Plenty there at about half 8

28471852_10211901856042063_8823942513024073702_n.jpg?oh=108756c89bfdad85ddd90f5dc8767964&oe=5B084A83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Met Eireann has just upped the weather warning for munster to red. Covering tomorrow from 4pm to Friday noon.

Roads quiet but perfectly usable with a bit of wit.

• Advertisement

Red Alert warning just gone out. The weekend has started! Adios work!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

My husband left for Clonmel around 6.30am and the roads were bad until he got to Mooncoin but grand after that. He was home again around 11am and said the roads were fine all the way back.

Someone bought 20 loaves in Tesco yesterday. I stocked up over the weekend and picked up a few more bits on Monday.

deisemum wrote: »
    My husband left for Clonmel around 6.30am and the roads were bad until he got to Mooncoin but grand after that. He was home again around 11am and said the roads were fine all the way back.

Someone bought 20 loaves in Tesco yesterday. I stocked up over the weekend and picked up a few more bits on Monday.

this could all be over by the weekend, people are odd, this isnt the 70's or 80's! we ll probably be housebound for a couple of days

deisemum wrote: »

The main roads around the city are fine i was out today and it was very quiet,20 loaves? seriously what is someone going to do with that amount of bread this whole bread shortage is really crazy

The credit union was closed earlier, anyone know when they plan on opening again?
    Some factories are closing too, out of concern for their employees, and some are refusing to shut which says a lot too.

• Advertisement

The main roads around the city are fine i was out today and it was very quiet,20 loaves? seriously what is someone going to do with that amount of bread this whole bread shortage is really crazy

to be fair, i am hearing stories of some charities buying up bread around the place, which is understandable, but theres no need for individuals to be panic buying

to be fair, i am hearing stories of some charities buying up bread around the place, which is understandable, but theres no need for individuals to be panic buying

But why bread?,are people going to just be eating sandwiches and toast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I was driving from Kilcohan to New Ross at 4:45 this morning. The roads in Waterford were really bad, seemed like they hadn’t been gritted or salted at all. As soon as I got over the bridge those roads were grand.

stay safe everyone, heard of a lot of people having mini breakdowns and lots of friendly folks are on hand to help anyone in troube.

if i see one more bloody meme or someone making a bread joke on facebook ill scream. Its not the end of the world just a bit of a snow and we just have to stay indoors for a while for our own safety if people want to go to the pub etc they can

The credit union was closed earlier, anyone know when they plan on opening again?
    Some factories are closing too, out of concern for their employees, and some are refusing to shut which says a lot too.

Teva shut tonight at 6pm until Monday and Bausch & Lomb closing tomorrow at 2pm until Friday 2pm

The Eishtec offices in Waterford, Wexford and Clonmel will be closing tonight at 7.00pm. We will open tomorrow morning as normal and our offices in Waterford, Wexford and Clonmel will close from 2.00pm on Thursday, 1 March until 2.00pm on Friday, 2 March based on the red alert warning in effect. We will review the weather conditions for Craigavon over the course of the day. We are keeping a close eye on weather conditions across all sites and will update this Facebook page if circumstances change. Please take extra caution during these weather conditions and take note of the safety tips on the Winter Ready website. www.winterready.ie.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Eishtec offices in Waterford, Wexford and Clonmel will be closing tonight at 7.00pm. We will open tomorrow morning as normal and our offices in Waterford, Wexford and Clonmel will close from 2.00pm on Thursday, 1 March until 2.00pm on Friday, 2 March based on the red alert warning in effect. We will review the weather conditions for Craigavon over the course of the day. We are keeping a close eye on weather conditions across all sites and will update this Facebook page if circumstances change. Please take extra caution during these weather conditions and take note of the safety tips on the Winter Ready website. www.winterready.ie.

so employees have to make their way home from 2pm tomorrow, just as the real bad weather starts to kick in?

so employees have to make their way home from 2pm tomorrow, just as the real bad weather starts to kick in?

yeah it's disgraceful and the company really should have some sense and close all day

got forbid if something bad happend to an employee than the company have to the blame

Eistech have always treated their employees really bad, what more would you expect of such a company. I hope no one working there gets hurt going home.

few pubs opening tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement