Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Beast in The Southeast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Azatadine

N25 is no problem at all. Drove to WX no problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Tesco Ardkeen must of had a delivery of Ryan bread this morning. Plenty there at about half 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

longshanks wrote: »
    What are people doing with all the bread?

28471852_10211901856042063_8823942513024073702_n.jpg?oh=108756c89bfdad85ddd90f5dc8767964&oe=5B084A83

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Met Eireann has just upped the weather warning for munster to red. Covering tomorrow from 4pm to Friday noon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Roads quiet but perfectly usable with a bit of wit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Red Alert warning just gone out. The weekend has started! Adios work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

My husband left for Clonmel around 6.30am and the roads were bad until he got to Mooncoin but grand after that. He was home again around 11am and said the roads were fine all the way back.

Someone bought 20 loaves in Tesco yesterday. I stocked up over the weekend and picked up a few more bits on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

deisemum wrote: »
    My husband left for Clonmel around 6.30am and the roads were bad until he got to Mooncoin but grand after that. He was home again around 11am and said the roads were fine all the way back.

Someone bought 20 loaves in Tesco yesterday. I stocked up over the weekend and picked up a few more bits on Monday.

this could all be over by the weekend, people are odd, this isnt the 70's or 80's! we ll probably be housebound for a couple of days

deisemum wrote: »

The main roads around the city are fine i was out today and it was very quiet,20 loaves? seriously what is someone going to do with that amount of bread this whole bread shortage is really crazy

The credit union was closed earlier, anyone know when they plan on opening again?
    Some factories are closing too, out of concern for their employees, and some are refusing to shut which says a lot too.

• Advertisement

The main roads around the city are fine i was out today and it was very quiet,20 loaves? seriously what is someone going to do with that amount of bread this whole bread shortage is really crazy

to be fair, i am hearing stories of some charities buying up bread around the place, which is understandable, but theres no need for individuals to be panic buying

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    to be fair, i am hearing stories of some charities buying up bread around the place, which is understandable, but theres no need for individuals to be panic buying

But why bread?,are people going to just be eating sandwiches and toast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I was driving from Kilcohan to New Ross at 4:45 this morning. The roads in Waterford were really bad, seemed like they hadn’t been gritted or salted at all. As soon as I got over the bridge those roads were grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

stay safe everyone, heard of a lot of people having mini breakdowns and lots of friendly folks are on hand to help anyone in troube.

if i see one more bloody meme or someone making a bread joke on facebook ill scream. Its not the end of the world just a bit of a snow and we just have to stay indoors for a while for our own safety if people want to go to the pub etc they can

longshanks wrote: »
    The credit union was closed earlier, anyone know when they plan on opening again?
    Some factories are closing too, out of concern for their employees, and some are refusing to shut which says a lot too.

Teva shut tonight at 6pm until Monday and Bausch & Lomb closing tomorrow at 2pm until Friday 2pm

The Eishtec offices in Waterford, Wexford and Clonmel will be closing tonight at 7.00pm. We will open tomorrow morning as normal and our offices in Waterford, Wexford and Clonmel will close from 2.00pm on Thursday, 1 March until 2.00pm on Friday, 2 March based on the red alert warning in effect. We will review the weather conditions for Craigavon over the course of the day. We are keeping a close eye on weather conditions across all sites and will update this Facebook page if circumstances change. Please take extra caution during these weather conditions and take note of the safety tips on the Winter Ready website. www.winterready.ie.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Eishtec offices in Waterford, Wexford and Clonmel will be closing tonight at 7.00pm. We will open tomorrow morning as normal and our offices in Waterford, Wexford and Clonmel will close from 2.00pm on Thursday, 1 March until 2.00pm on Friday, 2 March based on the red alert warning in effect. We will review the weather conditions for Craigavon over the course of the day. We are keeping a close eye on weather conditions across all sites and will update this Facebook page if circumstances change. Please take extra caution during these weather conditions and take note of the safety tips on the Winter Ready website. www.winterready.ie.

so employees have to make their way home from 2pm tomorrow, just as the real bad weather starts to kick in?

so employees have to make their way home from 2pm tomorrow, just as the real bad weather starts to kick in?

yeah it's disgraceful and the company really should have some sense and close all day

got forbid if something bad happend to an employee than the company have to the blame

Eistech have always treated their employees really bad, what more would you expect of such a company. I hope no one working there gets hurt going home.

few pubs opening tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Eistech have always treated their employees really bad, what more would you expect of such a company. I hope no one working there gets hurt going home.

Exact same hours as Bausch & Lomb, the mighty dollar speaks.....

Exact same hours as Bausch & Lomb, the mighty dollar speaks.....

its not as mighty as it once was

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

No, indeed it's not....

To be fair to the companies they are only going on when a red alert is announced B&L and Eistech probably have well over 2000 employees between them thats a lot of people to pay for a snow day,the roads in the city arent bad now but who knows whats going to happen in the next few days they might have to stay closed for longer than anticipated.

To be fair to the companies they are only going on when a red alert is announced B&L and Eistech probably have well over 2000 employees between them thats a lot of people to pay for a snow day,the roads in the city arent bad now but who knows whats going to happen in the next few days they might have to stay closed for longer than anticipated.

many of the roads are lethal enough now, they ll more than likely be much worse tomorrow and on friday. it would be best if everyone closed now until maybe saturday. having people move around now is simply dangerous.

many of the roads are lethal enough now, they ll more than likely be much worse tomorrow and on friday. it would be best if everyone closed now until maybe saturday. having people move around now is simply dangerous.

Totally agree with you and i think there is a red warning now for Waterford from 8pm to 12 tomorrow

B&L employees are being sent home now.

Any chance I'll get a breakfast roll in the morning in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Nationwide red alert since 11pm tonight so probably very few places open tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    Nationwide red alert since 11pm tonight so probably very few places open tomorrow morning.

If anyone hears of a deli open please let me know asap :D

Advertisement