Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

joes girls wrote:
    Tomhaggard.( whitehole)

Parents live in moortown not far from you, across the road from Greenacres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

We have a nice covering in Athlone, looking at that radar now though, the showers in the east seem to die out once they get in around 40 miles from the East coast. Beautiful morning here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

7 inches in Naas.

Even in this cold weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Snowing at the moment in Finglas West. Ground is well covered. Some of the more major roads are decent enough after morning traffic gave a bit of a melt but lesser used roads and those in housing estates are very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

snowing again in goatstown d14. don't expect this to change much over the next few days, expecting loads of snowshowers. thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

currently a Whiteout in Central park Leopardstown.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sun is shining now out in Bisopstown, -3 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

What are the chances of Drogheda getting out of the Isle of Man shadow?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

About 5cm in Clontarf and a blizzard now. Road seems very glassy and treacherous.

Saw some clown out jogging, no hat no gloves

Text from work, office closed, bliss

Why would they need hat and gloves to jog? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Still mostly graupel here in D9. A decent covering - no more than an inch on pavements and a little more on grass. Need to be further inland I'd say where people to my SW are seeing 10cm or more.

Annoying gap inbetween the two bands impacting Dublin/Wicklow - mostly caught in the middle and only getting glancing blow with more menacing skies to my south and north. Can't even blame the IOM just an unfortunate way they've set up today.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

joes girls wrote: »
    http://VEX8ou.jpg

This is Snow on the beach down the road from me.

That reminds of surfing in 2010 where it was snow from the tideline up and the air was so cold the water actually felt warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

For those in the west the Hirlam model pushes the snow as far as Castlebar for Friday morning but the GFS only has it as far as Tuam, either way it looks like Limerick, Clare and Galway will get plenty of snow Thursday night into Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

With storm Emma coming I went out and got another hatchet so I can batten down the hatches
    IMAG11005_zpsao0cwwwl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

over 10cm of snow this morning in Clonee Dub 15.
    and still falling.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Sun is shining now out in Bisopstown, -3 atm.

Just 15 miles down the road here in Kinsale it is grey with very heavy snow flurries. Extremely poor visibility. This snow must be hugging the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Complete whiteout here at the minute , PLaoise,
    And this was the snow on the roof of the car ten minutes ago..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Latest HIRLAM could suggest almost Nationwide Red alert from tomorrow evening onwards. Talking 10-20cm almost everywhere, beyond 30cm in South/East coast spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

The Mig wrote: »
    3 quick Blizzards in a row in Dun Laoghaire and its pure whiteout again

I'm a small pedantic man, but this is making my teeth itch.

There have been no blizzards in Ireland today.
    There may be one later in the week.
    Blizzards are severe snow with high winds, like a storm with gansaí loads of snow.

Sorry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

whippet wrote: »
    Not as much as a flake here in Louth this morning ... just a little dust on the car from last night ... kids are disgusted .. as school is closed and no snow !!

Where are you? We have around an inch on the ground and more falling. Collon apparently is impassible, but that's more than likely because of the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

revelman wrote: »
    Just 15 miles down the road here in Kinsale it is grey with very heavy snow flurries. Extremely poor visibility. This snow must be hugging the coast.

I'd say so. Bright skies here in the northside for the last hour. Only started snowing around 8:15 or so for around an hour. Looks like anywhere south of the river got a pasting. My wife said the roads out in Mahon are bad, but the it's fairly ok over this side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Trim firmly in the IOM shadow at the moment. Not a sausage since early morning, bright sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Wexford Town getting a fairly heavy shot of snow for the last 15 mins. Very windy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

About 5cm in Clontarf and a blizzard now. Road seems very glassy and treacherous.

Saw some clown out jogging, no hat no gloves

Text from work, office closed, bliss

I walked to the shop without a hat and gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,918 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Why would they need hat and gloves to jog? :confused:

The air being -3° and more like -8° with wind chill?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,748 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Few inches on the ground here in Laois, and heavy snow again the last few minutes - glad I stayed put today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Just a light bit of dusting up North. Birds are going crazy , have the seed put on the ground for them. And some water containers. Just wondering if they can see the water to take some?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Several claps of pretty loud thunder directly overhead from us now.

Haven't seen lightening, but I'm sure it's about too.

Also blizzard like conditions.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cnocbui wrote: »
    The air being -3° and more like -8° with wind chill?

Not that noticeable if you're warmed up from running though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Snowing heavily in Tallaght now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Several claps of pretty loud thunder directly overhead from us now.

Haven't seen lightening, but I'm sure it's about too.

Also blizzard like conditions.

Where are you?

I am in the IFSC in Dublin 1, and it has been snowing on and off since 9am. Sometimes it has been moderate, but mainly light.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement