Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamewek 28 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

stuba wrote: »
    Anyone care to reccomend a few players to replace Lingard. I have 7.8m to play with, I have Walcott, Salah, Sterling and Ibe already.

Arnautovic probably. Big hitter for his price

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m almost set on jones Sanchez and aguero out for Vvd mahrez and Kane
    Minus 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

km79 wrote: »
    I’m almost set on jones Sanchez and aguero out for Vvd mahrez and Kane
    Minus 4

Was just about to pull the trigger on Jones to VVD then decided to have a gawk in here first. I think I'll be following through on that later today.

Edit: If Heaton comes back in for Pope this weekend then that's my transfer for next week made too as I can then get a GK for GW 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jones -> Davies
    Aguero -> Kane

Think Spurs have better fixtures than the 2 Manchester Clubs. That will bring me up nicely to GW31 where if I keep my current team, I will have 11 outfielders and Elliot in goals who won't play so he will have to leave at some time.

Plan is then to wildcard after the week after this, or maybe just WC in GW35.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Why are people selling Sterling?....he’s in good form and it’s not as if Arsenal have a rock solid defence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Why are people selling Sterling?....he’s in good form and it’s not as if Arsenal have a rock solid defence.

Very timely post....ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

2 FTs: Sterling & Miki to Mahrez & Arnie. Seems ok? Miki has to go so maybe I roll one of the transfers and just get in Arnie this week and reassess next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bavies in for Jones.

Jones dropping and Bavies rising tonight by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Was wondering about that too. That miss against Burnley got a lot of coverage.

Maybe that's got into people's heads, somehow eclipsing the 25 goals/assists in 27 games spread regularly across the season.

Even FPL's 'form' metric (no idea) has him sixth behind only KDB, Salah, Hazard, Hat-trick Ramsey and never-gonna-sustain-it JWP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Gonna take a chance on either Davies or Trippier, as I will WC next week. Who's more likely to start do we think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Kane for Aguero as I can see Aguero being rotated now Jesus is back and Kane has some nicer fixtures.

I got Robertson in as well to add to my GW 31 starters

Howe on Defoe: "He's trained and I'm pleased with what we've seen, he's a natural goalscorer and we look forward to getting him back. Will he be in the 18 against Newcastle? You'll find out tomorrow!" https://t.co/tW1ogaQIav

This is making my transfers difficult
    Wilson game time now at risk coming into the week when he is needed most
    Been burnt by this last year with Bournemouth players !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Howe on Defoe: "He's trained and I'm pleased with what we've seen, he's a natural goalscorer and we look forward to getting him back. Will he be in the 18 against Newcastle? You'll find out tomorrow!" https://t.co/tW1ogaQIav

This is making my transfers difficult
    Wilson game time now at risk coming into the week when he is needed most
    Been burnt by this last year with Bournemouth players !

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/966962834528710656

Niasse might be a good replacement.

He could
    Or he like Wilson could have lost his place by the week he is really needed !
    Still not ruling out vardy kane firmino front line but then I can't get mahrez who I'd prefer and I'd have to go for someone like ibe
    Going to have a proper look later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

He could
    Or he like Wilson could have lost his place by the week he is really needed !
    Still not ruling out vardy kane firmino front line but then I can't get mahrez who I'd prefer and I'd have to go for someone like ibe
    Going to have a proper look later

How about Mounie? Have you seen their fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

How about Mounie? Have you seen their fixtures?

Mounie has Depoitre to contend with so no guarantee there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I could be wrong but is Niasse one of those players who it's very hard to have in your squad at the right time. Scores when you don't expect, lots of transfers in, form dips and loses place, lots of transfers out, regains place and scores when you don't expect, lots of transfers in, etc., etc., etc.

manual_man wrote: »
    I could be wrong but is Niasse one of those players who it's very hard to have in your squad at the right time. Scores when you don't expect, lots of transfers in, form dips and loses place, lots of transfers out, regains place and scores when you don't expect, lots of transfers in, etc., etc., etc.

Like Wilson !
    I’ll just stick and hope it works out for 31
    Gone then more than likely

Chris Wood could be for for burnleys double

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll be doing aguero to firmino and possibly Alonso to vvd or naughton.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was going to do Otamendi to VVD but may get rid of Jones now instead even though I only just got him back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I gave Jones the hee ho for Tripier. Could not afford Davies...but not happy with Tripiers lack of security of starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Kun to Kane is very probable.

May take a hit and go Sterling + Lingard to Mahrez and Ramsey (need him to drop to 6.9M tonight)

Alex Pritchard is tempting me too but having two Huddersfield attackers and no City is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Aguero Wilson Jones out
    Vardy Firmino Ake in
    Think there the safe bet Liverpool will be in a top 4 battle and Vardy has lovely fixtures. Ake decent fixtures with a game in 31 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Haven't looked at this but why are people getting rid of Kun? Last few posts have said he is going!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team:
    Pickford
    Jones, Stones, Duffy (Mariappa, Kenny)
    Chupo-Moting, Sterling, Salah, Walcott (Richarlison)
    Wilson, Kane Aguero

2 FTs and 1.3 mil in the bank. Any suggestions?

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team:
    Pickford
    Jones, Stones, Duffy (Mariappa, Kenny)
    Chupo-Moting, Sterling, Salah, Walcott (Richarlison)
    Wilson, Kane Aguero

2 FTs and 1.3 mil in the bank. Any suggestions?

Aguero to firmino
    Ricky to mahrez
    I know he has a game 31 but it's away to pool and be has no form whatsoever
    Maybe make a defensive transfer too!
    You could be short there this week
    ?

Right I'm defo doing Jones Sanchez aguero out
    VVd mahrez kane in for -4

Unless someone talks me out of it I'm also doing sterling to eriksen for another -4
    I'll only lose .2 on him if I decide to get him back later in season ........there are a few reason for it but mainly cos I'm going nowhere fast and I'm not going to move with the same team as everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Lemlin wrote: »
    Haven't looked at this but why are people getting rid of Kun? Last few posts have said he is going!

For me anyway, he is not a guaranteed starter, bad fixtures. Vardy and Firmino is the sensible option, I would keep Aguero in a heart beat if he was getting close to 80 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Right I'm defo doing Jones Sanchez aguero out
    VVd mahrez kane in for -4

Unless someone talks me out of it I'm also doing sterling to eriksen for another -4
    I'll only lose .2 on him if I decide to get him back later in season ........there are a few reason for it but mainly cos I'm going nowhere fast and I'm not going to move with the same team as everyone else
    I like your style. But what's the fascination for Mahrez it's vardy whos scoring lately. And Eriksen as scored in gw25

Beam me up Scotty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Was going to do Otamendi to VVD but may get rid of Jones now instead even though I only just got him back in.

Yeah same boat.

One more week with my beloved otter

Advertisement