Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamewek 28 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

893bet wrote: »
    Is VVD nailed on now? Or is robertson a cheaper equally nailed bet?

VVD is always nailed on. Only reason he does not play is because of injury. He is a safer option than Robertson for sure. Robertson "should" be nailed on, but with Klopp at the LB position it's never 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Mawson (5.0) Stephens (sou 4.5)

I already have Naughton for swans and don't fancy Southampton defence. I will wait until after the cup games to see if anyone emerges but at the moment I am swaying towards Trippier :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paully D wrote: »
    2 FT’s:

Alonso -> Van Djik
    Wilson -> Firmino

Might do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

sheroman01 wrote: »
    VVD is always nailed on. Only reason he does not play is because of injury. He is a safer option than Robertson for sure. Robertson "should" be nailed on, but with Klopp at the LB position it's never 100%.

I'd be a lot more confident bringing in Robertson after last night. I was worried he would be rotated around the 2nd leg v Porto, but I think its safe to assume Moreno will play that game and Robertson will get the league games around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd be a lot more confident bringing in Robertson after last night. I was worried he would be rotated around the 2nd leg v Porto, but I think its safe to assume Moreno will play that game and Robertson will get the league games around it.

Be silly to assume anything, Pep said he taking his home leg to Basil serious and I bet Klopp is the same.

Is anyone else very tempted to upgraded Walcott to Mane.
    I d have
    Courtois
    5.1 def Jones VVD
    Sterling Salah Mane Shaqiri
    Wilson Aguero Kane

Mane was lacking that bit of confidence and looks to be back in form.He is a great differential.

• Advertisement

Be silly to assume anything, Pep said he taking his home leg to Basil serious and I bet Klopp is the same.

There is no chance Klopp leaves Robertson out of the Newcastle game or risks him missing the Man Utd game, just to play him in a dead rubber.

It will be the same for VVD, Salah and Firmino. Possibly Mane too. They could be on the bench but no way they start the Porto game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My 2 cents on Liverpool as a long suffering fan –

VVD looks to be a savage signing from what I’ve seen so far but not convinced about his usefulness as a Fantasy asset tbh. I think he’s not up to 100% fitness yet so if there’s any doubt I think Klopp might rest him for some games

Obviously, I wouldn’t go anywhere near Lovren or Matip, and Gomez and TAA are too prone to rotation.

So that leaves Robertson as the only viable defensive option imho – I’ve had him for a few weeks now and feel he’s getting very close to an Alonso-esque haul…constantly taking up advanced positions, unlucky not to have a couple of assists last night and had a couple of half decent shots too iirc.

Karius looking increasingly nailed on too by the way – but probably not worth taking up a Liverpool spot for at this stage.

Re: Mane – although he got a hat-trick last night, I actually don’t think he played that well. His confidence has looked low in recent weeks – passing poorly and generally losing the ball when he shouldn’t be. Of course, that could all change after last night but up to now he doesn’t look to be at the same form level as Salah and Firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Cartman78 wrote: »
    My 2 cents on Liverpool as a long suffering fan –

VVD looks to be a savage signing from what I’ve seen so far but not convinced about his usefulness as a Fantasy asset tbh. I think he’s not up to 100% fitness yet so if there’s any doubt I think Klopp might rest him for some games

Obviously, I wouldn’t go anywhere near Lovren or Matip, and Gomez and TAA are too prone to rotation.

So that leaves Robertson as the only viable defensive option imho – I’ve had him for a few weeks now and feel he’s getting very close to an Alonso-esque haul…constantly taking up advanced positions, unlucky not to have a couple of assists last night and had a couple of half decent shots too iirc.

Karius looking increasingly nailed on too by the way – but probably not worth taking up a Liverpool spot for at this stage.

Re: Mane – although he got a hat-trick last night, I actually don’t think he played that well. His confidence has looked low in recent weeks – passing poorly and generally losing the ball when he shouldn’t be. Of course, that could all change after last night but up to now he doesn’t look to be at the same form level as Salah and Firmino

I'm looking at Karius and Robertson for Pool defence, would rather Robertson but I need to sell Pickford for my own sanity.

RE: VVD

Without being a bitter Southampton fan (honestly :D) I much rather that £75 million than a player that doens't want to be there.
    In fact I've been thinking about this for a few weeks before posting and my opinion hasn't changed.

VVD has been match fit the majority of the season, missed some games before Xmas, possibly when the move was already in motion.
    He was a liability in a lot of games for Southampton early this season, I put this down to him being disinterested and angling for a move.
    I couldn't believe they got that transfer fee for him.
    But the Liverpool games I've seen since he hasn't impressed me too much either to warrant spending 5.5 on him when there are cheaper options in the Pool defence.

No doubt on his day VVD is a great defender, but so was Lovren before he moved. Before he got injured before the League Cup final last year he looked immense.

Since then I'm not seeing it, he'll be a presence in the box at set pieces but I don't like to rely on a defender's attacking ability when paying a premium price. Even so 4 goals in 67 league appearances for Southampton doesn't scream prolific for a defender.
    Those 4 goals were scored in the 55 appearances in his first 2 seasons at the club when Southampton weren't struggling against relegation.

Also I seen posts suggesting he'd be taking free kicks. I don't recall him taking many at Southampton if any in his 2 and half seasons but open to correction on that. JWP, Tadic, Bertrand and even Yoshida has taken a few.

If he rediscovers his form I think he can be a option, but on his form this season and being 5.5, compared to other cheaper Liverpool defensive options he won't be making it anywhere near my team.

And I'll have to stress I've no ex-Southampton vendetta against VVD, I've had no problem buying the likes of Lallana, Mane, Chambers, Shaw, Clyne, Chamberlain, Puncheon, Nathan Dyer, Walcott and even Bale (:P) at various times since they were sold and were options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Ogbonna out van der Hoorn in. Same price (4.4) but better fixtures.

There is no chance Klopp leaves Robertson out of the Newcastle game or risks him missing the Man Utd game, just to play him in a dead rubber.

It will be the same for VVD, Salah and Firmino. Possibly Mane too. They could be on the bench but no way they start the Porto game.

When did I say he leaves Robertson out of the Newcastle match.
    I'd go the other way and say all those players will play bar one. Play the first half and get the game done and then make subs.

• Advertisement

When did I say he leaves Robertson out of the Newcastle match.
    I'd go the other way and say all those players will play bar one. Play the first half and get the game done and then make subs.

Well, the whole purpose of the discussion was whether Robertson is nailed on. Playing him v Porto makes him less nailed on for the Newcastle game, which is why he won’t play the Porto game!

Klopp would be mad to risk his front 3 in the CL game. They are 5 up, there is no chance they don’t qualify. The tie is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Well, the whole purpose of the discussion was whether Robertson is nailed on. Playing him v Porto makes him less nailed on for the Newcastle game, which is why he won’t play the Porto game!

Klopp would be mad to risk his front 3 in the CL game. They are 5 up, there is no chance they don’t qualify. The tie is done.

James Milner might not agree with you
    https://twitter.com/boringmilner/status/963890211150327808

I agree with your sentiment, especially as a fan myself, but I don’t think Klopp will see it that way.

I predict he’ll start with 9 or 10 of the same players in the second leg that started the first leg.

I hope I’m wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Approximately when do you guys think VVD with start taking the direct free kicks, corners and penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,181 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Approximately when do you guys think VVD with start taking the direct free kicks, corners and penalties?

Somehow I think that 6'4" VVD who is a beast in the air at set pieces, both attacking and defending, will not be taking corners as he will be better use actually getting on the end of them! :pac:

I think a Saints fan posted earlier in one of the threads that he rarely took free-kicks for them. Even though Coutinho has left and he was the principle free-kick taker, I think there is still a hierarchy for free-kick taking at Liverpool with Milner, Salah, Firmino, Moreno, Henderson, TAA for shooting on goal. And the above point for crossing into the box free kicks. That said, I would have him taking free kicks for shooting on goal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FitzShane wrote: »
    Somehow I think that 6'4" VVD who is a beast in the air at set pieces, both attacking and defending, will not be taking corners as he will be better use actually getting on the end of them! :pac:

I think a Saints fan posted earlier in one of the threads that he rarely took free-kicks for them. Even though Coutinho has left and he was the principle free-kick taker, I think there is still a hierarchy for free-kick taking at Liverpool with Milner, Salah, Firmino, Moreno, Henderson, TAA for shooting on goal. And the above point for crossing into the box free kicks. That said, I would have him taking free kicks for shooting on goal.

I want VVD nowhere except in the box for set pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Tomkins or Ogbonna to go before next week have Gomez Otamendi and Mee

Who to get in either pool or stoke? Only 1ft so not easy to do

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

VVD is worth the price IMO.

he's nailed on.
    is a threat at set pieces.

there is nobody else in that Liverpool defence that is nailed on to the point where you wouldn't be nervous on a weekly basis as to whether they'd start.

Liverpool defensively are never a sure thing. VVD is improving things somewhat (we'd have let in a goal against Southampton without, for instance).

i've done Alonso ---> VVD already, so I may be biased, but i think it's a worthwhile shot. Alonso could still be nailed, but Conte has more options at LWB than ever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I reckon right around the 12th

of never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

SlickRic wrote: »
    VVD is worth the price IMO.

he's nailed on.
    is a threat at set pieces.

there is nobody else in that Liverpool defence that is nailed on to the point where you wouldn't be nervous on a weekly basis as to whether they'd start.

Liverpool defensively are never a sure thing. VVD is improving things somewhat (we'd have let in a goal against Southampton without, for instance).

i've done Alonso ---> VVD already, so I may be biased, but i think it's a worthwhile shot. Alonso could still be nailed, but Conte has more options at LWB than ever now.

Good shout... might swap Otamendi perhaps for him and gives me .5 more to play with also

• Advertisement

So Jesus is back, Kane is a doubt and what's going on with Alonso?

I think Aguero probably has one more game left before rotation. Could just drop Alonso so for Monrail and upgrade Walcott to Mane and then do Aguero to Auybaumayang the week after

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Have enough to do Mawson/Son to Fernandez/Mahrez, would love to get Mahrez in for the next 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Lot of Mahrez love.

I'm thinking Shaqiri/Alonso to Mahrez/Robertson.

Madness to dump Shaqiri?
    His fixtures look like taking a turn for the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lot of Mahrez love.

I'm thinking Shaqiri/Alonso to Mahrez/Robertson.

Madness to dump Shaqiri?
    His fixtures look like taking a turn for the worse.

Shaq has a fixture in GW31. that's the only reason to keep him as the fixtures do turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Thinking Bavies for Alonso, Spurs favourable fixture in 31

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thinking Bavies for Alonso, Spurs favourable fixture in 31

Odds are they won't have a fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

km79 wrote: »
    Odds are they won't have a fixture

oh right...for some reason I thought this was all confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

De Gea

VVD, Naughton, Hegazi

Sterling, Shaqiri, Doucure, Salah, Walcott

Aguero, Kane

Bench: Quaner, Zanka, Holgate

Stick or twist? Would like to do:

Aguero/Walcott to Firminho/Mahrez

but probably a good gamweek to bank a transfer with the carnage that's on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Stones to VVD done. Might take a hit for Kun to Firmino but will wait till later in the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone care to reccomend a few players to replace Lingard. I have 7.8m to play with, I have Walcott, Salah, Sterling and Ibe already.

Advertisement