Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

JamboMac wrote: »
    Nope, Matt Reaves is.

No official word on if Affleck is going to be in it at all either. Speculation goes both ways on it. Seems to be be Reaves wants to set it in the 80s or 90s with a younger batman and there is some speculation that it could be a younger version of the Afflect Batman, with Affleck having some sort of role setting the story up.

Who could play a young batman? Can't think of any young actor in his 20's that could do it.

I heard rumours that they wanted Jake Gyllenhal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They could always go back to the original George Miller version from aeons ago, and hire Arnie Hammer...

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I have watched this three times now.

It has to be the worst superheroes film ever. No sense at all why anyone does anything.
    Not related to comics much.
    Superman is so over powered. CGI if superman so much that it ruins the rest of the scenes. Dodgy accent for re shoots.
    No coherent plot, at all.

Only good bit was I met Michael Melhatton at the weekend in IKEA and Even he said it was rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Only good bit was I met Michael Melhatton at the weekend in IKEA and Even he said it was rubbish.

Ouch!! I can imagine he was ridiculously overpaid for that brief cameo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Ouch!! I can imagine he was ridiculously overpaid for that brief cameo.

He was actually quite good in it. Hopefully lead to bigger roles for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I heard rumours that they wanted Jake Gyllenhal.

He's nearly 40! ... and would be by the time a Batman movie involving him is released. Not a great choice if they're going down the "young Batman" route. I mean... he's not that much younger than Ben Affleck... even more so when you consider its over 2 years since Affleck shot BvS as "old Batman".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A lot of it made no sense Superman didn't need the lightning to come back to life why did the dirt rise at the end of BvS? No mention of Lois being the key yet Batman uses her as the anchor for Supermans humanity the montage of Steppenwolfs first battle and the whole mother box just crapped all over anything from the comics, worse than Superman Returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

A lot of it made no sense Superman didn't need the lightning to come back to life why did the dirt rise at the end of BvS?
    The dirt rise was to signify a heartbeat.Telling the audience that Superman was not dead.In other lore Superman can have a heart rate once every 30 mins/days (can't remember the exact amount) when regenerating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

rtron wrote: »
    A lot of it made no sense Superman didn't need the lightning to come back to life why did the dirt rise at the end of BvS?
    The dirt rise was to signify a heartbeat.Telling the audience that Superman was not dead.In other lore Superman can have a heart rate once every 30 mins/days (can't remember the exact amount) when regenerating.

But he didn't regenerate nor was he in the process of regeneration, he was dead. The earth rising at the end of BVS makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The JL blu-ray bonus scenes will only be an extra 1 minute & 51 seconds.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-deleted-scenes-runtime/

So much for the badly needed "15" minutes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭techdiver

The JL blu-ray bonus scenes will only be an extra 1 minute & 51 seconds.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-deleted-scenes-runtime/

So much for the badly needed "15" minutes. :(

Sounds like WB know they ****ed up the movie with their bull**** meddling and want to bury any
    remanence of the original film or its story.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

techdiver wrote: »
    Sounds like WB know they ****ed up the movie with their bull**** meddling and want to bury any
    remanence of the original film or its story.

Agreed...

I really enjoyed Snyder’s universe, WB tried to hard to appeal to the masses that really want them to be the exact same as marvel and ended up with the worst movie of the franchise.

I'm past the frustration at this stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't think it's as cut and dry as sniffing that the studio are trying to bury Synder's version; the whole appearance of Whedon only came to pass because of the awful tragedy that befell Synder and his wife. Maybe in time there'll be an alternative cut but IIRC we don't know how complete Synders version was, how much Whedon rewrote, and I'd be surprised if he was willing to revisit something that was part of a very tragic, terrible time in his life.

I don't think anyone can really say for certain what happened. It's a shame really. There's the makings of an award winning documentary somewhere in the vaults of WB that will never see the light of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Here's a deleted scene.

Don't think there's a black suit there, looks like his normal suit and Zod's armour to me.

Will say this however......ain't it good to hear Zimmer's score again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Here's a deleted scene.

Don't think there's a black suit there, looks like his normal suit and Zod's armour to me.

Will say this however......ain't it good to hear Zimmer's score again.

That was a lovely scene. I’m so disappointed that it was not 100% Snyder movie because bits like this could of replaced the likes of the Russian family in the House crap!

Doh never mind. Took a screenshot and zoomed in....black suit alright. I'm blind. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just watched tonight for the first time. Much better than batman versus superman.. Wonder woman is solid and the others to.. I thought cyborg would be naff but was grand and enjoyed Miller as the flash.. Probably felt a bit short..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

I have watched this three times now.

It has to be the worst superheroes film ever.

I don't know one person who hates a movie but will watch it 2 more times...bit baffling really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Some of these photos of Cavill's CGI'd out moustache are cracking me up

supermans-cgi-mouth-henry-cavill-justice-league-2.jpg

supermans-cgi-mouth-henry-cavill-justice-league-8.jpg

supermans-cgi-mouth-henry-cavill-justice-league-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The thing that kills me here is that it had such a detrimental effect on the film. surely it would have been better to abandon any cavill reshoots and go with the original plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Watched this tonight. It's a decent film, better than BvS. Never noticed Superman's cgi lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Wait.... WHAT?! Why are they CGIing his lip? did he eat a grenade?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This showed up on my youtube
    Justice League (2017)
    Clip: Superman vs Justice League
    Rescored Audio Track "AB Director": https://www.youtube.com/user/ABdirector
    Music: Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL (Man of Steel OST 2013)

Music feels like it works in the screen

nix wrote: »
    Wait.... WHAT?! Why are they CGIing his lip? did he eat a grenade?

Long story short: when the justice league reshoots started, Henry Cavill was off filming the latest Mission Impossible movie. Part of his contract for that stipulated he had to have a fully grown moustache (seriously ) and Paramount refused to allow Cavill to shave it for the reshoots. Thus he played superman with it intact, Warners having to hire some CGI artists to airbrush out the soup strainer in post production. With ludicrous results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Slydice wrote: »
    This showed up on my youtube

Music feels like it works in the screen

That scene is unreal , the movie is like, a few really good scenes with poo holding them together

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

mightyreds wrote: »
    That scene is unreal , the movie is like, a few really good scenes with poo holding them together

I had to do a double take... yes I wrote 'screen' when I meant 'scene' :o:):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Slydice wrote: »
    I had to do a double take... yes I wrote 'screen' when I meant 'scene' :o:):rolleyes:

LOL yeah I was a bit lost at that sentence, never even crossed my mind it meant scene:pac:

Advertisement