Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamewek 28 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

dahat wrote: »
    How is Ben Davies fixed at Spurs? Is he likely to be rotated with fixtures starting to pile up again?

He's the most popular signing this week so far, so looks like there are a good number betting on him keeping his place. Sold him only because of rotation myself previously and would have been better holding on to him because he has got more points than the replacement I brought in. He's out of my budget for this week and thinking myself of swapping Jones to Trippier. Does anyone know if Aurier is likely to be coming back in? Also considering getting in Naughton or Fernandez from Swansea? Any advice welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Alonso out, VVD in, Lingard out, anyone else in, him and Maherz in a couple of weeks ago were easily my worst transfers this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

dahat wrote: »
    How is Ben Davies fixed at Spurs? Is he likely to be rotated with fixtures starting to pile up again?

There’s always a massive danger with both Bavies and Trippier. When they start to look nailed on the rotation begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Have 2 Fts
    Looking like
    Pickford
    Lingard
    Alonso
    Out for -4

In: who knows

With Chelsea having Utd and Chelsea in next 2 and his price likely to drop. Then buy him back on WC depending on their doubles.

I might go down to a defender at 4.5 or less and then upgrade Lingard to a nailed on premium MF.

Have a bad feeling I'm going to end up being left with Pickford for another week. To avoid the -4.
    And if I do I'll probably keep him until the gw31 blanks.
    I really do not want to own him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Alonso out, VVD in as Davies is risky.

Possible move to Aguero lined up but that involves a total - 8 whereas I could do Sanchez to KDB saving a - 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Invincible

What's the thoughts on Mahrez? Will he regain that form?

Need a MF under 8.7m as a Firmino makeweight

Arnautovic

Mahrez a risk, until he gains favour

A) Alonso and J Ayew to Mariappa and Kane for -4
    or
    B) Alonso, Lingard and J Ayew to a 5.5m Def, Milivojevic and Kane for -8

Option A probably needs to be done tonight (no wiggle room on price) while option B can wait a few days.

Have the WC as backup if I take an early hit and things go wrong.

Postives of Option A = only a 4pt hit, Mariappa plays GW 31
    Negatives of option A= leaves a budget defence and useless Lingard losing value

Positives of Option B= a decent defender in place of Alonso and the simplicity of rotating Allen and Mili week on week (Other attackers being Salah, Sterling, Walcott, Aguero, Kane, Firmino). Good chance of Mili playing in GW31
    Negatives of option B: losing 4 extra points

A) Alonso and J Ayew to Mariappa and Kane for -4
    or
    B) Alonso, Lingard and J Ayew to a 5.5m Def, Milivojevic and Kane for -8

Option A probably needs to be done tonight (no wiggle room on price) while option B can wait a few days.

Have the WC as backup if I take an early hit and things go wrong.

Postives of Option A = only a 4pt hit, Mariappa plays GW 31
    Negatives of option A= leaves a budget defence and useless Lingard losing value

Positives of Option B= a decent defender in place of Alonso and the simplicity of rotating Allen and Mili week on week (Other attackers being Salah, Sterling, Walcott, Aguero, Kane, Firmino). Good chance of Mili playing in GW31
    Negatives of option B: losing 4 extra points

Option B
    4 pts more is small change.

Invincible wrote: »
    Option B

And despite what I said just 3 posts above, I'll probably bring in Trippier as my Alonso replacement.
    Can't resist Trippier :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Thinking Pogba out for a cheapy, and then getting Vardy in for Quaner. Leicester have some tidy fixtures coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,798 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Invincible wrote: »
    Option B

while it might be small change overall, in a tight LMS every point counts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Courtois for Lloris.

Lingard for a < 6.3m mid - Gross or Shaqiri, unsure. Would love Arnautavic if I could feasibly fit him in.

Ace2007 wrote: »

:)

Option B is committed to as I've just done Lingard to Mili. Lingard might fall tonight and Mili is off on a fortnight holiday so there is little to lose there.

I'll probably lose 0.1 on Alonso tonight but I'll leave the other two transfers to see if Kane and Trippier come through the CL tomorrow night (and in Trips case somehow judge if he is likely nailed on in the league).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So, it's time to get Hazard in again, right guys?

:pac:

Ace2007 wrote: »

Have to speculate to accumulate :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

just a reminder that if city draw with wigan. City arsenal will have a blank this gw. This is not a gw for early transfers with european football, the info we will get about blanks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Am I made to get rid of Otamendi AND Alonso? Who to bring in considering garanteed players and potential DGWs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Am I made to get rid of Otamendi AND Alonso? Who to bring in considering garanteed players and potential DGWs?

No they are both now tying up too much value imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

km79 wrote: »
    No they are both now tying up too much value imo

Plus based on form, kinda what I am thinking. But with 2 FTs, thinking getting rid of one for GW28, replace a midfeilder, and for GW29, replace the other. Think am going to have to try and hold off till after the Cups Games.

Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Had a monster score of 128 this gw but have 2FT so not sure what to do.

Adrian-Elliot
    Alonso-Dunk-Ogbonna-Dummet-Chilwell
    Salah-Hazard-Sterling-Shaqiri-Sobhi
    Aguero Kane Niasse

Firmino has been killing me in money league so I'd like to get him in. But to do that I need to drop a premium from the front 7.

Alonso needs to go and the GK situation isn't great.

Any advice?
    0.1m

One idea was Alonso-Sterling-Niasse to Firmino-Robertson-Arnoutovic.
    But thats a -4 and after a big score seems daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Had a monster score of 128 this gw but have 2FT so not sure what to do.

Adrian-Elliot
    Alonso-Dunk-Ogbonna-Dummet-Chilwell
    Salah-Hazard-Sterling-Shaqiri-Sobhi
    Aguero Kane Niasse

Firmino has been killing me in money league so I'd like to get him in. But to do that I need to drop a premium from the front 7.

Alonso needs to go and the GK situation isn't great.

Any advice?
    0.1m

One idea was Alonso-Sterling-Niasse to Firmino-Robertson-Arnoutovic.
    But thats a -4 and after a big score seems daft.

I'd probably wait until after champions league and fa cup games and barring injuries do the Alonso to Robertson transfer, maybe hold off on the other 2 till next gw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'd probably wait until after champions league and fa cup games and barring injuries do the Alonso to Robertson transfer, maybe hold off on the other 2 till next gw

Would you say Robertson is fairly nailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I would have thought so at this stage, but with klopp and with fixtures building up, it might be a slight risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

As a Liverpool fan and a Robertson owner, I certainly hope so.

He's far from perfect but has become a bit of a cult hero and the alternative is the human headless chicken known as Alberto Moreno

Best Defender 5.5m or under for the next 4/5 weeks?

Getting rid of Alonso, I have Gomez, Mee, Chilwell and Naughton (Foster in Goals).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Getting rid of Alonso, I have Gomez, Mee, Chilwell and Naughton (Foster in Goals).

Im looking at getting Mcguire from Leicester and then upgrading mid or forwards wouldn't mind Vardy or Firmino .Vardy would be a nice differential. Nice fixtures.
    Thoughts ?

Im looking at getting Mcguire from Leicester and then upgrading mid or forwards wouldn't mind Vardy or Firmino .Vardy would be a nice differential. Nice fixtures.
    Thoughts ?

He'd be an option for me if didn't already have Chilwell (don't ask!).
    Also Leicester wont have a game in GW31 if they beat Sheffield UTD in the cup at the weekend.

He'd be an option for me if didn't already have Chilwell (don't ask!).
    Also Leicester wont have a game in GW31 if they beat Sheffield UTD in the cup at the weekend.

Great spot,I might swerve aswell as don't have a free hit or WC and need to be preparing for that now.I might drop Alonso for some one and then get Robertson as a bench player for GW31 I have VVD aswell so not sure I want to double up every game week.
    I have 2 FT so have options,but won't be transferring anyone any time soon.Just window shopping.
    I think it a tough game week coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Great spot,I might swerve aswell as don't have a free hit or WC and need to be preparing for that now.I might drop Alonso for some one and then get Robertson as a bench player for GW31 I have VVD aswell so not sure I want to double up every game week.
    I have 2 FT so have options,but won't be transferring anyone any time soon.Just window shopping.

There was a warning posted somewhere (the DGW Planning thread probably) and other posts about being over-stacked/prepared for BGW31 for those without a WC/FH chip.

I'd aim for Salah and 5 others max to help you navigate the run-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I wouldn’t double up on Liverpool defence. It rules out a Salah/Firmino double up in GW31

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    I wouldn’t double up on Liverpool defence. It rules out a Salah/Firmino double up in GW31

I think that's what I'll do aswell.Aguero will have to go at some stage with Jesus nearly back , but it's a hard transfer as he's doing so well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan and a Robertson owner, I certainly hope so.

He's far from perfect but has become a bit of a cult hero and the alternative is the human headless chicken known as Alberto Moreno

Seems like a normal bloke to me

PAY-Alberto-Moreno-walks-his-dog-whilst-riding-a-segway.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Mawson (5.0) Stephens (sou 4.5)

Beam me up Scotty.

Not convinced Stephens is nailed on. Yosihida is on the bench in direct competion. Hoedt was at fault for both Liverpool goals as the weekend. It'll be 2 of those 3 CBs for the run in.

If you want a Southamtpon defendaer as always Cedric (4.7) is your man. No real competition for RB. Pied had been told her free to leave the club in the summer.

They have a good run of games now don't think I'll be touching any of their players and clean sheets aren't as easy to come by at last few seasons.

Mawson (5.0) is a good attacking threat, if I was going with Swansea defender, id go for their cheaper options. Mawson can't score every week, he's not Monreal :P

Other options

I have Francis (4.3) , Danny Simpson (4.3) and Mariappa (4.1) as my budget defenders.
    Francis is nailed on, but likes a yellow card and not fond of clean sheets.
    I think Simpson is too and there was just a change in tactics against Man City. Change in formation suggests this.
    Mariappa has been starting last few games but I'd wouldn't want to be relying on him long term.

Stoke, Liverpool, Palace, Burnley have sub-5.0 options also.
    Stoke and Liverpool are playing in Gw31 for definite.

Newcastle's Dummett (4.2) has been on my watchlist for weeks. Looking to get him in if I ever have a spare transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »

I thought that was a goat for a minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just in case ye are pricing things Mawson is now 5.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »

I thought that was a goat for a minute!

You are seeing the goat. Walking his dog on a segway.

Mane is in the mix now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2 FT’s:

Alonso -> Van Djik
    Wilson -> Firmino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭893bet

Is VVD nailed on now? Or is robertson a cheaper equally nailed bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

893bet wrote: »
    Is VVD nailed on now? Or is robertson a cheaper equally nailed bet?

VVD is always nailed on. Only reason he does not play is because of injury. He is a safer option than Robertson for sure. Robertson "should" be nailed on, but with Klopp at the LB position it's never 100%.

I already have Naughton for swans and don't fancy Southampton defence. I will wait until after the cup games to see if anyone emerges but at the moment I am swaying towards Trippier :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paully D wrote: »
    2 FT’s:

Alonso -> Van Djik
    Wilson -> Firmino

Might do the same

sheroman01 wrote: »
    VVD is always nailed on. Only reason he does not play is because of injury. He is a safer option than Robertson for sure. Robertson "should" be nailed on, but with Klopp at the LB position it's never 100%.

I'd be a lot more confident bringing in Robertson after last night. I was worried he would be rotated around the 2nd leg v Porto, but I think its safe to assume Moreno will play that game and Robertson will get the league games around it.

I'd be a lot more confident bringing in Robertson after last night. I was worried he would be rotated around the 2nd leg v Porto, but I think its safe to assume Moreno will play that game and Robertson will get the league games around it.

Be silly to assume anything, Pep said he taking his home leg to Basil serious and I bet Klopp is the same.

Is anyone else very tempted to upgraded Walcott to Mane.
    I d have
    Courtois
    5.1 def Jones VVD
    Sterling Salah Mane Shaqiri
    Wilson Aguero Kane

Mane was lacking that bit of confidence and looks to be back in form.He is a great differential.

• Advertisement

Be silly to assume anything, Pep said he taking his home leg to Basil serious and I bet Klopp is the same.

There is no chance Klopp leaves Robertson out of the Newcastle game or risks him missing the Man Utd game, just to play him in a dead rubber.

It will be the same for VVD, Salah and Firmino. Possibly Mane too. They could be on the bench but no way they start the Porto game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My 2 cents on Liverpool as a long suffering fan –

VVD looks to be a savage signing from what I’ve seen so far but not convinced about his usefulness as a Fantasy asset tbh. I think he’s not up to 100% fitness yet so if there’s any doubt I think Klopp might rest him for some games

Obviously, I wouldn’t go anywhere near Lovren or Matip, and Gomez and TAA are too prone to rotation.

So that leaves Robertson as the only viable defensive option imho – I’ve had him for a few weeks now and feel he’s getting very close to an Alonso-esque haul…constantly taking up advanced positions, unlucky not to have a couple of assists last night and had a couple of half decent shots too iirc.

Karius looking increasingly nailed on too by the way – but probably not worth taking up a Liverpool spot for at this stage.

Re: Mane – although he got a hat-trick last night, I actually don’t think he played that well. His confidence has looked low in recent weeks – passing poorly and generally losing the ball when he shouldn’t be. Of course, that could all change after last night but up to now he doesn’t look to be at the same form level as Salah and Firmino

Cartman78 wrote: »
    My 2 cents on Liverpool as a long suffering fan –

VVD looks to be a savage signing from what I’ve seen so far but not convinced about his usefulness as a Fantasy asset tbh. I think he’s not up to 100% fitness yet so if there’s any doubt I think Klopp might rest him for some games

Obviously, I wouldn’t go anywhere near Lovren or Matip, and Gomez and TAA are too prone to rotation.

So that leaves Robertson as the only viable defensive option imho – I’ve had him for a few weeks now and feel he’s getting very close to an Alonso-esque haul…constantly taking up advanced positions, unlucky not to have a couple of assists last night and had a couple of half decent shots too iirc.

Karius looking increasingly nailed on too by the way – but probably not worth taking up a Liverpool spot for at this stage.

Re: Mane – although he got a hat-trick last night, I actually don’t think he played that well. His confidence has looked low in recent weeks – passing poorly and generally losing the ball when he shouldn’t be. Of course, that could all change after last night but up to now he doesn’t look to be at the same form level as Salah and Firmino

I'm looking at Karius and Robertson for Pool defence, would rather Robertson but I need to sell Pickford for my own sanity.

RE: VVD

Without being a bitter Southampton fan (honestly :D) I much rather that £75 million than a player that doens't want to be there.
    In fact I've been thinking about this for a few weeks before posting and my opinion hasn't changed.

VVD has been match fit the majority of the season, missed some games before Xmas, possibly when the move was already in motion.
    He was a liability in a lot of games for Southampton early this season, I put this down to him being disinterested and angling for a move.
    I couldn't believe they got that transfer fee for him.
    But the Liverpool games I've seen since he hasn't impressed me too much either to warrant spending 5.5 on him when there are cheaper options in the Pool defence.

No doubt on his day VVD is a great defender, but so was Lovren before he moved. Before he got injured before the League Cup final last year he looked immense.

Since then I'm not seeing it, he'll be a presence in the box at set pieces but I don't like to rely on a defender's attacking ability when paying a premium price. Even so 4 goals in 67 league appearances for Southampton doesn't scream prolific for a defender.
    Those 4 goals were scored in the 55 appearances in his first 2 seasons at the club when Southampton weren't struggling against relegation.

Also I seen posts suggesting he'd be taking free kicks. I don't recall him taking many at Southampton if any in his 2 and half seasons but open to correction on that. JWP, Tadic, Bertrand and even Yoshida has taken a few.

If he rediscovers his form I think he can be a option, but on his form this season and being 5.5, compared to other cheaper Liverpool defensive options he won't be making it anywhere near my team.

And I'll have to stress I've no ex-Southampton vendetta against VVD, I've had no problem buying the likes of Lallana, Mane, Chambers, Shaw, Clyne, Chamberlain, Puncheon, Nathan Dyer, Walcott and even Bale (:P) at various times since they were sold and were options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Ogbonna out van der Hoorn in. Same price (4.4) but better fixtures.

There is no chance Klopp leaves Robertson out of the Newcastle game or risks him missing the Man Utd game, just to play him in a dead rubber.

It will be the same for VVD, Salah and Firmino. Possibly Mane too. They could be on the bench but no way they start the Porto game.

When did I say he leaves Robertson out of the Newcastle match.
    I'd go the other way and say all those players will play bar one. Play the first half and get the game done and then make subs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement