Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamewek 28 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Invincible wrote: »
    Option B
    4 pts more is small change.

while it might be small change overall, in a tight LMS every point counts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Courtois for Lloris.

Lingard for a < 6.3m mid - Gross or Shaqiri, unsure. Would love Arnautavic if I could feasibly fit him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Ace2007 wrote: »

:)

Option B is committed to as I've just done Lingard to Mili. Lingard might fall tonight and Mili is off on a fortnight holiday so there is little to lose there.

I'll probably lose 0.1 on Alonso tonight but I'll leave the other two transfers to see if Kane and Trippier come through the CL tomorrow night (and in Trips case somehow judge if he is likely nailed on in the league).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So, it's time to get Hazard in again, right guys?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ace2007 wrote: »

Have to speculate to accumulate :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

just a reminder that if city draw with wigan. City arsenal will have a blank this gw. This is not a gw for early transfers with european football, the info we will get about blanks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Am I made to get rid of Otamendi AND Alonso? Who to bring in considering garanteed players and potential DGWs?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Am I made to get rid of Otamendi AND Alonso? Who to bring in considering garanteed players and potential DGWs?

No they are both now tying up too much value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

km79 wrote: »
    No they are both now tying up too much value imo

Plus based on form, kinda what I am thinking. But with 2 FTs, thinking getting rid of one for GW28, replace a midfeilder, and for GW29, replace the other. Think am going to have to try and hold off till after the Cups Games.

Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Had a monster score of 128 this gw but have 2FT so not sure what to do.

Adrian-Elliot
    Alonso-Dunk-Ogbonna-Dummet-Chilwell
    Salah-Hazard-Sterling-Shaqiri-Sobhi
    Aguero Kane Niasse

Firmino has been killing me in money league so I'd like to get him in. But to do that I need to drop a premium from the front 7.

Alonso needs to go and the GK situation isn't great.

Any advice?
    0.1m

One idea was Alonso-Sterling-Niasse to Firmino-Robertson-Arnoutovic.
    But thats a -4 and after a big score seems daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Had a monster score of 128 this gw but have 2FT so not sure what to do.

Adrian-Elliot
    Alonso-Dunk-Ogbonna-Dummet-Chilwell
    Salah-Hazard-Sterling-Shaqiri-Sobhi
    Aguero Kane Niasse

Firmino has been killing me in money league so I'd like to get him in. But to do that I need to drop a premium from the front 7.

Alonso needs to go and the GK situation isn't great.

Any advice?
    0.1m

One idea was Alonso-Sterling-Niasse to Firmino-Robertson-Arnoutovic.
    But thats a -4 and after a big score seems daft.

I'd probably wait until after champions league and fa cup games and barring injuries do the Alonso to Robertson transfer, maybe hold off on the other 2 till next gw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'd probably wait until after champions league and fa cup games and barring injuries do the Alonso to Robertson transfer, maybe hold off on the other 2 till next gw

Would you say Robertson is fairly nailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I would have thought so at this stage, but with klopp and with fixtures building up, it might be a slight risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

As a Liverpool fan and a Robertson owner, I certainly hope so.

He's far from perfect but has become a bit of a cult hero and the alternative is the human headless chicken known as Alberto Moreno

Best Defender 5.5m or under for the next 4/5 weeks?

Getting rid of Alonso, I have Gomez, Mee, Chilwell and Naughton (Foster in Goals).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Getting rid of Alonso, I have Gomez, Mee, Chilwell and Naughton (Foster in Goals).

Im looking at getting Mcguire from Leicester and then upgrading mid or forwards wouldn't mind Vardy or Firmino .Vardy would be a nice differential. Nice fixtures.
    Thoughts ?

Im looking at getting Mcguire from Leicester and then upgrading mid or forwards wouldn't mind Vardy or Firmino .Vardy would be a nice differential. Nice fixtures.
    Thoughts ?

He'd be an option for me if didn't already have Chilwell (don't ask!).
    Also Leicester wont have a game in GW31 if they beat Sheffield UTD in the cup at the weekend.

He'd be an option for me if didn't already have Chilwell (don't ask!).
    Also Leicester wont have a game in GW31 if they beat Sheffield UTD in the cup at the weekend.

Great spot,I might swerve aswell as don't have a free hit or WC and need to be preparing for that now.I might drop Alonso for some one and then get Robertson as a bench player for GW31 I have VVD aswell so not sure I want to double up every game week.
    I have 2 FT so have options,but won't be transferring anyone any time soon.Just window shopping.
    I think it a tough game week coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Great spot,I might swerve aswell as don't have a free hit or WC and need to be preparing for that now.I might drop Alonso for some one and then get Robertson as a bench player for GW31 I have VVD aswell so not sure I want to double up every game week.
    I have 2 FT so have options,but won't be transferring anyone any time soon.Just window shopping.

There was a warning posted somewhere (the DGW Planning thread probably) and other posts about being over-stacked/prepared for BGW31 for those without a WC/FH chip.

I'd aim for Salah and 5 others max to help you navigate the run-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I wouldn’t double up on Liverpool defence. It rules out a Salah/Firmino double up in GW31

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    I wouldn’t double up on Liverpool defence. It rules out a Salah/Firmino double up in GW31

I think that's what I'll do aswell.Aguero will have to go at some stage with Jesus nearly back , but it's a hard transfer as he's doing so well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan and a Robertson owner, I certainly hope so.

He's far from perfect but has become a bit of a cult hero and the alternative is the human headless chicken known as Alberto Moreno

Seems like a normal bloke to me

PAY-Alberto-Moreno-walks-his-dog-whilst-riding-a-segway.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭student7890

Mawson (5.0) Stephens (sou 4.5)

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Not convinced Stephens is nailed on. Yosihida is on the bench in direct competion. Hoedt was at fault for both Liverpool goals as the weekend. It'll be 2 of those 3 CBs for the run in.

If you want a Southamtpon defendaer as always Cedric (4.7) is your man. No real competition for RB. Pied had been told her free to leave the club in the summer.

They have a good run of games now don't think I'll be touching any of their players and clean sheets aren't as easy to come by at last few seasons.

Mawson (5.0) is a good attacking threat, if I was going with Swansea defender, id go for their cheaper options. Mawson can't score every week, he's not Monreal :P

Other options

I have Francis (4.3) , Danny Simpson (4.3) and Mariappa (4.1) as my budget defenders.
    Francis is nailed on, but likes a yellow card and not fond of clean sheets.
    I think Simpson is too and there was just a change in tactics against Man City. Change in formation suggests this.
    Mariappa has been starting last few games but I'd wouldn't want to be relying on him long term.

Stoke, Liverpool, Palace, Burnley have sub-5.0 options also.
    Stoke and Liverpool are playing in Gw31 for definite.

Newcastle's Dummett (4.2) has been on my watchlist for weeks. Looking to get him in if I ever have a spare transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »

I thought that was a goat for a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just in case ye are pricing things Mawson is now 5.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »

I thought that was a goat for a minute!

You are seeing the goat. Walking his dog on a segway.

Mane is in the mix now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2 FT’s:

Alonso -> Van Djik
    Wilson -> Firmino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭893bet

Is VVD nailed on now? Or is robertson a cheaper equally nailed bet?

Advertisement