Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Hopefully you get more choices of allocations than us

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

I’ll just be happy to get the phone call again

Haha true, I’m not going to lie was disappointed when we were given the choices

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

That bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

recruit099 wrote: »
    def not good ,Im struggling to pick one let alone maybey 4

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I heard they are restruciting the choices as they really need to fill bids in certain areas

Restricting*

no idea why that went up three times and I can't seem to delete it
    sorry guys

• Advertisement

Guessing there are no belfast choices yet Derry and Strabane are on it 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Skinofmyteeth

As per pack. At induction students will be notified of district allocation at induction.. But then it asks you take make up to 4 available choices - slightly confused??

As per pack. At induction students will be notified of district allocation at induction.. But then it asks you take make up to 4 available choices - slightly confused??

We pick up to four each carrying the same weighting so example you pick A and D they are equal and have no preference over each other but you are also not gaurenteed each of them.

Hopefully this makes it abit easier

saying there all equal would it make sense to make just one preference? would say the choice is already made anyway

More or less if you like the look of 3 there’s more of a chance you will get one of them 3 if available still no guarantee though

saying there all equal would it make sense to make just one preference? would say the choice is already made anyway

If you make once choice, get but as the course goes on you change your mind you dont really have grounds for an appeal.

but if there is only one good choice is what I mean and the rest aren't good for you anyway ,would it matter?

Do you really want to kill options?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PumpinRon

It's a difficult one. There's only 1 district that I'd really like and another one that would be just ok. I'm thinking if I select both, I dilute my chances of getting the one I really want and if I only select one, there's a greater chance of being placed very far away.
    Regardless - this is a problem I want to have. I'd go to Rathlin Island without grumbling if that's where they wanted to place me :)

Bearing in mind if you have no kids and no mortgage you can just be voluntold were you going and it may not be any of your district choices

• Advertisement

do they take all those factors into consideration banter?good to know ,yea I agree it's a good problem to behave ron

do we receive online learning before induction or after?

Aye a friend of mine was able to explain the reasons that they picked one the districts they dis, so you can make your case

guys any idea what we r ment to do with this preference sheet,take it with us or post it back

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Skinofmyteeth

PumpinRon wrote: »
    It's a difficult one. There's only 1 district that I'd really like and another one that would be just ok. I'm thinking if I select both, I dilute my chances of getting the one I really want and if I only select one, there's a greater chance of being placed very far away.
    Regardless - this is a problem I want to have. I'd go to Rathlin Island without grumbling if that's where they wanted to place me :)

Similar thoughts

Post it back as you are told your district at induction i thought...

Post it back as you are told your district at induction i thought...
    yea that's watch thought,just seems unclear and doesn't seem to mention it specifically ,but think ur right as if it wasn't sent back how could they even read it before allocating

*what i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sleepingbag

email to return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 scuba lad

Is all the districts not an option anymore?

Advertisement