Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

(19h22) Sky Digital: A new channel has started in DVB-S Clear: DW-TV (Deutsche Welle) (Germany) on 11552.75MHz, pol.H SR:22000 FEC:5/6 SID:55118 PID:2306/2307 English.

(23h19) Sky Digital: A new channel has started in DVB-S Clear: Times Now (India) on 11671.75MHz, pol.H SR:22000 FEC:5/6 SID:50400 PID:2605/2606 English.

Does DWTV not usually alternate between German and English languages? It's been ages since I watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

steveon wrote: »
    DW-TV (Deutsche Welle) German based channel dubbed in english at moment?

Has begun broadcasting on

11552.75MHz, pol.H SR:22000

Comes up as 55118

think its the same as "my channel" broadcasting on another freq
    This IS a copy of "My Channel" who happen to broadcast a lot of DW content. It is not DW, at least not for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

byte wrote: »
    Does DWTV not usually alternate between German and English languages? It's been ages since I watched it.

Its Franco-German isn't it? Edit - thinking of Arte

http://www.dw.com/en/dw-launches-new-english-tv-channel/a-18525338

DW launched on 19 last summer. It would be nice if they also launched on 28 as they have several good motoring and science shows in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

DW used to be on sky digital a few years back as well as TVE International, both then disappeared?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Daystar an American evangelical Christian-based religious broadcast television network

has begun HD tests on

11611.75 H
    DVB-S2
    8PSK 23000
    2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I seem to have lost ITV4+1 the last few nights. Is it gone or is it my set-up at fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

It recently changed transponder, check my FTA Tuning Guide for the correct details. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

Paddy C wrote: »
    It recently changed transponder, check my FTA Tuning Guide for the correct details. :)

if you are getting itv 4 same transponder as that

• Advertisement

Talking Pictures is now on Freesat 306

Any chance this being made a sticky?

Any chance this being made a sticky?
    There is an FTA tuning sticky

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The Admins aren't fans of tons of stickeys anymore, so I think we'll have to pass on that one

A few bits and pieces - Community channel has been re-branded and is now Together with some new titles (by which I mean old stuff but new to the EPG slot)

Sony are the latest to dip their toe in the FTA waters under their own brand (they already own the various "True" channels) with Sony Crime 1 and 2. It'll be on Freesat in a few weeks and looks like crime dramas on 1 and realife crime on 2, dunno if they'll throw in any films.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Sony are the latest to dip their toe in the FTA waters under their own brand (they already own the various "True" channels) with Sony Crime 1 and 2. It'll be on Freesat in a few weeks and looks like crime dramas on 1 and realife crime on 2, dunno if they'll throw in any films.

They already have an FTA channel on Freeview.

Sony Crime Channel launches on 13/2. Its a merger of True Crime and Sony content (Freesat 143 or the current True Crime Freq).

Orange is the New Black, CSI, Law & Order that type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

A few bits and pieces - Community channel has been re-branded and is now Together with some new titles (by which I mean old stuff but new to the EPG slot)

Got the Together channel settled here.

These might be of interest

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018/01/21/sony-to-launch-free-to-air-crime-channel/

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/sony-crime-channel-to-take-true-crime.html

Sony Channel is FTA for anyone who's interested, not sure why though unless it's something to do with a transition re Sony Crime

V
    DVB-S
    QPSK

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Sony Channel is FTA for anyone who's interested, not sure why though unless it's something to do with a transition re Sony Crime

V
    DVB-S
    QPSK

Yes, Sony Crime and Sony Crime +1 are on 11307 ...... service 53385 and 53390

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephend2000

VIVA closed down yesterday and was replaced by pop up channel MTV Love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow apart from the odd random film I didnt realise Sony Channel was so bad, I might not even bother tuning it in tbh.

It's terrible but Sony Crime will at least be starting out with a decent roster of dramas, trouble is these channels just churn the same handful over and over with only the occasional new title added. It's weird how the big named lesser channels - CBS, Sony are so poor, they have massive back catalogues but refuse to exploit them FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

ITV4 is viewbale on the new Sky box by going into settings>manual tuning.

You don't even have to enter codes , all the channels are already listed.

It has C5 in HD , but no HD for ITV4.

Anybody know a code for ITV4 HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

ITV4HD will not work in Ireland, even if manually tuned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭ Yehuda Bald Sister-in-law

Wales v Scotland on BBC One HD at the moment followed by France v Ireland. TV3 can keep it. Feel sorry for Saorview viewers with that horrible picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭ Yehuda Bald Sister-in-law

Wales v Scotland on BBC One HD at the moment followed by France v Ireland. TV3 can keep it. Feel sorry for Saorview viewers stuck with that horrible picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

natashaob6 wrote: »
    Wales v Scotland on BBC One HD at the moment followed by France v Ireland. TV3 can keep it. Feel sorry for Saorview viewers stuck with that horrible picture.

If they wanted BBC they would have to get a satellite system, unless they could receive a terrestrial signal. Which is only possible in some areas in this country.

If they have a satellite system, they won't be stuck with Saorview.

If they wanted BBC they would have to get a satellite system, unless they could receive a terrestrial signal. Which is only possible in some areas in this country.

If they have a satellite system, they won't be stuck with Saorview.

and rather missing the point of TV3 etc being on available in a very shoddy SD in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

and rather missing the point of TV3 etc being on available in a very shoddy SD in 2018

Neither has it anything to do with new channels on the 28 East satellite, which this thread is about. There is plenty of discussion about it elsewhere on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

JDxtra wrote: »
    ITV4HD will not work in Ireland, even if manually tuned.

Has that changed? It used to work with an Irish HD subscription. ITV 2HD, 3HD AND 4HD on other channels?

I do not have sky anymore so cannot check.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement