Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

elton john 3 arena

• 25-01-2018 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

3 Arena June 12th, 2019

tickets on sale Friday 9 February at 9am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

2019?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Wheety wrote: »
    2019?? :D

yep

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Rarely would I be happy to fork out ridiculous amounts of money for gig tickets but I'm getting tickets to this if I possibly can. Suppose I better start exercising my F5 finger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its his retirement tour

Says on his website that the tour will reach it's conclusion in 2021. That's a 3 year tour :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know prices?.. I think it's 2018 now no?..

Nope. Starts in the US in September. 12th June 2019 is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Looks like 96 to 181 on ticketmaster website plus fees - ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Got three tickets in Block C for 190 each.

Had another browser open and was offered two at the back of Row J and they were 160 each.

Such a pricey gig.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yikes, €190 each! Still holding since 9am here, "Hold tight. Tickets are about to become available" I think they might be lying to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Got three tickets in Block C for 190 each.

190 quid to see some twat start his gig with the Bitch is Back.

Good luck to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The Nal wrote: »

Good luck to you.

Do you ever have anything positive to say ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Block c 181.00 after multiple attempts and many error messages.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Do you ever have anything positive to say ever?

Yep loads. Just not in threads where people are paying 190 quid a ticket.

I suppose people who go see Elton John don't see a whole lot of gigs so don't care about contributing to inflated gig prices.

Any luck Miamee?

Not yet. I'm afraid to refresh the page and start again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Got 2 in block P for €96 each. Up in the gods but couldn't spend €190 each on them.

Got 'em! €156 each plus the usual charges :eek:

Block A Row 12

chris445 wrote: »
    Got 2 in block P for €96 each. Up in the gods but couldn't spend €190 each on them.

None left at that price when I was trying so you were lucky :)

I suppose people who go see Elton John don't see a whole lot of gigs so don't care about contributing to inflated gig prices.

I go to many many gigs a month and I can afford to go to this thankfully. Never seen him before and bringing the folks as its his last tour.

So a blanket assumption that people who go are somewhat clueless and don't see a whole lot of gigs is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I go to many many gigs a month and I can afford to go to this thankfully. Never seen him before and bringing the folks as its his last tour.

So a blanket assumption that people who go are somewhat clueless and don't see a whole lot of gigs is nonsense.

Saw him last time he was here. He puts on a good show. Enjoy.

spurious wrote: »
    Saw him last time he was here. He puts on a good show. Enjoy.

Thanks, that's good to know :) The parents love him so once they get some joy out of it, I'll be happy.

Nobody is making you pay any money to do anything. You are not helping anybody by moaning about gigs you are not even going to.
    Also I got to loads of gigs, so your assumption is really silly.
    It must be hard to be so negative on ever thread I see you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Got 4 in Block P €96 each.

3Arean is a good venue, even if your tickets are in the upper seated area. So don't worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good luck to you.

Get your facts right at least. He starts with Funeral For A Friend leaving in to Love Lies Bleeding.

Thanks, that's good to know The parents love him so once they get some joy out of it, I'll be happy.

They will. Saw him in the Marquee last year and he was great. Should be even better in a venue like 3 arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Thats like saying people who take Ryanair flights don't take a lot of flights so don't mind contributing to inflated sandwich prices. Nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Christ on a bike you can get tickets to see him in Vegas for about 50 a pop, as for a farewell tour that's lasting 3 years, hopefully i'll be in Vegas again before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cait04

I have a presale code but it is not giving me the option to buy tickets. It keeps telling me that tickets go on general sale on Friday. What am I doing wrong or are the pre sale all gone?

• Advertisement

Cait04 wrote: »
    I have a presale code but it is not giving me the option to buy tickets. It keeps telling me that tickets go on general sale on Friday. What am I doing wrong or are the pre sale all gone?

You are not on the presale link page, check your text message again.
    I think its all sold out now anyway, I can't get any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

You need to access the page via the 3 presale.

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/6byw2w?camefrom=CFC_IE_AFF_3ARENAPRESALE&brand=ie_3arenapresale[/FONT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

181 euro for flat seating and some tiered seating is absolutely scandalous.
    It was about half that the last time he was here ,so the promoter has decided to double the prices because its the final tour.

I've seen him 3 times in the Marquee ,he does put on a good show but his voice is shot from too much touring .
    I wouldnt go and see him again ,every time he played the Marquee the sound has been terrible.
    The sound will be better in the 3arena but those prices are outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Zardoz wrote: »
    181 euro for flat seating and some tiered seating is absolutely scandalous.
    It was about half that the last time he was here ,so the promoter has decided to double the prices because its the final tour.

I've seen him 3 times in the Marquee ,he does put on a good show but his voice is shot from too much touring .
    I wouldnt go and see him again ,every time he played the Marquee the sound has been terrible.
    The sound will be better in the 3arena but those prices are outrageous.

Reviews from last year in Cork were very good?

lambayire wrote: »
    You need to access the page via the 3 presale.

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/6byw2w?camefrom=CFC_IE_AFF_3ARENAPRESALE&brand=ie_3arenapresale[/FONT]

If you got the presale code from being a Verified Fan on Ticketmaster, you need to follow the link that they texted to you this morning to buy the tickets. It'll ask for your code then (also in the text).

Reviews from last year in Cork were very good?

The ones in the papers is it ,lol,they are always good .
    His voice was very bad last year ,previous two gigs were much better and he played 30 minutes longer those times too.
    He could have had a cold .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Got two in block a for 190 each... hoping the view will be ok and won’t be at too much of an angle.... was hoping to get the cheaper tickets but sure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Got two in block a for 190 each... hoping the view will be ok and won’t be at too much of an angle.... was hoping to get the cheaper tickets but sure....

Jesus Christ. Almost €200 for a ticket now. I really don’t know how that is justifiable. You’d want to be sitting up on stage for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Jesus Christ. Almost €200 for a ticket now. I really don’t know how that is justifiable. You’d want to be sitting up on stage for that price.
    U2 were €209 for upper tier, at least the expensive ones here are lower tier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The promoters seem to be jacking up the price compared to previous tours going by what prices were for the marquee. I opted to book the Bridgestone arena in Nashville for October as it coincides with a visit to family there, a lower level tiered seat was $145 and as it is a small hockey arena it has good views. The 3 arena prices are saucy in comparison I think but I would go if the US visit hadn't worked out for me. I refuse to go to the marquee due to the poor sound and was never able to link up my US trips with dates in Caesar's Palace so I am delighted to have my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cait04

miamee wrote: »
    If you got the presale code from being a Verified Fan on Ticketmaster, you need to follow the link that they texted to you this morning to buy the tickets. It'll ask for your code then (also in the text).

Thanks. I had been trying to get in through the verified fan link that they sent me from 9 am, eventually got in about half 10 and the cheapest seats left were up in the rafters for €163.85. I sat up there before and it is miles away so definitely won't be paying that price to sit there. I will just see what I can get in the general sale on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Ground floor tickets were just under €100 in Belfast in 2016. This is bloody sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The promoters seem to be jacking up the price compared to previous tours ...

don't blame the promoters here, it's the artist who sets the prices.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 hero77

I wonder will he do a 2nd night?

don't blame the promoters here, it's the artist who sets the prices.

You blame the people who bought the tickets last time, and for similar gigs. They sold at those prices last time so it should be no surprise that they're more expensive this time.

What do you think would've happened if no one bought the tickets at the last price?

You blame the people who bought the tickets last time, and for similar gigs. They sold at those prices last time so it should be no surprise that they're more expensive this time.

What do you think would've happened if no one bought the tickets at the last price?

So lets all just stay inside forever yea?
    What an exiting life you must lead.

Ground floor tickets were just under €100 in Belfast in 2016. This is bloody sick.

Its really cynical ,a big hullabaloo about how its his last tour ,which is lasting a ludicrous 3 years and 300 gigs ,and they have basically doubled the ticket prices for the tour.
    I hope it sells poorly.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    So lets all just stay inside forever yea?

Lets just take a financial 12 inch dildo up the arse from a man already worth half a billion quid with no questions asked and help fuel the Irish gig price hyper inflation we're seeing yea?

This is what we should be doing. Or at the very least not buying the tickets.

Enjoy the gig.

Lets just take a financial 12 inch dildo up the arse from a man already worth half a billion quid with no questions asked and help fuel the Irish gig price hyper inflation we're seeing yea?

This is what we should be doing. Or at the very least not buying the tickets.

Enjoy the gig.

But if i provide a service, and people pay me for it. You better believe I am going to ask for more money next time. Do you expect to do the same job forever for the same pay, do you not expect a pay rise?
    It is the exact same thing, yes its expensive, but I am willing to pay it, you don't have to, and if you want to hold a protest more power to you.
    But coming into every bloody thread and moaning about price is doing nothing for anyone.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Was going but at these prices, it's starting to be 50/50 but I'll guess it will
    sell out as it's his last concert.

• Site Banned Posts: 11 fdun555

I wonder will it sell out? very expensive...

• Advertisement
Advertisement