Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

elton john 3 arena

• 25-01-2018 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

3 Arena June 12th, 2019

tickets on sale Friday 9 February at 9am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

2019?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Wheety wrote: »
    2019?? :D

yep

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Rarely would I be happy to fork out ridiculous amounts of money for gig tickets but I'm getting tickets to this if I possibly can. Suppose I better start exercising my F5 finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its his retirement tour

Says on his website that the tour will reach it's conclusion in 2021. That's a 3 year tour :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know prices?.. I think it's 2018 now no?..

Nope. Starts in the US in September. 12th June 2019 is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Looks like 96 to 181 on ticketmaster website plus fees - ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Got three tickets in Block C for 190 each.

Had another browser open and was offered two at the back of Row J and they were 160 each.

Such a pricey gig.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yikes, €190 each! Still holding since 9am here, "Hold tight. Tickets are about to become available" I think they might be lying to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Got three tickets in Block C for 190 each.

190 quid to see some twat start his gig with the Bitch is Back.

Good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The Nal wrote: »

Good luck to you.

Do you ever have anything positive to say ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Block c 181.00 after multiple attempts and many error messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Do you ever have anything positive to say ever?

Yep loads. Just not in threads where people are paying 190 quid a ticket.

I suppose people who go see Elton John don't see a whole lot of gigs so don't care about contributing to inflated gig prices.

Any luck Miamee?

Not yet. I'm afraid to refresh the page and start again!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭chris445

Got 2 in block P for €96 each. Up in the gods but couldn't spend €190 each on them.

Got 'em! €156 each plus the usual charges :eek:

Block A Row 12

chris445 wrote: »
    Got 2 in block P for €96 each. Up in the gods but couldn't spend €190 each on them.

None left at that price when I was trying so you were lucky :)

I suppose people who go see Elton John don't see a whole lot of gigs so don't care about contributing to inflated gig prices.

I go to many many gigs a month and I can afford to go to this thankfully. Never seen him before and bringing the folks as its his last tour.

So a blanket assumption that people who go are somewhat clueless and don't see a whole lot of gigs is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I go to many many gigs a month and I can afford to go to this thankfully. Never seen him before and bringing the folks as its his last tour.

So a blanket assumption that people who go are somewhat clueless and don't see a whole lot of gigs is nonsense.

Saw him last time he was here. He puts on a good show. Enjoy.

spurious wrote: »
    Saw him last time he was here. He puts on a good show. Enjoy.

Thanks, that's good to know :) The parents love him so once they get some joy out of it, I'll be happy.

Nobody is making you pay any money to do anything. You are not helping anybody by moaning about gigs you are not even going to.
    Also I got to loads of gigs, so your assumption is really silly.
    It must be hard to be so negative on ever thread I see you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Got 4 in Block P €96 each.

3Arean is a good venue, even if your tickets are in the upper seated area. So don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good luck to you.

Get your facts right at least. He starts with Funeral For A Friend leaving in to Love Lies Bleeding.

Thanks, that's good to know The parents love him so once they get some joy out of it, I'll be happy.

They will. Saw him in the Marquee last year and he was great. Should be even better in a venue like 3 arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Thats like saying people who take Ryanair flights don't take a lot of flights so don't mind contributing to inflated sandwich prices. Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,075 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Christ on a bike you can get tickets to see him in Vegas for about 50 a pop, as for a farewell tour that's lasting 3 years, hopefully i'll be in Vegas again before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cait04

I have a presale code but it is not giving me the option to buy tickets. It keeps telling me that tickets go on general sale on Friday. What am I doing wrong or are the pre sale all gone?

• Advertisement

Cait04 wrote: »
    I have a presale code but it is not giving me the option to buy tickets. It keeps telling me that tickets go on general sale on Friday. What am I doing wrong or are the pre sale all gone?

You are not on the presale link page, check your text message again.
    I think its all sold out now anyway, I can't get any

Advertisement