Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

• 01-02-2018 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

I just got a message from the Croke Park Community to say that Aiken Promotions will be applying for a licence to hold a concert in Croke Park on Thursday 17th May. Any big acts touring around that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

None announced, Pink is supposed to be touring this summer, and she is Aiken, but croker is a stretch for her. Unless they've decided that 50,000 tickets is enough to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rolling stones are meant to the touring this summer and Dublin was mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭andrew1977

purcela wrote: »
    I just got a message from the Croke Park Community to say that Aiken Promotions will be applying for a licence to hold a concert in Croke Park on Thursday 17th May. Any big acts touring around that time?

The Pope:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

andrew1977 wrote: »
    The Pope:D

I hope he does some of his early homilies, latest stuff isn't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The Rolling Stones are definitely the most likely.
    P!nk is touring in the US in May, so it won't be her.
    Foo Fighters are free, but it'd be one standalone show between the end of their US leg in early May and starting in Europe at the start of June. I can't see that happening.
    Eminem's newly-announced European dates are much later: late June (one date in Oslo) and July. The two Twickenham shows are in mid-July. Nowhere near the May date they're applying for here.
    I think it's probably going to be The Charlie Watts Band.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Pearl Jam maybe? Will they be in Europe by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

hynesie08 wrote: »
    None announced, Pink is supposed to be touring this summer, and she is Aiken, but croker is a stretch for her. Unless they've decided that 50,000 tickets is enough to justify it.

Its not her she has US dates the night before and night after

Bon Jovi finish their US dates a few days before this - prehaps this would be part of an European leg?

Katy Perry also has a gap between her US dates and her European dates

• Advertisement

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Bon Jovi finish their US dates a few days before this - prehaps this would be part of an European leg?

Sold less than 40,000 tickets for slane last time they were here, have they released an album since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

GnR start their European tour June 3rd in Berlin
    They could kick off here instead on the 17th May
    Sold 80k in Slane last year with no major support act could fill Croker this year with decent support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Sold 80k in Slane last year with no major support act could fill Croker this year with decent support

I'd love to see them in Croke Park. Slane is a complete farce, a horrible time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭piplip87

I'd love to see them in Croke Park. Slane is a complete farce, a horrible time last year.

I really dont understand the hate for Slane. The majority of it comes from delays getting there, or getting out but it's a faulas site for a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

If they were under MCD last year tbey won't be Aiken now..

The stones probably makes most sense..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

g

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just heard from a reliable source it's Ghost :pac:

scudzilla wrote: »

Supported by Venom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

piplip87 wrote: »
    I really dont understand the hate for Slane. The majority of it comes from delays getting there, or getting out but it's a faulas site for a gig.

I don't know what faulas means but its a nightmare venue for a gig. A disaster to get to and get out of, sound issues every year, very few bars and toilets, fúck all food and it attracts the worst crowd on planet earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

scudzilla wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Supported by Venom

And Sunn O)))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Bring yer cowboy hats...... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Metallica european tour ends in May, have a friend who works as crew, he has heard nothing of a Dublin date though. Croke park is too big as well i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bring yer cowboy hats...... :p

Yer man from the GAA on the RTÉ lunchtime news wouldn’t say who it was but he did say it definitely wasn’t Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Yer man from the GAA on the RTÉ lunchtime news wouldn’t say who it was but he did say it definitely wasn’t Garth Brooks.

Thank f**k for that !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Maybe Fleetwood Mac? They're meant to be touring this summer.

Chris Gaines??

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Sold less than 40,000 tickets for slane last time they were here, have they released an album since then.

Slane is a farce though....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Would love it to be Guns N' Roses, but there is a big gap between the current start of their euro tour of 3rd of June in Berlin and May 17th .

I think it's got to be The Rolling Stones. I guess we will know soon enough.

U2 ticket prices are pretty high wait til we see the prices for the rolling stones

Expecting Lower level tickets to be €250 or over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

PTH2009 wrote: »
    U2 ticket prices are pretty high wait til we see the prices for the rolling stones

Expecting Lower level tickets to be €250 or over

Yeah if its the rolling stones its going to be expensive for tickets. If any band rips off their fans ticket price wise its the Stones.

Advertisement