Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They are one of the biggest touring bands in the world. They are on a par with U2 in tour earnings.

They sold out in Slane 10 years ago. That had 80k.

That was a great gig. I saw them in Hyde Park 2013 and it was a bit meh.

They haven't announced any UK dates yet. I would definitely go and see them again, but they need to get cracking if they want to shift that amount of tickets in such a tight time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

That's a pretty low bar.

Here's a higher bar. Slane is one of the top 8 outdoor venues in the world for sound https://www.wired.com/2012/06/st_amphitheaters/

We never appreciate anything Irish as being good for some reason. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

AIKEN PROMOTIONS

Announcement
    to be made at a press reception on
    Monday 5th February – 2pm

The Minerva Suite, RDS
    (Access to the Minerva Suite is via Merrion Road entrance)

Announcement will be made by Peter Aiken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Led Zep Reunion!!!!! (minus Bonzo of course!!!!), one can dream , eh.......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Led Zep Reunion!!!!! (minus Bonzo of course!!!!), one can dream , eh.......

Wouldn't that be amazing! I've seen Robert Plant over a dozen times & he's brilliant. I can only imagine how Zeppelin would sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be amazing! I've seen Robert Plant over a dozen times & he's brilliant. I can only imagine how Zeppelin would sound

Saw him at EP and he was amazing, was worth the price of the weekend ticket, he was on the main stage and the place went mental......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

AIKEN PROMOTIONS

Announcement
    to be made at a press reception on
    Monday 5th February – 2pm

The Minerva Suite, RDS
    (Access to the Minerva Suite is via Merrion Road entrance)

Announcement will be made by Peter Aiken

Isn't that where they've normally announced Aviva gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Isn't that where they've normally announced Aviva gigs?

Some laugh if the Stones actually played the RDS or Aviva instead

Anymore news on the Croke Park date ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

How long would it take to get permission granted ?? Maybe this announcement isn't about the 4th croke park gig ?? Also , will the residents have the final say?

hawkelady wrote: »
    How long would it take to get permission granted ?? Maybe this announcement isn't about the 4th croke park gig ?? Also , will the residents have the final say?

The Dublin CC have the final say and like the Garth Brooks thing one guy could refuse it

Persoanlly i dont think the show will go ahead but it might giving it will be the only event held there in May and the GAA only used 2 out of 3 last year

unless the GAA have been privatly neogating with the Dublin CC than Mondays annoucement might be for this CP show but then again why not do it in Croke Park and not out in Ballsbridge ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hawkelady wrote: »
    don't know about this case, but most outdoor events only have licence granted about a month beforehand.
    pretty sure Arcade Fire and a few others in Marlay Park a few years ago only had it granted the week of the concerts.

an application for a licence is requested several months in advance, which gives an outline of the event. the actual licence submission is much later and includes specific details, and after that is submitted is when it is granted.

there was talk of changing the process and granting preliminary licences without the specifics, after Garth Brooks but I don't know if those changes ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ekano

Metallica finish their European tour a few days beforehand. It would be a bit of a stretch for Croke Park though

Ekano wrote: »
    Metallica finish their European tour a few days beforehand. It would be a bit of a stretch for Croke Park though

RDS or Aviva be more suited but that's a bit of a stretch

Saw them in Glasgow last Oct what a performance

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Paul Simon to play RDS July 13th on second last date of his farewell tour -Peter Aiken

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

wacotaco wrote: »
    Paul Simon to play RDS July 13th on second last date of his farewell tour -Peter Aiken

Was hoping for news on 4th croker date but I guess that would be a while yet...

bigguns2 wrote: »
    Was hoping for news on 4th croker date but I guess that would be a while yet...

yeah shame and i still have that feeling the residents will win and there wont be a 4th CP show

It needs to be annouced by the start or march if its to be 13th May (only over 2 months to sell 80000 tickets)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah shame and i still have that feeling the residents will win and there wont be a 4th CP show

It needs to be annouced by the start or march if its to be 13th May (only over 2 months to sell 80000 tickets)

If it's a good enough act it'll only take 2 minutes to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

1465575034-30ee6f616ee3e6680c7e1603f5c2ef30-1038x576.jpg?width=600&s=bn-739386

what would happen if they just went ahead (without residents agreement) for the 4th gig? Do the residents hold that much [legal power] over events at our biggest Stadium?

The Nal wrote: »
    1465575034-30ee6f616ee3e6680c7e1603f5c2ef30-1038x576.jpg?width=600&s=bn-739386

When are tickets on sale?

• Advertisement

what would happen if they just went ahead (without residents agreement) for the 4th gig? Do the residents hold that much [legal power] over events at our biggest Stadium?

They've applied for the license, but if enough residents put in complaints it delays the process to the point of it not being worth it. If they put the tickets on sale while the residents are kicking up a fuss, it might affect sales after the incident.....

They've applied for the license, but if enough residents put in complaints it delays the process to the point of it not being worth it. If they put the tickets on sale while the residents are kicking up a fuss, it might affect sales after the incident.....

Okay, I can understand the residents concerns (anti social behaviour etc) but it is only few nights and from what I see, plenty of residents close to the Stadium enjoy the atmosphere aswell as selling bottles of water for 2.50e! :)

I've never heard of major disturbances at croker gigs/matches. I could be wrong though, seems unfair a handful could spoil it for 80,000+

Okay, I can understand the residents concerns (anti social behaviour etc) but it is only few nights and from what I see, plenty of residents close to the Stadium enjoy the atmosphere aswell as selling bottles of water for 2.50e! :)

I've never heard of major disturbances at croker gigs/matches. I could be wrong though, seems unfair a handful could spoil it for 80,000+

Major disturbances, No, but I live about a mile from the stadium and there's always broken glass, people pissing against the side of my house and blocking paths with bad parking etc.... I imagine it's much worse closer to cp. Since it is essentially Dublin's home ground now, this is happening more regularly, so I understand why residents are trying to cap the number of concerts. But there has to be give and take on both sides and it doesn't seem like that's the case here as usual. It's become toxic between Aiken, CP and the residents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

There was gigs and games been held at that stadium long before a lot of the residents lived there. You chose to live there the same way I chose to not live near a stadium.

Of course the local residents dont really rush to say no to any comp.

Mr.H wrote: »
    There was gigs and games been held at that stadium long before a lot of the residents lived there. You chose to live there the same way I chose to not live near a stadium.

I don't have a horse in this race, just answering the question. And I don't live near it, technically I live just outside the affected zone as they call it. But let's not get on this merry go round again, it gets tedious very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I don't have a horse in this race, just answering the question. And I don't live near it, technically I live just outside the affected zone as they call it. But let's not get on this merry go round again, it gets tedious very quickly.

Of course it is tedious. But thats basically what this thread is. There are two responses to the thread;

1) brilliant there should be loads more gigs because its a fantastic venue
    or 2) its ridiculous that they are forcing us to put up with more gigs in our locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

There's a big difference between matches and concerts being held there for the residents.

When there's a game, it's a pain in terms of crowds, but it's almost always on the weekend and are over by early evening.

Gigs on the other hand, are often midweek and go on a lot later. This means roads are closed off or difficult to gain access to for people coming home from work/school or whatever. Then there's the increased noise from the concerts, for which MCD have gotten in trouble for before, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

There's a big difference between matches and concerts being held there for the residents.

When there's a game, it's a pain in terms of crowds, but it's almost always on the weekend and are over by early evening.

Gigs on the other hand, are often midweek and go on a lot later. This means roads are closed off or difficult to gain access to for people coming home from work/school or whatever. Then there's the increased noise from the concerts, for which MCD have gotten in trouble for before, I believe.

" concerts are often on midweek" ???
    Really , I would have said the majority of croke park gigs were on either a Friday or Saturday.

hope a decision is made quickly and it doesnt drag on

Prices for the Rolling stones may start at €100 for a seat in the top of the davin stand :eek::eek::eek:. Lower stand tickets will prob be €250-€300 each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

hope a decision is made quickly and it doesnt drag on

Prices for the Rolling stones may start at €100 for a seat in the top of the davin stand :eek::eek::eek:. Lower stand tickets will prob be €250-€300 each

Is it the stRolling Bones ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement