Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else had issues with bikeworld ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

When Paudie left the parts department & Gerry the head mechanic took his leave, it all went downhill, haven't been back since

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭robinwing

:eek: oh ! the usual story so , do deliver quality service you need quality staff and when they leave so does the good service

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

robinwing wrote: »
    A guy put up a post on another biker forum about 15 mins ago complaining about his bike being very badly repaired by the " shop with the big windows " ( They couldn't repair it apparantly and told him to collect it , it was going when he left it in ). That post was almost immediately removed

That's my mate and to say he was treated appallingly would be an understatement.

Not my place to give details but I will say that he now has a bike that's not running (it was when he brought it in for a routine job) and he is not letting it go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

jaysus that's horrible. never been in there but often thought of going up for a look around. stories like that would really turn me off a place.

hope your friend gets some satisfaction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

thats nothing... i went to different shop in county dublin.. with simple backfire issue..... the guy - acutaly owner himself said.. easy for us.. leave the bike.. he convinced me to do oil + filter exhcange as well and so on.. i spend 250e.... took the bike next day to found the backfire was still present... brought it back.. and i have been told again that it needs to be on dyno and unfortunately i will have to pay for that again - i was angry but all i wanted was a well running bike.. i asked them the second time to adjust my suspension as well... total cahrge second time was 150e... please note the bike was in perfect condition and has 11.000 miles only..

i took the bike of them to find out 2 days later that the engine is gone.. and 1750e for the replacement... took it to another garage and i have been told that cause of this was on 99% dyno.. with oil overflow.. and so on... i came back complaining with the report from another garage to be told by the owner that next time i have to buy better and more expensive bike, he was laugihng on me and said to me that its my fold and he aint gonna look on anything further for me.. i will never ever go near that muppet... and i know one thing.. that karma is waiting for him..

i would not go near dublin garages... all they wanna is quick money...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Bikerguy wrote: »
    thats nothing... i went to different shop in county dublin.. with simple backfire issue..... the guy - acutaly owner himself said.. easy for us.. leave the bike.. he convinced me to do oil + filter exhcange as well and so on.. i spend 250e.... took the bike next day to found the backfire was still present... brought it back.. and i have been told again that it needs to be on dyno and unfortunately i will have to pay for that again - i was angry but all i wanted was a well running bike.. i asked them the second time to adjust my suspension as well... total cahrge second time was 150e... please note the bike was in perfect condition and has 11.000 miles only..

i took the bike of them to find out 2 days later that the engine is gone.. and 1750e for the replacement... took it to another garage and i have been told that cause of this was on 99% dyno.. with oil overflow.. and so on... i came back complaining with the report from another garage to be told by the owner that next time i have to buy better and more expensive bike, he was laugihng on me and said to me that its my fold and he aint gonna look on anything further for me.. i will never ever go near that muppet... and i know one thing.. that karma is waiting for him..

Where abouts was it or will you say which garage it was ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

KTRIC wrote: »
    Where abouts was it or will you say which garage it was ??

PM Sent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

I called in at lunch time recently to buy a jacket to be told by the guy downstairs that upstairs was closed for lunch. I was p!ssed off having made the journey and asked respectfully why dont folk stagger their breaks so upstairs remains open and people making the journey are not let down. The answer i got was one from the trade union shop stewards book of we have rights and are entitled to have lunch together crap. I turned on my heels and vowed never to darken their doorway again. No way to run a business......nice fellas in a bike shop towards walkinstown roundabout were delighted with my business.

Blogger50 wrote: »
    That's my mate and to say he was treated appallingly would be an understatement.

Not my place to give details but I will say that he now has a bike that's not running (it was when he brought it in for a routine job) and he is not letting it go!

Small claims court lads, lawyer up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I had a problem with a bike garage in Churchtown once. They fitted me a new tyre that kept going flat, it was obviously poor tyre fitting but it ended up costing me €250.

My only regret now is that I didn't bring them to the small claims court. It only costs €25 so you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. For the garage it will mean the owner will have to take time out of his day to defend the claim. Either that or pay a solicitor a couple of hundred. If you have a valid claim then chances are these cowboys will just pay out because their time is far better spent in the garage ripping the next sucker off for a few hundred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I had a problem with a bike garage in Churchtown once. They fitted me a new tyre that kept going flat, it was obviously poor tyre fitting but it ended up costing me €250.

My only regret now is that I didn't bring them to the small claims court. It only costs €25 so you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. For the garage it will mean the owner will have to take time out of his day to defend the claim. Either that or pay a solicitor a couple of hundred. If you have a valid claim then chances are these cowboys will just pay out because their time is far better spent in the garage ripping the next sucker off for a few hundred.

Lads small claims is what is says small claims....if you bought a bike and it went belly up its not the place to go. AFAIK its for claims under €2000, but it is an absolutely brilliant service. I successfully took a certain mobile company that has a stadium named after them and won big time. Irish people are very reluctant to take further again, they tend to say well I wont be back here again and pay whatever!

Highly recommended service.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Muahahaha wrote: »

Yes smalls claims court is great but as Wonda said is only for small claims.

I am unfortunately fighting a case at the moment over a dangerously damaged bike that was sold to me from a well known bike shop on dublin.

A few of the lads on here no the story and it will be the shops downfall for fighting it as I have piles of evidence that shows their in the wrong.

Anyways the small claims is great for getting stuff sorted but it is a long road of you are over and above the small claims courts limit. Cowboy places know this and will not think that you will spend the money on financial fees and have the balls to chase them. That's why they get away with it for so long. Fight them all the way once your I the right!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PlayerA

I went there 5 month after buying my bike, I wanted to

- get it serviced as I wasn't sure what had been done by the previous owner.

- Also I had locked the rear seat lock with my chain in it so i wanted them to open it and fix it if possible.

- Rear brake light wasnt connected so i asked them to have a look too if they could do something.

- front brake lever is going lose sometimes (it still brakes but sometimes it is very sensitive sometimes not at all, i guess now it is just the adjustment thingy which is a bit lose).

I asked the man a quote for anything they think they could do.. Result :

- Service + chain and sprocket to change... (not sure but as I had no idea i said ok)
    - They fix the sit by putting a small screw they had in the plastic in the tail and they replaced the cable lock (I waited 3 weeks for that).
    - The rear brake light could not be fix or it would cost extra money as the previous owner messed with it when setting the tail tidy.
    - No idea about the front brake... couldnt see anything wrong.

Fair enough with the diagnostic but still no quote... They did the job, I went there to get my bike back..

They charged me 750 Euros!! And of course the man was saying that he was already making a good gesture...

My first experience with a garage so i wasn't sure if it was super expensive or not but it hurt my wallet for sure.. I have then been told by friends that i had been nicely ripped off.

I will never go to a garage again..

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Why does nobody post the name of the garage that fleeced them? Stories are kinda pointless without it...

szatan84 wrote: »
    Why does nobody post the name of the garage that fleeced them? Stories are kinda pointless without it...
    Libel/defamation laws apply to accusations on an open forum, a big no,no for the forum & the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Libel/defamation laws apply to accusations on an open forum, a big no,no for the forum & the poster

I'd consider it an honest review bur thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Especially if there is any pending legal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 silvermont

Hi Guys,

Had to post here after reading this thread and then visiting the shop. I found them to be very good when I went in. No issues at all. Could be different on another day who knows but my experience was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,278 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Kinda feel bad about complaining about this, because on the day they were very helpful and that was appreciated at the time, but a few years ago Bikeworld charged me 30 euro for tea and sympathy after a crash.

Gassed it way too much and came off near their shop, they picked my bike up and wheeled it in, made me tea etc. which was nice. I was ok just a bit bruised and shaken up. Gave me a number for a recovery guy and got him to take the bike to my home the next day, but because this was booked through Bikeworld I had to pay him the 'Bikeworld price' of which he would get less than half! the rest being commission for them. It was only a couple of km recovery so basically Bikeworld made 30 euro off me for a cup of tea.

Edit: I wouldn't mind but I've bought over 2000 euro worth of Dainese gear off them over the years. There's being tight and there's being fúcking tight...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I hear nothing but bad things about BW so like many of you I've only bought Dainese gear from them over the years. Although I'm losing the love for Dainese. I'm finding their gear is not as durable as it used to be.

Reading about Cotters I last graced their doors over 10 years ago and said never again. Had a woeful experience with a sales and then a follow up issue.

I use JP motorcycles for any sales or servicing and the occasional accessory purchase. I've never had a bad experience and I find them to be very honest. They look after their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Not surprised to see this thread tbh
    Bought online from them, item was not in stock, they refused to refund my PayPal and wanted my credit card details, no fcuking way was I gonna give them that so after several emails to them they eventually refunded me after I opened a dispute with PayPal
    But get this.......after I opened the dispute they said they would only refund me if I closed the dispute, if I had they could have told me to feck off, I just let PayPal deal with em,, Tossers they are !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think I posted about BW already, but here goes.. I bought my last bike from them, reluctantly I might add.

But I have to say it was the easiest deal I've struck with any dealers and I came away delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

let's bump this up.

Bike###ld = kip.

Only good for trying stuff on for size and then go buy online usually way way WAY cheaper.

Stung me once for something at a cost of €200 not one cent have i spent in there since and like alot of others never will.
    Worst customer service ever.

Buy online it's where the bargains are, it's the way to hurt these robbing b**tards

Oh and better be carefull their known for sending solicitor's letter's out to people for slander so I'll edit the name of the big motorcycle shop near the Naas rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

let's bump this up.

Bike###ld = kip.

Only good for trying stuff on for size and then go buy online usually way way WAY cheaper.

Stung me once for something at a cost of €200 not one cent have i spent in there since and like alot of others never will.
    Worst customer service ever.

Buy online it's where the bargains are, it's the way to hurt these robbing b**tards

Oh and better be carefull their known for sending solicitor's letter's out to people for slander so I'll edit the name of the big motorcycle shop near the Naas rd

Buying online will not support local shop...buying online take some time while you may be in need of gear(clothes) or service immediately.... etc

And its been 4 years or so and i am still mad how that muppet ruined my bike....and told me to face buy more expensive bike next time as he knew that forein lad with no more cash left will do nothing to his bussines. It wss back then...today i learned and i will give my bussines in trusted garages withat least some kind of reputation... i rather travel... like i have my car mechanic in ardee....i live now in co.Cavan but i still go down to service my car...even its 1 hour drive...

Btw it was aprilia mile 1000cc 2002 with 11k on the clock unmodified with only acrapovic can. 2 owners from new... not some abused ****... she wasnt even scratched....and he destroyed her on dyno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

....and he destroyed her on dyno.

Ahhhh, were you informed there's a risk to your bike going on a dyno?.

Unless I absolutely needed to I wouldn't have a bike on a dyno.

Since we're bumping the thread I may as well add to my post from a few years back.

I've bought two more bikes from BW in the meantime, and have only had very good experiences with them.

I bought a lovely AGV helmet over two years ago costing nearly five hundred Euro. Last year I lost over 30kgs in weight (thank you diabetes, I <3 U :p ) ~ so my helmet was lose.

I went in to buy another, and Ray (red haired lad) told me he can do a re fit for me. It took maybe 45 minutes and my helmet was fitting like new again ~ this despite the fact that I told them I was willing to buy a new lid.

Sure some things are cheaper online, but I've bought some absolute rubbish quality online too.. If we all bough online and didn't spend locally we'll have less and less of the likes of Mountjoy Motorcycles and other bricks and mortar shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Ah Mountjoy motorcycles! The lads knew their stuff and if they didn't have it they would get it , and get it right.

Other places in the world however not so much. Ordered a set of front pads for a trumpet and called in to collect two brake pads, literally.

Who the ever loving fcuk orders pads for one front disc only on a two front disk bike?????

Also advertise secondhand bikes as fully serviced and warrantied prior to sale. Looked at two recently and very obviously not serviced, and yes i would know. So why are they on the showroom floor?

Absolute shame, fully believe in supporting local business and do so as much as i can. Just not one in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I recently priced up a new all year suit. I saved €250 buying it online over "buying it locally"

Unfortunately money talks. Ray and the lads up there are gents and I always keep them in mind when considering a new bike.

If you had problems with them please believe me there are far far worse out there, especially in that locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Buying online will not support local shop...buying online take some time while you may be in need of gear(clothes) or service immediately.... etc

And its been 4 years or so and i am still mad how that muppet ruined my bike....and told me to face buy more expensive bike next time as he knew that forein lad with no more cash left will do nothing to his bussines. It wss back then...today i learned and i will give my bussines in trusted garages withat least some kind of reputation... i rather travel... like i have my car mechanic in ardee....i live now in co.Cavan but i still go down to service my car...even its 1 hour drive...

Btw it was aprilia mile 1000cc 2002 with 11k on the clock unmodified with only acrapovic can. 2 owners from new... not some abused ****... she wasnt even scratched....and he destroyed her on dyno.

Was it a yellow Mille?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I usually buy my servicing bits in cotters. They were out of stock one day of an air filter. A hiflo one. They sell them for €15. I said I would try BW. Exact same filter €35.

Needless to say I laughed at them. A couple of euro more fair enough, but more than double the price ! Chancers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Yeah but their shop is double the size....:)

Advertisement