Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Counselling medical card

Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭ Seanachai

I'm going through a bit of a rough patch and I'm unemployed at the moment, I want to speak to a professional but I'm unemployed at the moment. Can anybody recommend a clinic that accepts medical card or has low fees?

Comments

• My understanding, this is from a friend who works as a nurse, is that if you go to a GP you can get a referral to "mental health services" and that after that everything is free. I may have misinterpreted this.

I found this on internet:

Public Services: Health Service Executive (HSE) Counselling in Primary Care Service
    The HSE is now running a ‘Counselling in Primary Care’ service which you can access if you have a medical card. Through this service, you can get short-term counselling (eight free sessions) with a counsellor or psychotherapist. To access the service, you must be referred by your GP, and you must be over 18.
    You can download information leaflets and referral forms from the HSE website.

I hope this helps!

• Very long waiting lists for HSE counselling,many community counselling services offer free counselling google is your friend here

Advertisement