Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counselling medical card

Options
  • 24-01-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

I'm going through a bit of a rough patch and I'm unemployed at the moment, I want to speak to a professional but I'm unemployed at the moment. Can anybody recommend a clinic that accepts medical card or has low fees?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

My understanding, this is from a friend who works as a nurse, is that if you go to a GP you can get a referral to "mental health services" and that after that everything is free. I may have misinterpreted this.

I found this on internet:

Public Services: Health Service Executive (HSE) Counselling in Primary Care Service
    The HSE is now running a ‘Counselling in Primary Care’ service which you can access if you have a medical card. Through this service, you can get short-term counselling (eight free sessions) with a counsellor or psychotherapist. To access the service, you must be referred by your GP, and you must be over 18.
    You can download information leaflets and referral forms from the HSE website.

I hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Very long waiting lists for HSE counselling,many community counselling services offer free counselling google is your friend here

Advertisement