Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2018 Edition)

• 31-12-2017 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Another year done and dusted -- happy to say I think I beat more games in 2017 than I did in 2016.
    Hoping to perhaps increase this again for 2018 so Happy New Year to all gamers alike.

Here's a complete list of the games I managed to get to the end credits of in 2017;

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
    Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
    Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix
    Gears of War 2
    Gears of War 3
    FIFA 17: The Journey
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Crash Bandicoot (N. Sane Trilogy)
    Toybox Turbos
    Tekken
    Tekken 2
    Tekken 3
    Little Nightmares
    Tekken 7
    Driver
    Sonic Mania
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den
    Bioshock: Infinite
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Canis Canem Edit (Bully)
    Super Castlevania IV
    Super Mario World
    Mega Man X
    Assassin's Creed: Origins
    Limbo
    Resident Evil 7

I think we all know the drill by now: Post all your completed games (for 2018) here, be it 100% or Main Campaign. :)

With that said; Commence!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Saw the credits roll on Super Mario Odyssey at about 00:25. Still a ways to go on this one before I'm finished finished though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I just finished Tacoma today; from the creators of Gone Home. Solid, but nothing spectacular. Took about three hours and that was because I was taking my time reading all the little notes and logs.

€5 feels like a fair price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think I can finish Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Completed The Last of Us remaster yesterday.

What

A

Game

I think it could well be my favourite game of all time.

It was breathtaking, tactical, scary, heartwrenching and thrilling at various stages.

Just a brilliant, brilliant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Championship Manager......completed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Shadow of War. Well, not the full thing, not going to bother with the grind bit to get the "true" ending. The game was alright, but not as good as the first game. I think by having so many different areas and so many more Orcs, you then lose what made the Nemesis system so great. You no longer remember most of the Orcs in the game. The gameplay was barely different from the first (and flying the drake was awful) and the story was just bland. Platinumed the first game but not even going to consider it for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

So for 2018

Game|Format|Date
    Wolfenstein 2|PS4|3-Jan
    Abzu|PS4|1-Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just finished Mario Odyssey, tis good. No Last Guardian however it did feel like a chore in certain parts ala Uncharted 4.

8/10

Zelda next.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Life is strange beyond the storm - PS4

TOKYO XANADU eX+ - PC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Saw the credits roll on Super Mario Odyssey at about 00:25. Still a ways to go on this one before I'm finished finished though :)
    Done! Having to grind for coins at the end wasn't fun, but didn't take too long.

• Advertisement

Finished 'The Sexy Brutale' a couple of days ago. Clever little puzzle game with a nice story and great music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I finished the demo of Rugby Challenge 3.

It consists of zero gameplay, and has you make a team of your dreams ... with all the Irish players non-licensed and replaced with generic Irish names not even close to Pro Evo levels of imitation.

Yeah, not getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

-Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Gorogoa
    -Steamworld Dig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So far this year…

Observer: A cyberpunk horror from the makers of Layers of Fear and with Rutger Hauer voicing the main character, it wears its Bladerunner influences on its sleeve. It's a game that had a lot of potential but for me personally, it never quite pulled it off. A couple of puzzle that were needlessly obtuse - one in particular I never would have solved without going to the internet. The plot was pants as well. It's not a bad game by any means - it just feels distinctly average which is a shame.

Hellblade: This was a fantastic game. It has a very oppressive atmosphere, especially when playing with headphones as recommended so I only played it in short bursts. It ticked all the boxes for me - a decent story, really impressive to look at and the gameplay and combat felt very satisfying. Hopefully more developers go down this route and make games like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Just completed Breath of the Wild 2 days ago. It's a breath of fresh air to see an open-world 3D Zelda without the dated aspects that hinder Zelda 1. The combat is also quite strategic, often requiring you to think of smart solutions to defeat a camp of monsters. This system of encouraging experimentation and smart thinking is awesome to say the least.

I will say this, however. The dungeons in older Zeldas (in general) were better, and I find the soundtrack to be unremarkable. The same can be said for the ending.

Just completed Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Wonderful piece of art and an important game. I hope this is played by as many people as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Finally got around to completing Uncharted 4. Mostly great, visually incredible. The level of detail is ridiculous. That said, the epilogue was absolutely pointless and the gunplay like all UC games, is just plain bad. Frustrating and not much fun.

I can forgive that though for the overall goodness.

Besides BotW, I have also beaten Super Mario Odyssey.

Another enjoyable title in the series, though probably not my favourite. Cappy is one concept to behold.

Completed 'The Fidelio Incident'. A short 'walking simulator' with very minor puzzles and a mechanic involving the need to stay warm. If you can pick it up for around €5, I think that is a fair price. Beautiful game built with the UE4 engine and headed up by the art director for God of War 3. One thing about this game is that it features two Irish characters which may be of interest to people here. Interesting story and topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Finished the first Lord campaign of the recent TWW2 Tomb Kings expansion there tonight/this morning. Great bit of DLC, faction plays very very different to the rest of the ones that have come before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Completed fully Horizon with DLC, the DLC was really good pity there isnt another one though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this year I have been mostly completing

Shadow of War: enjoyable stuff but a lot more filler and grindy stuff than the last game and also the combat felt easier, maybe that's from me playing al those Batman combat type of games.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - more of the same running and jumping. I skipped over most of the sidequest stuff and time trials and stayed mainly to the story. Not sure if this will get another sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Life is Strange. What a nice upbeat game.

Stupid game, making me realise I have a heart and making me make tough decisions.

But seriously though I thought it was really good

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Stupid game, making me realise I have a heart and making me make tough decisions.

You'd thank the game for making you make those decisions, as time passes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch
    Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Oxenfree || Nintendo Switch

Of all games to finish first after getting my Switch on Xmas lol

I liked the game but the long loading times and the very bad checkpoint system really put me off playing it on occasions. Its such a short game but it took me the whole week to finish because of the above.

Maybe those issues are exclusive to the Switch, I dont know.

Its a short and sweet game with fairly likeable characters. Handy for the €5 I paid for it. (I cant say I would have paid the full price of €20)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I beat Mario Kart 7 (won all the cups) and Picross e8.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished Homeworld 2: Remastered last night. Not as good as the first, but still a very enjoyable game. The music is absolutely fantastic though, and one of the best soundtracks in a game that i can remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Finished Dark Souls 3 last night eventually. Onwards to the DLC.

Advertisement