Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2018 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch
    Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Uncharted The Lost Legacy - PS4
    Crash bandicoot 3 Warped- PS4
    Destiny 2 - PS4
    Saints Row 4 Re elected - PS4
    Syberia - Nintendo Switch
    Hitman - PS4
    Back to the Future - Xbox one
    Brothers - Xbox one
    Far cry 5 - PS4
    Fifa 18 - PS4
    The Turing Test - Xbox One
    God of War - PS4
    Mirrors Edge Catalyst - PS4

Batman - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Assassin's Creed II || PS4

The last time I played this game was in 2009 or thereabouts, on Xbox. I got all the achievements (1000/1000) and I remember saying "thank god. I hated that game", because I really did not enjoy it as much as the original (I'm aware this is contrary to popular opinion) and also because I did not like Ezio and did not enjoy his character at all, nor did I like the setting (I didn't enjoy Italy as a setting for this game - the locations, the history - everything about it was not appealing to me at the time)

10 years later I bought the Ezio Collection on PS4, thinking I'll give it another chance and, as an adult, scraping 30, I might have a different opinion.

Well, I must say it's gone from being my least favourite to almost being my favourite. I appreciated the setting a lot more. I enjoyed exploring the locations
    (and I loved the brief setting of Rome near the end of the game - hoping it appears in Revelations as a fully explorable location)
    . I actually enjoyed Ezio's story and I'm very much looking forward to playing Brotherhood and Revelations properly for the first time.

I was enjoying it that much it now serves as my 6th platinum trophy.

The only complaints I had were the controls. They really have not aged that well.

Games Beaten This Year So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SONIC MANIA|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS|PLAYSTATION 4
    STEAMWORLD DIG|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    UNCHARTED 3|PLAYSTATION 4
    UNCHARTED 4|PLAYSTATION 4
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM|PLAYSTATION 4
    BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 2|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 3|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 4|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 5|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 6|NINTENDO SWITCH
    BLOODSTAINED: CURSE OF THE MOON|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FLASHBACK|NINTENDO SWITCH
    ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY|PLAYSTATION 4
    RIVER CITY RANSOM|NES
    ASSASSIN'S CREED II|PLAYSTATION 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Final fantasy xv - ps4

Far cry 5 - ps4

Xenoblade chronicles 2 - Nintendo switch

Far Cry 3 - ps4

God of war - ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Adding another two* to my list:

Nintendo Switch

Super Mario Odyssey: Very, very good game! Finished it with about 300 moons, so lots of reasons to go back and play the hidden worlds for more moons and retrace my steps through the more familiar worlds for the hundreds I've missed
    SteamWorld Dig 2: More goodness from Image & Form, improving on the excellent SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Heist games. Highly recommend.

*Hollow Knight: Wow. One of the best games I've ever played. Put about 50 hours into it. A must have for the Switch, really really suits the system.

PC

*Titanfall 2: Finished the campaign and really liked it, great FPS, both innovative and cinematic. Will try the multiplayer at some stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Finished Assassins creed origins, im not really a AC guy but i really enjoyed it, probably should have played it when i bought it :o
    Anyways onto continuing completing my backlog before i buy another game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

God Of War - Fantastic. Playing through it again.
    Shenmue - Just finished it last night. One of my favourite games during my teenage years. Never played the sequel so i'm looking forward to playing through that now.
    Inside - Love this game and definitely prefer it to Limbo. The art direction is stunning and I was thinking about this game long after I had finished playing through it.
    Mario Tennis Aces - Good game. Single player is a bit thin and repetitive but multiplayer and online multiplayer is great fun.
    Persona 5 - Finally finished this game and I love it to bits but it's way too long for an old person like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Doom - PC version. Well that was fun. Did manage to get lost a few times and died a lot. But really enjoyed it.

Next on to a Nintendo system

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One]

Super Lucky's Tale: Guardian Trials (DLC)

More great platforming gameplay. After the main game I had every achievement but after both DLC's they added beat the last boss fight of each DLC without getting hit which is pretty damn hard to be honest. I nearly beat the first DLC boss with out getting hit two nights ago after going back to it for the achievement I went the whole fight without getting hit until they spawned a enemy right on top of me so got hit. Tried it again with a bit of confidence but got hit a few times until I gave up.

The Dancefloor one I used the exploit to slow it down , also had the issue of bee's spawning on me for the other one. Gave up on the one you have to stay burrowed for the whole level.

Some of the achievements they added were ridiculous like "I’m a Completionist"

The Dancefloor one I used the exploit to slow it down , also had the issue of bee's spawning on me for the other one. Gave up on the one you have to stay burrowed for the whole level.

Some of the achievements they added were ridiculous like "I’m a Completionist"

I didn't know there was a exploit. I will go back and try it maybe tonight. I didn't find the one where you are burrowed to be too bad. Well truth fully I had to try it a few times. You can have a break at each check point which helps a lot.

• Advertisement

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4

If I played through this just for the story, I would've had it done in a couple of days. I ended up ruining the fun for myself by obsessively trying to do everything in the game and it put me off for nearly a week. I just lost patience and decided to power through the final couple of chapters today. I'm gonna make an attempt to go through AC: Revelations during the week and get it done before Spider-Man comes out.

Verdict: Basically the same as Assassin's Creed 2 with a good few extras added. My favourite feature in the game was the ability to call in loads of assassin's to do some of the grunt work for you.
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    RIVER CITY RANSOM|NES
    ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD|PLAYSTATION 4

[Xbox One]

Murdered Soul Suspect

Really good game. Managed to get every achievement. It was my second time playing it as I played it before on PC a few years ago. Looked amazing on the One X at 4k. I don't even know if it is a One X enhanced game but it looked to as if it was.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4

Rolling credits as I write this. I literally just rushed through it over 4 days. I kind of wanted to get it done in time so I could jump into Spider Man tomorrow.

Storywise this game got a little bit convoluted.
    Although I did enjoy the Altaïr segments - I enjoyed seeing his story arc a lot more than Ezio's by this stage.

Gameplaywise there wasn't really that much to do compared to Brotherhood, or, rather, there wasn't much added. I don't know what it was, it felt very samey, apart from the tower defense sections which I couldn't have cared less about. The Borgia towers were replaced with Templar "Dens": same function, different coat of paint. The Brotherhood missions were the very same: they never changed much apart from the fact your assassins would level up much quicker than in AC:B, and was also made less important (in AC:B, each max-level Assassin was met with a cutscene where he/she is honoured, which I really enjoyed as it felt like a miniature accomplishment - whereas in AC:R it was a breeze and overly quick). I enjoyed the inclusion of the hook blade, it made climbing a lot easier.

Other than that it was basically Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood "2", I know that sounds daft, but AC:B was a huge improvement over the already great AC2, and Revelations just felt like a tiny update in a different setting.
    It was a very, very good game to play nonetheless - it isn't crap, but if it was tacked onto AC: Brotherhood as an expansion of some sort, I'd forgive it, but I think this game was sold at full price and it was fairly lesser than the previous instalment. I can kind of see why it's regarded as the weakest of the Ezio trilogy, but I don't hate it. I still enjoyed my time with it.
    I kind of wish Assassin's Creed III was remastered in the same vein as The Ezio Collection and Rogue, it's the only AC game I really miss playing (aye, I know - unpopular opinion but I'll take any game set in the American Revolutionary War any given day of the week)

All in all I can finally say with happiness that I experienced the Ezio Trilogy for the first time and I was not disappointed. I very much regret not playing them at the time and giving them a proper chance, and being part of the conversation, as it deserves all its praise.

Castlevania || NES

This was my first time playing the original game, and Jesus Christ it can get relentless at times. There was a lot of trial and error on this.
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    RIVER CITY RANSOM|NES
    ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS|PLAYSTATION 4
    CASTLEVANIA|NES

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just completed Rise of the Tomb Raider. Started off well then has a lull after a few hours before it turns well again.
    Story kept pushing you forward at varying pace, I liked Jacob as a character as I thought he was undercover for Ana at first but his backstory made sense when it was revealed. The villains Ana & Konstantin were kinda shallow and the former was not fleshed out near enough considering her relationship to Lara. When Jonah basically is brought back to life by Jacob it was treated like a smaller moment than it should be, Lara risked her life and adventure to recapture him and then leaves moments after he got stabbed. I often feel like those occult or fantasy moments are brushed aside too much in the series now.
    Gameplay was always enjoyable as the bow is tremendous fun to use and buying skills or upgrades increased the variety nicely. Climbing is always helped using variety with axes and arrows rather than just hold/tap X and the analogue stick. Tombs were a nice improvement on the first game but still always containing one eureka moment so often on the short side. Same with the side missions which I gave up on late on.
    Played the Baba Yaga DLC mission which was shorter than I expected. Boss fight was very repetitive pull her pot in to a fire, pull a lever then repeat 5 or 6 times.
    Blood Ties was strangely far more enjoyable despite offering zero combat you just explore Croft manor in a way similar to Gone Home opening passages as you solve teasers and puzzles. I can't fathom why this series doesn't do challenge rooms like Batman did. Or even co-op tombs.
    I enjoyed this more than I expected 5 hours in. DLC is a mild let down; there is a load of content in here but like most games now it can feel a bit bloated if you reach a new area and the story pushes you forward so you have to make a choice on what to prioritise; the story or side activities too many of which are collectables or checklists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The Baba Yaga mission was a DLC? The story felt like a bit of a detour but I never even twigged that it wasn't part of the main game when I was playing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Baba Yaga mission was a DLC? The story felt like a bit of a detour but I never even twigged that it wasn't part of the main game when I was playing it...

Yup, Blood Ties, Baba Yaga, an endurance mode and costumes were all part of a season pass. The pass is currently around 30 quid too which just isn't worth it unless it's in sale cheap on Steam or Live. The pass was built into the PS4 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yup, Blood Ties, Baba Yaga, an endurance mode and costumes were all part of a season pass. The pass is currently around 30 quid too which just isn't worth it unless it's in sale cheap on Steam or Live. The pass was built into the PS4 version.

Yeah, I played it on PS4 so all the content came already loaded. That's why I never twigged that it was a DLC.

the modern tomb raider games are great but haven't had a good boss fight in any of them. though that baba yaga dlc was fairly rubbish.

I actually don't like boss fight in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished God of War. All that hype was well deserved, in my opinion. Outstanding game.

Atreus is up there with Ellie in the hall of fame for not annoying but actually useful and cool child characters.

Also, Ending
    That Thor stinger got me so hyped. Amazing introduction.

• Advertisement

Spider-Man || PS4

Haven't played this good a Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 about 14 years ago. Definitely the best one.
    Great story, great gameplay, unbelievable visuals, great character interaction - my only complaint was the sections where you have to play as other characters for a couple of missions, it kinda ruined the tempo on me at times. Other than that it's definitely the best Spider-Man game goin'.

Fantastic job by Insomniac.
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    RIVER CITY RANSOM|NES
    CASTLEVANIA|NES
    SPIDER-MAN|PLAYSTATION 4

[Xbox One]

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light

Really good game, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The challenge tombs were pretty easy I thought. I started Temple of Osiris but it didn't click with me yet(I just played the first level) so I may go back to it at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished Wolfenstein The New Order on PS4 the other day. It was good, but I'm not getting the love for it other people are saying it deserves. It trodded along nicely, some nice scenes and wasn't easy, but I won't remember most of it. Started The Old Blood and getting a similar feeling.

Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Destiny 2 - PS4
    Hitman - PS4
    Brothers - Xbox one
    Far cry 5 - PS4
    Fifa 18 - PS4
    God of War - PS4
    Batman - PS4

Watchdogs 2 - PS4

[Xbox One]

Forza Horizon(Xbox 360 game)

Really good game. I played it bit by bit. Few races here and a few races there. They also do not sell the rally DLC any more as I cannot seem to find it. I even looked on the 360 and no joy.

I have a couple of races left to do as well though just for achievements and try to get to number one.

Also what is with supercars races down dirt tracks.

Prototype || PS4

This was a terrible idea...

I recently finished Spider-Man, and then went straight to this....

I bought Prototype because of some strange nostalgia reasoning (I hadn't played it since 2009 and when I saw it on sale I was like "ah I remember this!") and the first thing I did was run through the whole map grabbing all the collectibles (because, like I said, I just finished Spider-Man....) then after doing a few side missions here and there and a couple of main story missions I realised;
    This game has not aged well.

Visually, it looks like a very late PS2 game and I say that with as little exaggeration intended as possible.
    The controls were very clunky. More often than not I would be trying to lock-on to particular targets and I end up locking on to someone completely out of my field of vision, and getting punished as a result.
    The only saving grace this game had were two things;

1/ The checkpoint system was fairly generous.
    2/ The game's story was fairly quick, only 31 missions strong.

It took me about 8 or 9 hours to beat, but I took half a week to do it, because I was pretty much done with this game by the half way mark.

The moment I rolled credits, I saved it, closed it, then deleted it.
    I don't think I'll bother playing the sequel.

It really is a poor-person's Infamous.
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    RIVER CITY RANSOM|NES
    CASTLEVANIA|NES
    SPIDER-MAN|PLAYSTATION 4
    PROTOTYPE|PLAYSTATION 4

Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Destiny 2 - PS4
    Hitman - PS4
    Brothers - Xbox one
    Far cry 5 - PS4
    Fifa 18 - PS4
    God of War - PS4
    Batman - PS4
    Watchdogs 2 - PS4

Fifa 18 - Nintendo Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

none im useless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Viewtiful Joe. Pfft, So easy :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Yesterday, I finished the main story of Spider-Man on the PS4. Dedicated most of my gaming hours to it for the past 2 weeks.

Advertisement