Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

Replace Smuggler's Creek with Tommy G... Ugh, beaten to 3rd by a nose Lost

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

splurged my free fiver on a e/w double, payout is €985
    Plumpton
    3:40
    Judge Judy 25-1
    newbie horse with good pedigree

wolves
    4:35 lady sophiebella 7-1
    3rd in a handicap before xmas, getting closer to winning with each run

doing a good e/w single on sophiebella also

Wolverhampton 5:10

Cricklewood Green (Cover Bet 3 places) - 0.5pt@5/1

Outer Space, Energia Flavio, Al Khan - 0.1 combo forecast/tricast

3 of these in the last 4 :confused::mad:

5:40 @ Wolverhampton

Humbert - 2pts@Evs

Winner at 5/4 :D

5:10 @ Kempton

1pt E/W on Arlecchino's Leap @ 12/1 (4places, 1/4 odds) bet365

3rd Jan, missed the start badly over 7f at Wolverhampton. Left itself with too much to do coming around the turn. Finished only a length behind Little Miss Kodi and a length ahead of the favourite in this race, and LTO winner Tavener. Decent 5lb claimer on board in Nicola Currie, usually gives her all so if close to placing, she'll push it on as much as she can.

1pt on Captain Pugwash @ 4/1

Edit: Nope

• Advertisement

4:35 @ Kempton

Oloudah and Burauq will probably try and set the pace here while Mercers if using the same winning tactics as LTO will be joining New Rich around the back of the field to have a crack at these 2 with 1/2 furlongs to go.
    LTO Oloudah and New Rich ran exactly the same times (1:13, not sure about the milliseconds) over the 6f trip at Kempton and both seemed to be trying their damnedest to win. With Oloudah up 2lbs from coming 2nd to Pulsating and New Rich up 4lbs, as well as Nicola Currie, who's had a good start to the year so far, claiming 5lbs on Oloudah, it seems as though it's 7lbs better off than New Rich. As much as I love watching the sniping runs of the late-comers to win the race I'm going to have to go with my head over my heart this time and pick Oloudah over New Rich.

2pts win on Oloudah @6/4

Edit: Thought Oloudah would at least beat Burauq :confused: This horse just doesn't look like it'll ever win :(

Of course one of late-comers beats me... Always stick with your instincts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A little 5/4 but mainly 6/5 available for Corinthian Knight in the 6 40 Kem,should be too good for these and connections will be keen to get in to the good friday bonanza at Ling,looks to only have one to beat and seems value to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

think makaarim will take a fair bit of beating in the 5.40, only 13/8 though.

.1 combi f/c, t/c

Captain Pugwash
    Trotter
    Tavener

Edit: Today has not gone well so far :(

mailburner wrote: »
    think makaarim will take a fair bit of beating in the 5.40, only 13/8 though.

this kinda hurts, only have 6 horses in my stable as I only started following again a couple of weeks ago
    the draw put me off...still won handy :(

33a7051.jpg

• Advertisement

Aumerle to win... 3/1

Aumerle to win... 3/1

makes two of us :D

-7.2pts today :(

KIMBERLEY POINT runs in the bumper at 2 .40 Market Rasen and looks a very good ew bet to me.
    Trained by Alan King she was 2nd of 18 behind Diamond Gait on last november,running on late over 2 miles given too much to do.

The longer trip will be perfect now and the form is solid with the winner being a good second in a listed bumper next time,the mare is off for a couple of months but Alan King should have her fit (King yard 6 from 21 in bumpers this season) and around 6/1--7/1 is an excellent ew bet.

The mare who was 3rd behind KIMBERLEY POINT ran 2nd in a mares hurdle next time and SENSULANO has an ew chance in the 3 30 at Newbury even though there is a very short priced fav in the race trained by N Henderson who has not raced under rules yet, but won a point.

The 2nd fav has very good form and trained by Harry Fry could be a danger but her best form is on good ground and i am happy to back SENSULANO ew at 8/1.

Slidingdowntherhine is pretty short in the hunter chase at 3 50 in Clonmel,trained by Jim Dreaper he could well win if back to his best but his last two runs were disappointing and I am going to have a few quid ew on a horse that has 10 changes of trainer beside his name in a long career but is basically a family horse who has won 6 or 7 times in points.

Follow the Moon is the horse and I saw him run a fine race at Christmas in Limerick when 2nd to a fancied one,as good as ever at 13 years he old can repay ew support in the last on the testing ground at Clonmel.

That race was abandoned.
    The two horses meet again and i still believe old FOLLOW THE MOON is an ew bet in the 4 10 at Fairyhouse.

F house off and SENSULANO a non runner at Newbury so hoping M Rasen is given the go ahead after 10 oc inspection to see if KIMBERLEY POINT can do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

F house off and SENSULANO a non runner at Newbury so hoping M Rasen is given the go ahead after 10 oc inspection to see if KIMBERLEY POINT can do the business.

hmmmm tricky race that one and Kimberly point is one of 3 that I fancy

2:40
    early learner 11-1 , bought for a lot of notes after winning an irish point and trainer has a good strike rate in bumpers
    kimberley point 7-1 runner up in November and the winner of that race was runner up in a listed race next time out
    derriana spirit 13/2 runner up both races against males

I think i will do my normal stake on 2 but just a small e/w on early learner with Kimberley being my main bet

After yesterday's disaster only 2/3 today...

Newcastle 6:00 - Testa Rossa 5/1
    Newcastle 4:00 - Apalis 6/4
    Lingfield 2:50 - Great Return 3/1

Drifted and certainly was not ripe for todays return.

After yesterday's disaster only 2/3 today...

Newcastle 6:00 - Testa Rossa 5/1
    Newcastle 4:00 - Apalis 6/4
    Lingfield 2:50 - Great Return 3/1

Yess!!! Turned it around :cool: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Steelyeyed 6:00
    Ishebayorgrey 7:30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Canford art 8 Dundalk can go in again and is fancied

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Beaten a neck, no good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Steelyeyed 6:00
    Ishebayorgrey 7:30
    Lovely 7/1 sp winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

vandriver wrote: »
    Lovely 7/1 sp winner.

Yep it was a nice one backed in from the 12/1 it was at the time of posting

PP going 4 places in the 2 25 Ascot and money back if the winning distance is 2 lengths or more.

I put a few quid ew on Man of Plenty at 14/1,has been running well enough in big field handicaps and with the claimers allowance could have a bit of a squeak today.

PP going 4 places in the 2 25 Ascot and money back if the winning distance is 2 lengths or more.

I put a few quid ew on Man of Plenty at 14/1,has been running well enough in big field handicaps and with the claimers allowance could have a bit of a squeak today.
    Visited a few offices to avail of the money back offer and got the place money as well

TOP ME UP 2.55 Chelmsford looks the days best bet to me,badly hampered last time when trying 10 furlongs for only the second time.Only finished 7th but not beaten far and looks very well handicapped to me.

Has won off this mark before and trainer Gaye Kellaway is on fire (3 winners in last 7 days).
    I have had a good ew bet on TOP ME UP at 11/2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Anything for today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

I quite fancy two at lingers.

15.10 mythical madness
    15.45 mighty mac

Both jockeys with good records around here and two well handicapped horses. 9-1 was the price I took this morning for two singles and an ew double and I think that is fair.

Advertisement