Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

Also we need to know 'courtesy' aha you could start memorising that?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

What are the list of definitions people have mentioned us needing to memorize?

I know for certain 'courtesy' is one, can't remember the other two. If you Google 'courtesy is an essential quality and one which smoothes many a path' it brings it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Courtesy definition has now gone. You'll get them after induction. It's basically your powers and offences, not all but the main ones.

The big one to get started on is the caution.

If you're going to search online make sure they are NI specific as we are special and unique lol e.g the NI caution is ever so slightly different to the English caution. The meaning is the same but different wording.

If anyone hasn't seen this thread yet - worth a read. From about 17/12 at least

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2055236430/73#105749928

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Hope the shoes are all shined ladies and gents! Just flicking though one of the documents again. I’m reading it as we receive our district allocation at induction but won’t be allocated to a local policing team until after completion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

MayDupname wrote: »
    Hope the shoes are all shined ladies and gents! Just flicking though one of the documents again. I’m reading it as we receive our district allocation at induction but won’t be allocated to a local policing team until after completion?

You get told your station week 21 or 22. Just before your Operational Competency Assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Even the anticipation of finding out your district is exciting enough!  I think that's right, you'll get the district but not the LPT.

Nearly all ready to go - all I have to do is collect my suit from the dry cleaners and get my passport photographs.  Going to have to go through the welcome pack again as well to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Love that Garnerville thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

From the Candidate guide
    'In your first week at the college you will be introduced to Policing in the Community. You will have your first district visit where you will meet your new team and be introduced to the local area.'

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Batman8730

Just joined this. Nerves are kicking in. Think I’ve everything ready to go.

Just joined this. Nerves are kicking in. Think I’ve everything ready to go.

Welcome aboard - we'll all be meeting for real soon enough!

Can’t wait. Only got my date 2 weeks ago. So bit behind. But running like mad every night to get the fitness up again.

Don't go too mad! Can't have EVERYONE show me up 😂

Don't go too mad! Can't have EVERYONE show me up 😂

Just catching up with SAS: Are You Tough Enough. The mind-set of them lads is something else. Although I’m quite sure we won’t have it a tenth as tough, physically anyway. Prepare yourself for the worst and all that!

It's a great show - and quite often it's not the fittest who survive the longest.  There's a lot to be said for mental strength. Everyone has a breaking point but it's how you deal with it.  We should all be pretty resilient after this wait anyway!

Email through about classis this morning

Yeah, seen that.  Very real now!  Can't wait to get going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheBearcop

Hair cut and beard trimmed, suit cleaned documents in order just too get them shoes shiny and that should be me hopefully:) excited

I'm all ready bar my photographs.  Going to wait until I'm suited and booted and get them before I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

How does first months pay work?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 R007

How does first months pay work?

If you're in before 15th Feb 2018 then you'll be paid the last working day of Feb. After the 15th Feb then you'll be waiting until the last working day of March.

Has Anyone been able to start the next stage? I can't see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheBearcop

Not yet was hoping to start it this weekend but hopefully we can get it going on Monday

All went very quiet in here post induction. Have we all had the life scared out of us with the amount we've to cover?!

Looking forward to getting stuck in all the same.

Yea I'm nervous about it all now haha.

Currently just doing next stage here now! Trying to make a dent in it but also trying to learn to make it easier down the line

Yea me too, although nerves are to be expected. It's a huge career change. We earned our place so we're well fit for it!

I'm working my way though it here too exactly like you, hoping I can retain the info for further down the line. But I know for a fact there's going to be some late nights trying to get the learning to stick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pandabear97

Without getting into dates can someone shoot me a PM as to what we will roughly get paid at the end of February?

Advertisement