Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes you need to take Finasteride to stop further hair loss.

Transplanted hair itself is immune to MPB, but you will continue to lose hair in areas affected by it without Finasteride.

So for example if you got your crown and temples done, you'd still lose hair around the crown and behind temples without Finasteride.

Also, stuff like regaine is designed to slow down a maturing hairline, will do very little for actual male pattern baldness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Pug160 wrote: »
    Hello fellas. I'm currently thinking about getting a hair transplant done myself but I still have a lot more questions than answers at this point. The biggest question of all is: do you need to take, and keep taking finasteride (or anything else which may have a similar effect) for the transplant to work long term? I seem to be hearing different opinions. Having read some of the horror stories about finasteride, it's really something I don't want to take. Although with that being said, I am currently taking saw palmetto and astaxanthin. I did this out of curiosity rather than any real expectation..
    Another really big question for me is what clinic to actually go to. I don't know anyone who has had this procedure done so I can only really try my best to look at reviews and get advice on forums like this.

No, taking Fin is not a requirement in order to get a hair transplant but it is encouraged in most cases, especially in younger patients, in order to slow further loss. An additional reason that a hair transplant doctor may encourage its use is that if taken for a period prior to the transplant sufficiently long for the drug to take effect, if the patient is an excellent responder it may reduce the amount of grafts required for an acceptable result, or encourage the doctor to be more aggressive with placement knowing that the patient responds well to the drug or even, to be more cynical, simply because if taken at the time of the transplant will add to the perception of a successful result.

Note however that the efficacy of the drug tends to decrease over the years with time, so any expectation that Fin plus hair transplant means sorted for life is a misguided one.

I see that you take Saw Palmetto which is a DHT inhibitor like Fin, if you are worried about taking Fin, asking yourself why you don't feel the same about Saw Palmetto would be worthwhile in my opinion.

Just FYI one of the top clinics in the world were providing their patients with topical fin, https://hassonandwong.com/topical-finasteride-solution-prescription/ with a view to minimizing side effects but I have no knowledge of how successful it is in that regard and whether it is as effective as normal Fin wrt to slowing hair loss

Transplanted hair itself is not necessarily immune to MPB. Youre reliant on the doctor accurately determing the safe zone from which to extract donor hair but they cannot predict with 100% certainty the extent of your safe zone in say 20 years time, but top doctors should be able to minimiize these risks, which obviously are higher with FUE than FUT. Another, probably less likely possibility is, if your hairloss is more diffuse in nature then donor hair from within the safe zone may later miniaturise, but again hopefully top doctors would be able to recognize/predict this

With respect to getting a hair transplant and choosing a doctor, this is an absolute minefield in my opinion and even in 2018 getting a hair transplant is still a very big gamble for many reasons, not least achiveing a good result initially is not guranteed and even if a good result is achieved how will it look 10 years later? Will you have sufficient donor hair/cash etc. for further work if needed?

I'll try to reply with more information in a later post if you're interested but for now, with respect, I suspect that based on your questions you have a significant amount of research to do before deciding to go ahead with a transplant. Just my opinion, I mean no offence, it's just that you really do not want to rush into this and make some bad decisions that can have life long consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭St1mpMeister

Hello fellas. I'm currently thinking about getting a hair transplant done myself but I still have a lot more questions than answers at this point. The biggest question of all is: do you need to take, and keep taking finasteride (or anything else which may have a similar effect) for the transplant to work long term? I seem to be hearing different opinions. Having read some of the horror stories about finasteride, it's really something I don't want to take. Although with that being said, I am currently taking saw palmetto and astaxanthin. I did this out of curiosity rather than any real expectation..
    Another really big question for me is what clinic to actually go to. I don't know anyone who has had this procedure done so I can only really try my best to look at reviews and get advice on forums like this.

I got mine done in Dublin recently availing of the Ailesbury Clinic 25% boards.ie discount (not sure if it's still available but worth a shot asking).

Very impressed with the results and professionalism of all staff involved. Had 3,500 implants (they ended up doing around 3,754!). I'm actually amazed that after only 3 weeks the areas I had done actually look like relatively full hair under normal light compared to the almost complete baldness before (you're not really supposed to see a real difference for a few months). The areas now look like "thinning hair" as opposed to "bald" and will thicken up over time.

The main reason I got it done is that I didn't fancy getting started on any medication that I'd have to take for the rest of my life e.g. Finasteride. So I haven't bothered trying out anything, even Rogaine, as I know I wouldn't have the discipline to keep it going while I'm off backpacking or on a few nights out etc.

Just get it done. It's like going to the dentist (albeit you have a bad haircut for 2 weeks after!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

No, taking Fin is not a requirement in order to get a hair transplant but it is encouraged in most cases, especially in younger patients, in order to slow further loss. An additional reason that a hair transplant doctor may encourage its use is that if taken for a period prior to the transplant sufficiently long for the drug to take effect, if the patient is an excellent responder it may reduce the amount of grafts required for an acceptable result, or encourage the doctor to be more aggressive with placement knowing that the patient responds well to the drug or even, to be more cynical, simply because if taken at the time of the transplant will add to the perception of a successful result.

Note however that the efficacy of the drug tends to decrease over the years with time, so any expectation that Fin plus hair transplant means sorted for life is a misguided one.

I see that you take Saw Palmetto which is a DHT inhibitor like Fin, if you are worried about taking Fin, asking yourself why you don't feel the same about Saw Palmetto would be worthwhile in my opinion.

Just FYI one of the top clinics in the world were providing their patients with topical fin, https://hassonandwong.com/topical-finasteride-solution-prescription/ with a view to minimizing side effects but I have no knowledge of how successful it is in that regard and whether it is as effective as normal Fin wrt to slowing hair loss

Transplanted hair itself is not necessarily immune to MPB. Youre reliant on the doctor accurately determing the safe zone from which to extract donor hair but they cannot predict with 100% certainty the extent of your safe zone in say 20 years time, but top doctors should be able to minimiize these risks, which obviously are higher with FUE than FUT. Another, probably less likely possibility is, if your hairloss is more diffuse in nature then donor hair from within the safe zone may later miniaturise, but again hopefully top doctors would be able to recognize/predict this

With respect to getting a hair transplant and choosing a doctor, this is an absolute minefield in my opinion and even in 2018 getting a hair transplant is still a very big gamble for many reasons, not least achiveing a good result initially is not guranteed and even if a good result is achieved how will it look 10 years later? Will you have sufficient donor hair/cash etc. for further work if needed?

I'll try to reply with more information in a later post if you're interested but for now, with respect, I suspect that based on your questions you have a significant amount of research to do before deciding to go ahead with a transplant. Just my opinion, I mean no offence, it's just that you really do not want to rush into this and make some bad decisions that can have life long consequences
    I got mine done in Dublin recently availing of the Ailesbury Clinic 25% boards.ie discount (not sure if it's still available but worth a shot asking).

Very impressed with the results and professionalism of all staff involved. Had 3,500 implants (they ended up doing around 3,754!). I'm actually amazed that after only 3 weeks the areas I had done actually look like relatively full hair under normal light compared to the almost complete baldness before (you're not really supposed to see a real difference for a few months). The areas now look like "thinning hair" as opposed to "bald" and will thicken up over time.

The main reason I got it done is that I didn't fancy getting started on any medication that I'd have to take for the rest of my life e.g. Finasteride. So I haven't bothered trying out anything, even Rogaine, as I know I wouldn't have the discipline to keep it going while I'm off backpacking or on a few nights out etc.

Just get it done. It's like going to the dentist (albeit you have a bad haircut for 2 weeks after!) :)

I have done my homework on the basics but there is a lot to learn so I appreciate the replies. I know that saw palmetto is supposed to work in the same way as finasteride, but going by everything I have read, it is not anywhere near as potent, and in the cases where it did have a negative effect it was more likely to be reversed. Going by the Norwood Scale, I seem to be type 3 vertex, which is ''receding hairline and thinning hair on the vertex.'' So not too extreme. Although I do have a naturally high hairline and seem to have had a widow's peak since I was a teenager. Since the bald gene is supposed to be on the mother's side of the family, I asked my Mum how bald my Granddad was and she said he was similar to myself, and was never at the more extreme end of the baldness scale, so maybe that's a little bit of good news.

I turned 33 in August there and I suppose I sort of view this hair transplant idea as a kind of centrepiece to the improvements I will have made when I have finished with the things I want to do. I made a decision last year to really polish up my appearance, and not do anything half heartedly (joined a good dentist, had my first fraxel laser treatment, going for hair removal treatment soon etc.) So I may differ from some of you guys in that this is not a just a single issue, but part of a bigger idea. I have checked out the Ailesbury Clinic and it looks decent enough from what I've read. I'd definitely rather go somewhere within Ireland/UK, unless I know for sure that going further afield to places like Turkey and Poland is worth it. I must say, I'd rather go somewhere with good customer support, and deal with someone who is honest, and will not just tell me things I want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I've arranged a consultation with Ailesbury. So you would recommend? If you don't mind me asking how much did your operation cost?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Lads when researching who to choose to perform your hair transplant you should be thinking in terms of doctors not clinics, the result is highly dependent on the experience and skill of the physician and even the worlds best physicians get unsatisfactory results. Exactly how frequently this occurs is open to debate since you obviously don't learn about all the bad results out there but when even the top doctors in the world have disappointed patients and offer touch ups, even refunds on occasion, it gives some impression about the complexity of the procedure and with some many variables involved, getting the doctor right is vital

(Typically a bad result from a top doctor involves sub-par growth, whereas results from a poor doctors can range from sub-par growth, to unnatural looking graft placement, to excessive donor harvesting, excessive scarring and in extreme cases, resultant devastating impact on the patients mental health)

You only have one head and limited donor, you should only trust a physician who has dozens if not hundreds of well documented results, can put you in touch with multiple patients so that you can see results in person and is a doctor for which you can positive feedback and photos from his previous patients online. Reputation for excellent after care is essential too, because if things don't go as planned you don't want to be simply cut loose.

You should also establish how much of the procedure the doctor does himself and what he leaves to his technicians. Ideally you want a doctor who does as much as possible himself, in FUE terms this includes incisions, extractions and implantation, although as far as I am aware this is becoming less common. Other variables are (for FUE) whether or not the doctor uses a manual punch or motorized (many claim the former is better)

Furthermore not all transplants are equal, some more of the aforementioned variables to a successful hair transplant are hair colour, current hair loss, expected future loss, hair calibre, average number of follicles per graft, hair type (curly/wavy/straight), loss pattern, donor capacity, if FUT, scalp laxity so when looking at patients results try to focus on patients with similar characteristics to your own, there's no point in a wispy, red-haired Irish man thinking he'll get the same results as some dark skinned, horse-haired Mediterranean man with dense donor

I think it is useful to remember that the hair restoration industry is one that up until not many years ago was happily, routinely, butchering naive desperate young men, ruining lives and using deceitful methods to get new patients (Ireland included here!). I know this sounds extreme, but it is an industry with a very shady, often unethical history and a dose of reality is often needed for those prospective patients contemplating hair transplants who may be feeling despair at the hair falling out at young age; being cynical, questioning everything and exhaustively researching will hopefully avoid them rushing into something they'll regret for the rest of their lives.

I don't want to speak for the OP, based on the photos he has provided his result has been very good so far, but the important things to note are that he had done a couple of years research, he was prepared to travel, he chose a doctor in Turkey that has a good reputation with a lot of documented results online and he is on medication. Don't just assume everyone has a good as result as the OP

The intention of my posts in this thread is not to put people off hair transplants but to encourage people to be careful. Unlike going to the dentist, when a patient gets out the surgeons chair they've just taken the first step in the overall process and it won't be for some time afterwards, maybe years, before they can know if they made the right decision

I've arranged a consultation with Ailesbury. So you would recommend? If you don't mind me asking how much did your operation cost?

Yeah I recommend them as:

- They are in Ireland so easy to go for follow-up consultations (they request you come back after 10 months for a free follow-up and they will fill in any gaps (for free, again as part of the original fee) where the new follicles didn't take or where gaps are more apparent when the hair is longer)

- Additionally the fact it's in Ireland makes it a hell of a lot easier to do the aftercare procedure in the comfort of your own home, which lasts for around 4-5 days without having the stress of being shipped back on a plane straight away! Stress is bad after the operation as you want to keep your blood pressure low. Read my notes below...

- They have a written guarantee that 90% of the follicles placement will be successful (or whatever the wording is) and as mentioned before they will replace any gratis that didn't take.

- Their pre/after support is fantastic and have answered my 100 or so questions with no problems.

- They weren't EXTRAORDINARILY expensive as I've heard a certain south Dublin establishment is

- Finally, they did a fantastic job, and the staff were very attentive throughout calming any nerves I might have had going into the operation.

Regarding pricing, they had a sponsored forum up on boards where they detail the sort of pricing in post #16: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103723124

So I got the 25% boards discount off that rate. The discount was only until end of 2017 but maybe they'll keep it going for Jan 2018 (you'd probably need to pay a deposit to secure the price though).

A few things to note though...

- You need to cut the back and sides down to 1mm (not a 1 blade which is actually 3mm) so be prepared to rock the hipster look for a few weeks

- You'll have to spray saline solution on the implant area every 30-60 mins for the first 3-4 days. It's a real hassle, but gotta be done. This is why it's better to take a 2 week holiday off for this.
    I'm fortunately working from home at the moment so it worked out fine but I don't think I'd like to have to do this working in an office environment.
    You're housebound for a few days after anyway unless you want to wear a goofy hat which protects your implant area.

- You can't exercise for a few days after as you need to keep your blood pressure fairly even to avoid too much blood rushing to the head area possibly having an effect on the roots taking hold (they can give you the proper reasoning at the consultation).

- Get a travel pillow! I toss and turn in bed at night so a travel pillow helped to keep me in the same position through the first few nights. You also can't let anything touch your implant area for the first few nights, and again the pillow raises your crown off the back of the bed.

I've only lost 3-4 follicles out of the 3700+ I had implanted so I probably went OTT with the aftercare, perhaps you don't need to be quite as strict as I was on myself :D

Yeah I recommend them as:

- They are in Ireland so easy to go for follow-up consultations (they request you come back after 10 months for a free follow-up and they will fill in any gaps (for free, again as part of the original fee) where the new follicles didn't take or where gaps are more apparent when the hair is longer)

- Additionally the fact it's in Ireland makes it a hell of a lot easier to do the aftercare procedure in the comfort of your own home, which lasts for around 4-5 days without having the stress of being shipped back on a plane straight away! Stress is bad after the operation as you want to keep your blood pressure low. Read my notes below...

- They have a written guarantee that 90% of the follicles placement will be successful (or whatever the wording is) and as mentioned before they will replace any gratis that didn't take.

- Their pre/after support is fantastic and have answered my 100 or so questions with no problems.

- They weren't EXTRAORDINARILY expensive as I've heard a certain south Dublin establishment is

- Finally, they did a fantastic job, and the staff were very attentive throughout calming any nerves I might have had going into the operation.

Regarding pricing, they had a sponsored forum up on boards where they detail the sort of pricing in post #16: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103723124

So I got the 25% boards discount off that rate. The discount was only until end of 2017 but maybe they'll keep it going for Jan 2018 (you'd probably need to pay a deposit to secure the price though).

A few things to note though...

- You need to cut the back and sides down to 1mm (not a 1 blade which is actually 3mm) so be prepared to rock the hipster look for a few weeks

- You'll have to spray saline solution on the implant area every 30-60 mins for the first 3-4 days. It's a real hassle, but gotta be done. This is why it's better to take a 2 week holiday off for this.
    I'm fortunately working from home at the moment so it worked out fine but I don't think I'd like to have to do this working in an office environment.
    You're housebound for a few days after anyway unless you want to wear a goofy hat which protects your implant area.

- You can't exercise for a few days after as you need to keep your blood pressure fairly even to avoid too much blood rushing to the head area possibly having an effect on the roots taking hold (they can give you the proper reasoning at the consultation).

- Get a travel pillow! I toss and turn in bed at night so a travel pillow helped to keep me in the same position through the first few nights. You also can't let anything touch your implant area for the first few nights, and again the pillow raises your crown off the back of the bed.

I've only lost 3-4 follicles out of the 3700+ I had implanted so I probably went OTT with the aftercare, perhaps you don't need to be quite as strict as I was on myself :D

Wow amazing advice and much appreciated thanks!

Wow amazing advice and much appreciated thanks!

No worries, I hate when you get vague advice on forums rather than straight up answers.

Of course the experience depends on how good your donor area is or if you suffer from eczema etc, so all of that will be discussed at the consultation.

But defo get quotes elsewhere as well, they all seem to be in competition with each other so you can negotiate.

I went to Ailesbury for a consultation yesterday. I have some small bald patches at the front of my head and thinning also, with a small bit of thinning at the back.

They reccomended 4,000 hair replacements, with a charge of 2 euro a hair. So 8,000 in total.

In anyone's experience would 2 euro a hair be reasonable enough?

Either way if I was getting it done it would probably have to be done in 2 stages as wouldn't have 8,000 readily available.

• Advertisement

I went to Ailesbury for a consultation yesterday. I have some small bald patches at the front of my head and thinning also, with a small bit of thinning at the back.

They reccomended 4,000 hair replacements, with a charge of 2 euro a hair. So 8,000 in total.

In anyone's experience would 2 euro a hair be reasonable enough?

Either way if I was getting it done it would probably have to be done in 2 stages as wouldn't have 8,000 readily available.

€2 per graft seems to be what the OP was quoted by the Turkish doc too. It's the price I was quoted too but I obviously got this down to €1.50 using the discount.

Did they mention anything about extending the boards discount?

Perhaps if you wait they might bring it back.

€2 per graft seems to be what the OP was quoted by the Turkish doc too. It's the price I was quoted too but I obviously got this down to €1.50 using the discount.

Did they mention anything about extending the boards discount?

Perhaps if you wait they might bring it back.

I mentioned it but the consultant said he doesn't deal with the pricing, someone is calling me in a day or two to discuss whether I want to go ahead with it. I'll definitely be chancing my arm with the discount as not sure I can afford it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HighTower16

Hi everyone, first time posting. thinking of going to HRBR or similar.

Has anyone any experience of FUT or FUE.

Just wondering about scaring, how long does it take to heal, is it very noticeable when done? any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, first time posting. thinking of going to HRBR or similar.

Has anyone any experience of FUT or FUE.

Yeah lots in this thread including my posts just above yours :D
    Just wondering about scaring, how long does it take to heal, is it very noticeable when done? any advice is greatly appreciated.

No scarring in FUE apart from (apparently) small white marks at the back of your head where the original follicles were extracted from (only noticeable if you shave that area down to a 0 blade).

I say "apparently" as I couldn't see any such marks after my operation.

Takes about 4 days to heal, and there's a general care period for around a week in total after, so your best off booking a weeks holidays for the operation and after-care part just to be safe (although the guys at Ailesbury told me that some people do head into work a day or so after the operation, though I wouldn't recommend it!)

PM me if you have any questions about my procedure.

Excellent results speedboatchase. My current hairline is exactly like yours pre your hair transplant. I had a consultation with HRBR a few years ago but they are incredibly expensive so they weren't an option. Will definetly be researching the Turkish route as it seems way more affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 azMark09

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

azMark09 wrote:
    I just got mine done 2 weeks ago. 2800-3000 hairs for 3,500 euro. Mhr clinic.

So jealous

I was getting quotes of 2000 for up to 5k follicles in turkey all you have to do is pay for a flight

• Registered Users Posts: 23 azMark09

This post has been deleted.

azMark09 wrote: »
    I think the flights, food, etc you pay for adds to it and then the risk of your health if anything goes wrong is enough to pay the extra few hundred in Ireland where there's far less stresses.

Yeah pretty much this is the reason I went local too.

I did my research and know that you need to do as little as possible for the days following the procedure in order to keep blood pressure fairly even to avoid any excessive blood rushing to the head which might shock the new follicles that are taking root. I just stayed at home watching the entire boxset of The Hobbit extended edition :)

That and the fact you can't risk anything brushing off your head for a few days, so there's the risk some idiot would fling their luggage out of the overhead on the plane, brushing off your head, thus damaging your entire implant area :mad:

Follow-up consultations are just a matter of taking the Dart into town, easy peasy.

A question for the people who have had this done: how has it gone down with family, friends, work colleagues etc? I know times have changed and more men are now looking after themselves to a greater extent, but a procedure like this is taking things to another level (arguably on the same level as plastic surgery or pretty close), so I'm guessing there are still people out there who would think of such a thing as being overly vain. Not that it matters of course. But still, it's interesting to take note of different opinions and reactions. I suppose a lot of the more negative opinions might come from people who are skeptical about how successful it will be? I've heard people talking about hair transplants but haven't met anyone who's had it done yet.

• Advertisement

On a lighter note, I've just noticed something that was quite funny. I apparently look a bit like Karl Pilkington (I've a bit more hair and I don't think my head is as round as his, but I do resemble him). I Googled him out of curiosity and found some pictures of him with more hair, and he actually looks alright with more hair on him. I'm guessing it was part of some comedy sketch or something. There are a select few who suit being bald but I do think in all honestly that most men (ideally) suit a bit more hair, and look better for it. Although it should be by no means the end of the world either way.

The only group of people I see who consistently suit being bald are black men. Hair on them doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to their overall look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A question for the people who have had this done: how has it gone down with family, friends, work colleagues etc? I know times have changed and more men are now looking after themselves to a greater extent, but a procedure like this is taking things to another level (arguably on the same level as plastic surgery or pretty close), so I'm guessing there are still people out there who would think of such a thing as being overly vain. Not that it matters of course. But still, it's interesting to take note of different opinions and reactions. I suppose a lot of the more negative opinions might come from people who are skeptical about how successful it will be? I've heard people talking about hair transplants but haven't met anyone who's had it done yet.

This is the interesting question for me. Maybe in my case people wouldn't notice as much - or might just sort of 2nd guess themselves at worst, because I'm a stable NW2 and have been for about 5 years thanks to Finasteride.

Considering a HT at some point to fill in some of the temples, but I don't strive to have an actual child's hairline so I think it would be about 800 grafts.

But do wonder what people would make of it. The irony of mentioning it to two female friends at one point and they saying I was daft, waste of money, and a bit vain and the two of their faces plastered in make-up. :)

A question for the people who have had this done: how has it gone down with family, friends, work colleagues etc?

Honestly haven't felt the need to tell anyone as I got my crown done so the change wouldn't be as noticeable as getting the front done.

I just told family I wanted to try a snazzy new military haircut as an experiment :)

Of course as I work from home at the moment, I didn't have any questions asked about the haircut at work, although to be honest I care little about what others think.

I mainly got this done to prevent getting sunburn on the area while out swimming, and secondly for cosmetic reasons as I hate not being able to see the area in question without using a mirror. At least on my thinning front I can sort of see how it looks and apply Topik or whatever until it thins enough to get a 2nd transplant later on so not too bothered about getting that area worked on until it's really falling out.

This is the interesting question for me. Maybe in my case people wouldn't notice as much - or might just sort of 2nd guess themselves at worst, because I'm a stable NW2 and have been for about 5 years thanks to Finasteride.

Considering a HT at some point to fill in some of the temples, but I don't strive to have an actual child's hairline so I think it would be about 800 grafts.

But do wonder what people would make of it. The irony of mentioning it to two female friends at one point and they saying I was daft, waste of money, and a bit vain and the two of their faces plastered in make-up. :)

Yeah I think that would probably be a very common reaction from women, even in 2018. Because women (especially younger ones) value hair on men, it's probably women themselves who are indirectly responsible for men striving to have have more hair in the first place. It's not the only factor of course but it would have to be one of the main ones.

As a side note, I've just noticed something interesting. I was flicking through a story about a female to male transgender person and couldn't help but notice that there was a receding hairline going on. It surprised me somewhat as I thought that would be much less likely in that scenario (and perhaps it is.) Interesting though.

cisk wrote: »

Jesus, that looks pretty barbaric. Mine never looked like that!?

The implants look like they are above the surface of the skin. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

edit

questio was re: Ailesbury but found answer in another page

St1mpMeister, do you have any before/after photos?

does anyone use natural DHT blockers lads?

1922 wrote: »
    edit

questio was re: Ailesbury but found answer in another page

St1mpMeister, do you have any before/after photos?

does anyone use natural DHT blockers lads?

I did take a shot there last week after I was pm-ed by another user but as it's only a month since the operation you don't really see much of a difference till the new hair takes hold in a few months.

Once there's major growth I can stick up a before + after.

The only thing I'm using now is Regaine on the implant area as it was recommended by Ailesbury to assist with the new hair growth.

I don't take any DHT blockers as I want all the rest of my hair to fall out so I can replace it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

thanks for that. suppose there is a logic to just replacing the rest to falls out alright!!!!

looking forward to seeing your results

• Advertisement

1922 wrote: »
    suppose there is a logic to just replacing the rest to falls out alright!!!!

Aye and if it starts getting a little patchy I can just use Toppik to fill in the gaps. That stuff is amazing.

Advertisement