Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonics after Christmas abuse

• 31-12-2017 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

What's yours or do you think it's all b*llox?

Use ACN myself (apple cider vinegar with mother) diluted with water, but disgusting as it tastes I must admit the clear out of toxins and what like is a marvel.

Feeling great too even though Jan is about to hit us.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Schwanz wrote: »
    What's yours or do you think it's all b*llox?

Use ACN myself (apple cider vinegar with mother) diluted with water, but disgusting as it tastes I must admit the clear out of toxins and what like is a marvel.

Feeling great too even though Jan is about to hit us.

Wtf is Apple cider vinegar with mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Apple cider vinegar has health benefits but it doesnt clear toxins from your body, theres no foods that remove toxins from your body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Treat your body better and you don't need to "de-tox"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sleep, water, and lots of tea. Fruit juice or a smoothie for a sugar boost. Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

If you have a fully functioning liver then that does all the 'detoxing' you'll need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

wakka12 wrote: »
    Apple cider vinegar has health benefits but it doesnt clear toxins from your body, theres no foods that remove toxins from your body

Maybe a placebo tonic then lol.

Bloating of the stomach and general feeling of cra* is gone.

Works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I just don't drink and get lots of sleep. Job done

If you have a fully functioning liver then that does all the 'detoxing' you'll need.

Read the title of the thread..... It's all about over-indulgence over the Christmas period which I'm sure puts the liver under more than usual pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

My liver and kidneys.

One of the benefits of having them is you don't need to buy magic beans to 'detox'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Council water from the tap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I start every morning with warm water, lemon and cayenne pepper. Use a straw though to protect one's teeth.

Pang wrote: »
    I start every morning with warm water, lemon and cayenne pepper. Use a straw though to protect one's teeth.

Lemons are God's gift to the liver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

wakka12 wrote: »
    theres no foods that remove toxins from your body

Foods that contain anti oxidants remove toxins from your body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Stheno wrote: »
    Wtf is Apple cider vinegar with mother?

braggs_acv_1_5.jpg

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Foods that contain anti oxidants remove toxins from your body.

That's not what antioxidants do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭mojesius

Dioralyte
    Bloody mary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

More drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Superfoods and detoxes are myths created for idiots easily parted from their money

If you've got a perfectly good liver and functioning kidneys, your system will sort itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

My wife got me drinking lemon and ginger tea, tastes horrible but it helps me kick any sweet addictions I may have picked up

That's not what antioxidants do.

Yes it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Yes it is.

Feel free to tell me how they do this and don't just contribute in a minor way to liver function by inhibiting oxidation

Patww79 wrote: »

Not really... if it's in your system it's in there... the body won't speed up its filtration system no matter how many antioxidant rich foods you shove in your gob.. unless you have access to a dialysis machine you're kinda stuck with the natural flow of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Fasting.

Feel free to tell me how they do this and don't just contribute in a minor way to liver function by inhibiting oxidation

You might find this article interesting https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/diagnosis-diet/201712/the-antioxidant-myth

I only really use turmeric cooking at the in-laws so they have to woek harder washing the plates :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Feck it... I give up... ye can all clog your arteries with coconut oil.

Oh you're changing your story now.

• Advertisement

Oh you're changing your story now.

No I'm not. When I say that they do remove toxins from the body, then I'll be changing my story.

But until then I'd like to hear your scientific explanation of how they do remove toxins from the body.

Advertisement