Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future of boards.ie lack of young blood

Options
  • 24-12-2017 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Boards.ie has a major Demographic problem, no young people aged 15/25 are joining the site anymore. This website faces the prospect of being as obsolete as vcrs and bank tellers. What can be done to address this problem ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

Boards.ie has a major Demographic problem, no young people aged 15/25 are joining the site anymore. This website faces the prospect of being as obsolete as vcrs and bank tellers. What can be done to address this problem ?

More coke and hookers avacado toast

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I volunteer my jizz to any fertile ladies willing to procreate in order to repopulate the site membership

Assuming you have no Cork blood in you. Kind of a "one drop rule" if you will.....if you have Cork blood you don't even get one drop of The Donald's batter

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Hope that reddit inexplicably disappears somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

We need AvB to hook up and have a clatter of chiselers...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Howw do you know this? And why does it really matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Oldtree wrote: »

It's a fair point.
    Used to see lots of young uns joining using txtspeak.
    Been a long time since I've seen any...
    Boards.ie could be like a good mass in a few years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Oldtree wrote: »

It's pretty clear from the way people talk, and what they talk about.

Whether it's a problem.. time will tell, sooner or later... time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Does that mean the old posters are obsolete?

In fairness, they'd probably just be posting pictures of themselves anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

It's not exactly a very welcoming environment - many of the users on here spend their whole time pissing and moaning about "this generation ruining society". Whatever "this generation" means, I don't know exactly. It seems to be a catch-all term for anybody who doesn't agree with their aging worldview entirely, or tells them that "actually, yes, what you just said that is offensive."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Boards.ie needs to add them dog and rabbit snap chat filters to appeal to the "younger" generation..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,310 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm 25!

I'm 25!

Where are your mandatory dog ear filters and emojis - I don't believe you. 25 years old are all :P:confused:confused:;):):mad:

Where are your mandatory dog ear filters and emojis - I don't believe you. 25 years old are all :P:confused:confused:;):):mad:

I can stretch to a :D:) but that's about it!
    I never got the whole thing about making yourself look like a dog.(I am 25)

I can stretch to a :D:) but that's about it!
    I never got the whole thing about making yourself look like a dog.(I am 25)

We need the aubergine emoji on Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

I'm 25!

Well done......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

whiskeyman wrote: »
    We need AvB to hook up and have a clatter of chiselers...

AvB wouldn't lower himself to merely hook up and have a clatter of chiselers. He'd find a woman he has an admiration for and take her on the first flight away from where they met and whisper sweet nothings in her ear. He'd regale stories of his many voyages around the world. He'd buy her an expensive evening gown and bring her to the nearest operatic performance in town whilst wearing his finest garments handmade by the most exclusive tailors he knows. They'd dine in the the most exquisite restaurant with champagne and oysters to make sure her senses were heightened. They'd retire to his boudoir and make love in the most beautiful, sensuous way :D

Deank wrote: »
    Well done......

Thanks, I know it's a big achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

CcoxRfWW0AEK2lb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

We need the aubergine emoji on Boards

=======)

Best I can do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'm 25!

Oh, I very much doubt that......

.......your spelling and punctuation, and correct use thereof, give you away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Websites come, and websites go but I'll only start worrying when internet stalwarts like bebo and myspace disappear.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I dunno. My 15 year old told me last week that she was reading my posts. If you are reading this - Hi Daughter.

Knine wrote: »
    I dunno. My 15 year old told me last week that she was reading my posts. If you are reading this - Hi Daughter.
    Scarlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

‘Boards.ie - The place you can read the sh!t your parents say. Until we ban you’

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

What are you talking about I'm only 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,505 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Why does anything need to be done ??
    If it does go it will be replaced by something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The problem is the kids of today never got the face kicking they so richly deserve. If only their was a man to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Is this a national emergency or something OP.

Boards or similar are things that people chose to do, you can't make it enticing for people, it is for them or it isn't.

In some senses boards is an echo chamber in some senses it's a reflection of life, but after that it's a business.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about I'm only 24.

Yeah, size 24.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement