Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A girl on my facebook is currently live streaming her mothers funeral

Options
  • 23-12-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

yup. happy christmas to all.

i have a friend on the facebook machine who i worked with years ago. neways shes currently on facebook live streaming her mothers or grandmothers funeral. following the hearse now and all i hear is crying..am i fcuked up to be watching this..why in the name of fcuk would you.. earlier on i saw the old lady as the coffin was been closed

Comments

C*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jeepers, I was at a funeral recently where the death notice said you could tune into the church webcam for the funeral mass, thought that was bad enough :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Attention seeking dickbaggery of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe it is for family member/members abroad who couldn't get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

yesterday i was browsing and I noticed these people throwing shapes to african music. i thought ah sure theyre having a good time. im thinking now was this some form of mass thingy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

She'll be one of those who talks directly to dead relatives, ie, happy Christmas mam, miss you loads xoxo

Gotta get those likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Guys,

Ease up. You don't know the circumstances, this is probably being streamed to friends and family that can't make (for one reason or another) it to the funeral.

Give her the benefit of the doubt.

RIP, sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

RobertKK wrote: »
    Maybe it is for family member/members abroad who couldn't get home.

Maybe it's narcissism of the lowest order.

If it was just for family members / those abroad, surely OP shouldn't be able to see it?

Ergo... attention seeking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Selfie with the dog filter.

#metoo

• Advertisement

me_irl wrote: »

If it was just for family members / those abroad, surely OP shouldn't be able to see it?

As I tell the mother in law when she shushes the whole kitchen for the death notices, if you were that close, you'd be at the funeral, not hearing about it on the radio (or Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I know churches where they have webcam and you can watch weddings, funerals and daily mass.
    I think a big deal is being made out of nothing.

to be honest im more of what the fcuk am i watching and why the fcuk am i watching this over anything...

RobertKK wrote: »
    I know churches where they have webcam and you can watch weddings, funerals and daily mass.
    I think a big deal is being made out of nothing.

Catholicism 2.0.

#jesustoo

• Registered Users Posts: 67,152 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think a person coming on to a forum to ask questions and mock a situation you haven't even tried to understand to be extremely weird. Not to mention watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Beyond bloody belief :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

My brother lives in Australia and was able to listen to a live feed of our dads funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Peatys wrote: »
    She'll be one of those who talks directly to dead relatives, ie, happy Christmas mam, miss you loads xoxo

Gotta get those likes!
    longshanks wrote: »
    Attention seeking dickbaggery of the highest order.

FFS you don't even know the woman or the circumstances. You don't have to watch.

Personally I steer clear of Facebook.

Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Specialun wrote: »
    to be honest im more of what the fcuk am i watching and why the fcuk am i watching this over anything...
    Good question!

Have you come up with an answer yet?

9or10 wrote: »
    FFS you don't even know the woman or the circumstances. You don't have to watch.

Personally I steer clear of Facebook.

Happy Christmas

And many happy returns.

Xoxo

• Advertisement

I think a person coming on to a forum to ask questions and mock a situation you haven't even tried to understand to be extremely weird. Not to mention watching it.

thanks. love you too. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Everyone's a film maker now OP, shame to waste good material .....

(joke btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Just thinking - would it be possible to live stream this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,755 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

me_irl wrote: »

You don't really understand how the Facebook thing works.

If I want to put something out there for a subset of my family and friends, I put it out there, Unless there's some reason for it to be private (eg reading my mother's will*), then I'm not going to bother my a** figuring out the settings to stop other people seeing it too. Especially if my mother died a couple of days ago and I'm, like, grief-stricken.

If that offends your sensibilities, then maybe you need to step away from the computer and stick to IRL friends.

* It's a made up example: my mother was dead before Facebook was even a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Specialun wrote: »

Or starting a thread about for the boards equivalent of “likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Just unfollow her posts and stop watching!
    You’re not being forced to watch the feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Whatever it takes to get through such a difficult experience. So long as no close family are upset by it who cares! I would assume it's for the benefit of family abroad though.

hairyslug wrote: »
    My brother lives in Australia and was able to listen to a live feed of our dads funeral.

ah perhaps its more common so. was it the church that provided this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Peatys wrote: »

Gotta get those likes!

Here's a thanks instead :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

She and her family are likely to read this. They would find it upsetting. Nobody's business to comment.

Posting this here is worse than you assume she is being. I just unfriend people I dislike personally.

Advertisement