Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A girl on my facebook is currently live streaming her mothers funeral

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

When you're dead, you could live stream from the coffin with a bit of gentle lighting until the fone battery dies.

Need a good data plan tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,918 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

My mother in laws funeral was streamed, her daughter in America was unable to get home for it, so while I thought it a bit odd, it helped my wife's sister grieve and feel part of the family whilst hundreds of miles away.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Here's a thanks instead :)

Ah yeah, that sweet sweet hit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

She and her family are likely to read this. They would find it upsetting. Nobody's business to comment.

Posting this here is worse than you assume she is being. I just unfriend people I dislike personally.

haha. its highly unlikely they will. i think they may be a bit busy at the moment

Specialun wrote: »
    haha. its highly unlikely they will. i think they may be a bit busy at the moment

People like that are never too busy for Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

You don't really understand how the Facebook thing works.

If I want to put something out there for a subset of my family and friends, I put it out there, Unless there's some reason for it to be private (eg reading my mother's will*), then I'm not going to bother my a** figuring out the settings to stop other people seeing it too. Especially if my mother died a couple of days ago and I'm, like, grief-stricken.

If that offends your sensibilities, then maybe you need to step away from the computer and stick to IRL friends.

* It's a made up example: my mother was dead before Facebook was even a thing.

Nah. Not buying it.

Takes five minutes to group friends / family.

It OP is a friend, and can see the funeral then it's fúcking stupid.

But make sure to get all those likes, hearts and other Pavlovian feedback methods no matter how crass!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was at a funeral a year ago that was streamed on FB for friends of the deceased unable to travel. I think it's great technology allows it to be possible. Slagging the girl off without knowing the reason is uncool. Even if she's doing it just for likes, shes grieving and probably not in a good place. Times and a place for judging someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

n4NY5np.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

It was my dad's funeral yesterday. It was live streamed on the internet via the parish. My dad's two sisters couldn't get flights back and were devastated to miss it.

Not everyone has a horrible agenda or is a horrible person.

Perhaps those sorts of reactions show more about your issues than anything else. Unable to see the good side to anything.

The live stream yesterday brought so much comfort to our stranded relatives abroad. Christmas meant so many couldn't make it home but they felt a part of the funeral nonetheless. What a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Wurly wrote: »
    It was my dad's funeral yesterday. It was live streamed on the internet via the parish. My dad's two sisters couldn't get flights back and were devastated to miss it.

Perhaps those sorts of reactions show more about your issues than anything else. Unable to see the good side to anything.

The live stream yesterday brought so much comfort to our stranded relatives abroad. Christmas meant so many couldn't make it home but they felt a part of the funeral nonetheless. What a gift.

Sorry for your loss Wurly :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

longshanks wrote: »
    Attention seeking dickbaggery of the highest order.

Ever hear of a griefie? It's a sad selfie at a funeral and it very much exists. Fcuk sake.

She and her family are likely to read this. They would find it upsetting. Nobody's business to comment.

Posting this here is worse than you assume she is being. I just unfriend people I dislike personally.

Normal people don't know about boards. Be grand.

Wurly wrote: »

Sorry for your loss. Don't read too much into ah treads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,698 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

me_irl wrote: »
    Nah. Not buying it.

Takes five minutes to group friends / family.

It OP is a friend, and can see the funeral then it's fúcking stupid.

But make sure to get all those likes, hearts and other Pavlovian feedback methods no matter how crass!

Dude. This is Ireland.

The whole village and half the next village, attends most local funerals.

Why on earth sould anyone make one "family only".

It would make sense if you are a brit and have five weeks to plan the thing. But not if you're irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Maybe it’s because they have relatives or friends who can’t attend the funeral in person

Gael23 wrote: »
    Maybe it’s because they have relatives or friends who can’t attend the funeral in person

Serious answers.... tut, we could all do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

RobertKK wrote: »
    I know churches where they have webcam and you can watch weddings, funerals and daily mass.
    I think a big deal is being made out of nothing.

The priest at my mates mother's funeral said it was being streamed for those abroad.thats fine. It's not really the same as some girl ( who by the sound software it is immediate family so probably should have better things to be doing) holding her phone up and streaming it from the front row.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I just wasn't able to watch that.
    I was cumming so hard that my glasses fell off

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Funeral directors offer this service and it's quite common. Some friends and family might not be able to return home for the funeral. Streaming the funeral allows them to be there in a way.

In the 80s an elderly couple were in a car accident. The Mr died and she was in a coma. The family recorded the funeral for his wife for when she came out of the coma. It seemed morbid to me at the time but it helped the wife griev

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

just to note

i wasnt slagging the girl off. i never knew streaming of funerals was even a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

There's looking after relatives from abroad and then there's this disrespectful little turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It’s the new reality. Society evolves. We are evolving into this shïtbag cünt fest. I’m sure to my 7 year old son this will not be strange or exciting when he grows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

It gives a whole new meaning to the term "live TV"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Not everything your friends do on Facebook is meant for you nor is it posted as a way of seeking attention. Some people post things for their immediate family but aren't tech savvy enough, or maybe they just couldn't be bothered, to change the privacy settings. If you don't like something don't watch it.

Seriously what the fuck is with people whining about what their Facebook friends do? If it's any consolation you can probably safely unfriend most people that bother you and they most likely either won't give a shit or they'll be glad to see the back of you if all you do is whine about what they post.

I'm not specifically talking about the OP by the way, but the people that call this girl a cunt or say she's seeking attention.

Advertisement